[1.1.3] BDArmory FPS - A BDArmory Expansion - 0.4 (9-10-16)

V8jester

On 25/04/2016 at 2:45 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

!/  while in sph or vab place weapons in kerbals seat or personal inventory

2/ launch kerbal

3/ send kerbal on eva

4/ press r to activate backpack/mmu this places kerbals hands in correct position for holding weapons

5/ open kerbal kis inventory and select weapon of choice

6/ assign weapon to kerbal

7/ click on weapon to activate using  BD armory gui, and guard mode

Guard mode is best used with normal weaponry, rockets and missiles can be troublesome. Generally guard mode is effective against other armed kerbals and vehicles. Missiles and rockets are best aimed and fired manually.

As already mentioned the guard mode is still in development and was never intended for use by Kerbals and as such the results can be variable depending on the situation

Hi, The above procedure should work

@VASMIR  Yep you're right although the equip side of things works fine the eva manager is null ref'ing like a mad thing. Nothing works at all, the eva manager is supposed to install a weapon manager module to an EVA kerbal automatically, placing one in the inventory is not going to achieve the desired result as non of it is active while in inventory

I'll get hold of @V8jester and see about getting it sorted. Although he's at  the mercy of RL it should be fixable

PS this is 1.1.2 we are talking about isn't it? as it works in 1.0.5

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

7 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@VASMIR  Yep you're right although the equip side of things works fine the eva manager is null ref'ing like a mad thing. Nothing works at all, the eva manager is supposed to install a weapon manager module to an EVA kerbal automatically, placing one in the inventory is not going to achieve the desired result as non of it is active while in inventory

I'll get hold of @V8jester and see about getting it sorted. Although he's at  the mercy of RL it should be fixable

PS this is 1.1.2 we are talking about isn't it? as it works in 1.0.5

It is.  I'm planning to use this in my "Born to Kill" series.

Thanks @SpannerMonkey(smce) Yeah RL has been ridiculous last month or so. But I'm still around :)

I am not sure yet what is causing this issue. @War Eagle 1 had also mentioned this over a PM. There may have been a change in either BD Armory or KIS for 1.1.2 that may have borked something. We will poke around and see if we can't get it sorted.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Redlemon said:

My BD FPS doesnt work, i can equip them, i can activate them and aim them, but not shot them, am i doing something wrong, i got module manager BD armoury and KIS?

You will need to carry an ammo pack selectable from the inventory

And possibly this fix 

The fix adds a new universal ammo storage and weapon manager, equip this as well a yoyr weapon of choice and all should work.

Must have a word with  @V8jester about getting an update sorted for this, may be able to squeeze a few new bits and bobs out

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You will need to carry an ammo pack selectable from the inventory

And possibly this fix 

The fix adds a new universal ammo storage and weapon manager, equip this as well a yoyr weapon of choice and all should work.

Must have a word with  @V8jester about getting an update sorted for this, may be able to squeeze a few new bits and bobs out

I have been doing that...

"You will need to carry an ammo pack selectable from the inventory"

And the Fix worked thanks!

Edited by Redlemon
Explanation

Thanks @SpannerMonkey(smce)

I'm currently lost as to how we can get rid of the non firing issue. It seams that with some of the recent changes to BD Armory and KIS. They just don't play as well together any more. And since FPS relies on both of these plugins to work..... I am not a plugin programmer. Just a general tinkerer of things really. And FPS was a glorious accident I had to share with everybody. If a plugin coder wants to tear into the problem I would absolutely welcome the help.

@V8jester ( also relevant to @Redlemon) Hiya I'm not sure what is going on with everybody's FPS but I've just tested all the weapons current and yet to come and they all work.  although KIS is null reffing like a good un (:rolleyes:)  But as you can see below it does work, included in the link attached is an EVA manager and cfg that works for me, and the ammo pack with required modules as  pictured below. 

Extract the archive, delete current plugin folder from FPS and replace with one from zip, Also included the complete ammo folder, delete the current version of the ammo folder and replace with the one from the zip

Usage, equip weapons and weapon pack pictured below, in the usual manner,   when selected from inventory and equipped the BD gui may activate at this point, if it does select armed and choose weapon from gui as per normal and then check weapon toggle, even though BD is loaded it still needs a manual toggle of a few of the weapons.  TEST FIX

If non of that works I'm going to need to see a log ( i know about the KIS issues ) what I'm looking for is other interactions and errors. ( Looking into the 1.2 future i can see issues with all BD stuff as the current  default gui it uses for all weapons is being phased out, this'll affect everyone concerned with weapons mods of any type)

• 2 weeks later...

@SpannerMonkey(smce) if you link / pm me the FPS folder you have working as a whole. We can upload that to Spacedock and maybe show this a little love. I really haven't had the time to dive into this as far as you have. At this point I think FPS has more with your name on it than mine :) really appreciate everything you do around here, thank you!

Just now, V8jester said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) if you link / pm me the FPS folder you have working as a whole. We can upload that to Spacedock and maybe show this a little love. I really haven't had the time to dive into this as far as you have. At this point I think FPS has more with your name on it than mine :) really appreciate everything you do around here, thank you!

K, I'll do some tidying up, clear out the experimentals and poke what i have your way

Could you teach me how to use the EVAManager.dll and the FPS_Config.cfg? where should i put it?   My ksp is 1.1.3

I am making a railgun,but i don't know how to use the dll 

RKeCU5Ug.png

Edited by BF2_Pilot

5 hours ago, BF2_Pilot said:

Could you teach me how to use the EVAManager.dll and the FPS_Config.cfg? where should i put it?   My ksp is 1.1.3

I am making a railgun,but i don't know how to use the dll 

RKeCU5Ug.png

Well the only thing we used EVA Manager for, was to add the weapon manager directly to a Kerbal. You could also add ammo directly to a Kerbal but we didn't find this particularly useful. But the guns themselves are mainly just made possibl by BDA and KIS. What specifically are you trying to do?

And as far as file placement. Just use the existing BD FPS file structure and cfg's as a guide. You can simply copy an existing cfg and modify the necessary values. But this all depends on the guns being setup in unity. Other wise they are just props. @SpannerMonkey(smce) Is really the master behind all the Unity work on FPS. I just improved on Darren9's idea and with the help of guys Like spanner. FPS is what it is today.

I'm no master modder trust me :)

11 hours ago, V8jester said:

Well the only thing we used EVA Manager for, was to add the weapon manager directly to a Kerbal. You could also add ammo directly to a Kerbal but we didn't find this particularly useful. But the guns themselves are mainly just made possibl by BDA and KIS. What specifically are you trying to do?

And as far as file placement. Just use the existing BD FPS file structure and cfg's as a guide. You can simply copy an existing cfg and modify the necessary values. But this all depends on the guns being setup in unity. Other wise they are just props. @SpannerMonkey(smce) Is really the master behind all the Unity work on FPS. I just improved on Darren9's idea and with the help of guys Like spanner. FPS is what it is today.

I'm no master modder trust me :)

Oh,thanks

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2016 at 11:41 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Where did you get the helemt for the kerbal? I want to combine SM Chute and this mod together so I can drop patroopers

11 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Where did you get the helemt for the kerbal? I want to combine SM Chute and this mod together so I can drop patroopers

The helmet is something that i made for FPS's first big update but due to some really odd behavior it wasn't included, it Will be in the upcoming update which is due as soon as i get a quiet afternoon to get it uploaded and posted , it's all done and ready to go according to the test crew. So many projects so little time :)

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The helmet is something that i made for FPS's first big update but due to some really odd behavior it wasn't included, it Will be in the upcoming update which is due as soon as i get a quiet afternoon to get it uploaded and posted , it's all done and ready to go according to the test crew. So many projects so little time :)

Ok. Thanks Mr. Lord of War :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.