[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

6 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Mac 11 sure does fill the void of a SMG.
Now we don't have to lug around those bulky 20mm vulcans 
Only thing i would suggest is move the gun back a bit more so it looks like the kerbal is holding it by the grip rather than the stock

Check out NAS there's a STEN available:)

3 minutes ago, Acea said:

Check out NAS there's a STEN available:)

I have but unless you have updated it lately it doesnt have a turret factor in it. Its stationary like the BD m2 .50 cal LMG
Also i can't check to see if you have until my new computer charger comes in as mine has a short in it. But it should be in today

Edited by War Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I have but unless you have updated it lately it doesnt have a turret factor in it. Its stationary like the BD m2 .50 cal LMG
Also i can't check to see if you have until my new computer charger comes in as mine has a short in it. But it should be in today

Yes it works in this way because I want to simulate an invasion action in which you don't have much time to take aim. A sten is not a very accurate or reliable weapon, and doesn't work like a turret, but it does do some damage, which should be fine

Just now, Acea said:

Yes it works in this way because I want to simulate an invasion action in which you don't have much time to take aim. A sten is not a very accurate or reliable weapon, and doesn't work like a turret, but it does do some damage, which should be fine

I can see where you are going but for this mod we are trying to get it to function in guard mode. So really i guess its just two different ideas of looking at how to use it.

Interestingly enough. The Stern in still somewhat in use. When my dad was in Iraq (LT Col. so he didn't actually fight), he got to fire many of the weapons the terrorist use which included the Stern. To quote my dad "It was a fun gun!"

4 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

I can see where you are going but for this mod we are trying to get it to function in guard mode. So really i guess its just two different ideas of looking at how to use it.

Interestingly enough. The Stern in still somewhat in use. When my dad was in Iraq (LT Col. so he didn't actually fight), he got to fire many of the weapons the terrorist use which included the Stern. To quote my dad "It was a fun gun!"

Yeah I agree the weapon is quite interesting and creative to the time it was developed

Edited by Acea

Just now, Acea said:

Yeah I agree the weapon is quite interesting and creative for the time it was developed

Would you consider adding it to BD FPS with turret functions? 

Also Jester...you should consider asking BahamotoD to put a link to this mod on the front of his page.

2 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Also Jester...you should consider asking BahamotoD to put a link to this mod on the front of his page.

Not hard I guess and I may consider seeking a way to give it a relatively realistic turret performance, which may take some time

2 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

You can request it if you'd like. I was honestly waiting for others to suggest adding it.

looks like I'll need to post Spanners work in the OP, because you two just buried it in about 10 seconds :P

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Flamethrower muwahahaha

Lol good luck.

Rifles:
M4/M16 
AK-47/74
Tavor 21
SCAR-H
G-36

SMG:
MP-5
Mac-11 (thanks Spanner)
UZI
UMP
P90

LMG:
M249
M60
PKP
L86
RPD

Pistols: (add a reload feature to make it semi auto)
M9
Glock 
IWI Desert Eagle

Anti Vehicle launchers:
(For the most part the AT-4 has that covered but if possible)
FGM-148
Remodel the 40mm grenade launcher to look more like the Milkor MGL

Anti Air Launchers:
FIM-92

27 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Lol good luck.

Rifles:
M4/M16 
AK-47/74
Tavor 21
SCAR-H
G-36

SMG:
MP-5
Mac-11 (thanks Spanner)
UZI
UMP
P90

LMG:
M249
M60
PKP
L86
RPD

Pistols: (add a reload feature to make it semi auto)
M9
Glock 
IWI Desert Eagle

Anti Vehicle launchers:
(For the most part the AT-4 has that covered but if possible)
FGM-148
Remodel the 40mm grenade launcher to look more like the Milkor MGL

Anti Air Launchers:
FIM-92

So which part of that list are you working on? Hmmmmm ;)

thanks to Kerbal animation suite, I could in theory do a reload animation. But the guns are spawned in such a way they don't move... So I have no idea how you'd actually do a reload using the systems we are using.

44 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Flamethrower muwahahaha

Just don't spend all your energy here. I want to see Boomstick resurrected :)

Edited by V8jester

Just now, V8jester said:

So which part of that list are you working on? Hmmmmm ;)

thanks to Kerbal animation suite, I could in theory do a reload animation. But the guns are spawned in such a way that don't move... So I have no idea how you'd actually do a reload using the systems we are using.

Trust me if I had any know how I would be making the guns myself. Really the list I gave is just to get the wheels turning but I'm not expecting all of them
Now I'm not saying have them actually reload but make some like the pistols semi auto (one bullet per trigger pull). Basically like how the 105mm howitzer has a time delay in-between shots you could set up the pistols to do something similar to give it the effect of not pew pew pew but rather pew...pew...pew

14 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Trust me if I had any know how I would be making the guns myself. Really the list I gave is just to get the wheels turning but I'm not expecting all of them
Now I'm not saying have them actually reload but make some like the pistols semi auto (one bullet per trigger pull). Basically like how the 105mm howitzer has a time delay in-between shots you could set up the pistols to do something similar to give it the effect of not pew pew pew but rather pew...pew...pew

That's totally do able. The other thing I can do for people that have the inclination is setup a separate batch of cfg files for "Prop only" guns. The props will not fire but will act the same as a ProProps parts. This would be for people using Kerbal Animation Suite to be able to have the Kerbal move a gun around in a more realistic fashion for videos which will respond the the bone mesh's in the Kerbal's hands. Then when you need them to fire, you can swap the prop out for an actual "BD turret" gun.

Just a thought. If enough people are interested I may release a side download for the diehard cinematic guys. Or just instructions how to convert the cfg's on your own.

1 minute ago, V8jester said:

That's totally do able. The other thing I can do for people that have the inclination is setup a separate batch of cfg files for "Prop only" guns. The props will not fire but will act the same as a ProProps parts. This would be for people using Kerbal Animation Suite to be able to have the Kerbal move a gun around in a more realistic fashion for videos which will respond the the bone mesh's in the Kerbal's hands. Then when you need them to fire, you can swap the prop out for an actual "BD turret" gun.

Just a thought. If enough people are interested I may release a side download for the diehard cinematic guys. Or just instructions how to convert the cfg's on your own.

If i was able to do kip cinematics i would 100% support that.

54 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

What worries me the most is the insane grins the kerbs get on their little green faces when firing weapons,  glad you like em:cool:

And i did give the deagle a sensible firing pattern, esp as i couldn't resist making the the AE model, hand held cannon indeed :P

As a gun enthusiast myself i find the grins normal lol.
I can't wait to test them myself.
One thing you should consider doing (if possible) is make it so that rounds fired from those guns like that M16 or Mac-11 have as little affect on things like armor as possible but still able to make a kerbal pop with enough rounds.  That way it can't kill tanks (easily) but is still combat effective.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.