[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

So I have a challenge for anyone interested. I've been messing around with the settings for the hand held hellfire. And I can't seem to dial it in to hit what you designate. It consistently hits above the target. It homes in on it like it's going to hit but never lands on it. Not sure what I'm missing here.

Edit

N/m I'm a dummy :P I got it.

edit

Got the cold Launch working properly for the mini Hellfire. Launches like a javelin now and drags it's tail along the ground for about half a second before climbing.

Edited by V8jester

Ok, Quick update. LordPrometheus has stepped away from KSP for a bit as some RL stuff has come up. So there will probably be only one new weapon in the next release of FPS.

As it stands right now.

Weapon manager / locking radar added to kerbals - Working but, does not deactivate when sitting in a command chair

Guard mode - Working

MK.19 Grenade launcher - Working / done

AT4 - Working / not done. Needs a single axis length adjustment

SADM - In game but no nuke fantastic-ness yet

E11 Blaster - cfg and sound is ready, model is in hand. Needs to be rigged up as a turret

Ammo Resource Handling - Still up in the air using BD Armory ammo resources for now

Butterfingers Issue - Fixed

Bottle Rocket Issue - Fixed

Uncontrolled turning - Fixed

Too much recoil - Fixed

I'm thinking about just tossing what I have into the wild as I am dead in the water without Blender Unity help. If anyone is interested in modeling and Unity setup I'd welcome the help.

0.2 is up

Download

Weapon manager / locking radar added to kerbals - Working but, does not deactivate when sitting in a command chair

Added - Guard mode capability

Added EVAManager Plugin, Courtesy of Toadicus

Added - MK.19 Grenade launcher, Courtesy of LordPrometheus

Removed - Ammo resource from all guns, Backpack ammo now required

Fixed - Guns falling out of Kerbals hands

Fixed - Hellfire missile accuracy

Fixed - Uncontrolled turning

Fixed - Too much recoil

Edited by V8jester

That's what I was thinking of trying. And if the chute doesn't perform write we could alter the module to raise or lower its effectiveness. And as far as KIS goes. I don't know if we need to set it as "part" or "Physic" just reference the difference between a turret I wrote a cfg for and an ammo box. I will try and mess around with this. If it's just a cfg file. There is no reason why we couldn't add it to FPS.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everybody know. FPS is going to be on hold for a while. As I have accomplished everything I set out to do as well as everything I am capable of doing for now. I need help with Blender and Unity model setup (I know that's asking a lot) If anyone is interested please PM me. I will continue to update if there are any breaking changes or new weapons added to BD Armory. But for now enjoy FPS!

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Hey I know this is on hold but just had an interesting thought. Instead of the parachutes…..jetpacks.

Actually there a 2 different mods that do just that. Can't remember there names, but Google is your friend.

2 minutes ago, VASMIR said:

Alright so when I equip any gun and press "R", it just stays stationary.

Did you read the OP?

"First press "R" to enable RCS, this will bend the Kerbals arm

Equip the desired weapon just as you would a KIS tool

You can turn RCS off if you so desire and the gun will remain stationary

If you do not turn on RCS the gun will be pointing straight down and will remain that way until re equipped

Currently the M2 is a fixed gun so it cannot be aimed the same as the other guns"

• 3 weeks later...
On February 6, 2016 at 8:25 PM, War Eagle 1 said:

So how are things?

Nothing new to report. Haven't had anyone interesting I helping with the modeling portion of the project. And I haven't heard of anything broken since the last BDA update. Again if anyone is interested in helping with the modeling / Unity setup of turrets. I'd welcome the help.

2 hours ago, V8jester said:

Nothing new to report. Haven't had anyone interesting I helping with the modeling portion of the project. And I haven't heard of anything broken since the last BDA update. Again if anyone is interested in helping with the modeling / Unity setup of turrets. I'd welcome the help.

Just drop me a pm, turrets being my thing :)

45 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I shall just leave this here :)

Dude! That looks fantastic! Looks like you turned the recoil back on though ;) Can't wait to merge your additions into FPS! Oh I'm also adding you to the list of contributors just realized I hadn't done that yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.