[1.4] SpaceY Expanded, v1.5 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

So I decided on a whim to convert the lot of your mods to .dds, which as it turns out wasn't the best of ideas, given your penchant for texture swapping (I use pretty much all of your mods except Burger Time:)). Anyway, I'm stubborn and am (somewhat) determined to press forward (I seem to remember getting it to work in the ancient days of 1.0.5 aka last week, but I forgot how). The long and the short of it is, I'm stuck on your SYengine7mR9 engine -- where exactly does its' texture swapping patch live? I can't find it anywhere and I've spent the past 30 minutes looking:confused: -- in every one of your mod folders no less.

The message I get when I load the game is about what you'd expect and as clear as can be (the file definitely exists, but as a dds, not as an mbm). So my thinking is point the patch at the new files...or you know, learn to leave well enough alone and leave things as I found them originally:P.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SpaceY-Expanded/Parts/Engines/SYengine7mR9/SYengine7mR9'

PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture as cannot find texture 'SYengineRbell-Emissive' to replace

6 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

So I decided on a whim to convert the lot of your mods to .dds, which as it turns out wasn't the best of ideas, given your penchant for texture swapping (I use pretty much all of your mods except Burger Time:)). Anyway, I'm stubborn and am (somewhat) determined to press forward (I seem to remember getting it to work in the ancient days of 1.0.5 aka last week, but I forgot how). The long and the short of it is, I'm stuck on your SYengine7mR9 engine -- where exactly does its' texture swapping patch live? I can't find it anywhere and I've spent the past 30 minutes looking:confused: -- in every one of your mod folders no less.

The message I get when I load the game is about what you'd expect and as clear as can be (the file definitely exists, but as a dds, not as an mbm). So my thinking is point the patch at the new files...or you know, learn to leave well enough alone and leave things as I found them originally:P.

Actually I'm not sure why you're trying to do this, since all of the textures that are of any real size are already DDS. The only ones that aren't, are just tiny placeholders. Some of those I didn't convert, because it was breaking the texture replacement, as you're noticing now. Since they're placeholders that get replaced, and they're usually less than 4k in size (some less than 1k), it's usually not worth trying to convert those too.

What's happening here is that SY-Expanded is breaking on loading the R9 engine because it's failing to load the "SYengineRbell-Emissive.png" placeholder, and then therefore failing to remap the texture to the DDS one provided by SY-Lifters.

IMHO, it's really not worth bothering with this on your side, since you're talking about saving only a few KB, in a mod that's 22 MB in size (on disk). Something like a tenth of a percent, or less. :)

Some of the models probably need to be recompiled before they'll accept a placeholder that's not PNG. I might look into that anyway just because I tried to replace all of the placeholders with magenta textures so that remapping failures are obvious.

And here it is. :)

Updated:

1.1.9 (2016-05-01) - Tweaks.
 - Updated Probe core to use IndicatorLights if available.
 - Probe cores now also have a toggle option for light-up labels that correspond to the indicator lights.
 - Converted many texture placeholders to DDS format (not that this gains much of anything).

oh, wow, that was not the response expected, but thank you.

I was doing it mainly because it seemed like the thing to do (I just got the converter tool, and when you have a new tool, well use it on all the things!). I probably was going to revert the changes anyway once I figured out how it worked. Honestly, I wasn't trying to make more work for you -- it was more of a "it's 3am and why can't I figure this out" post:rolleyes:.

But thank you.

Ooo, and Indicator light support.

Edited by Deimos Rast

3 hours ago, Daveroski said:

I just downloaded SpaceY_Expanded-1.1.9.zip from spacedock.

The directory structure seems to be missing it's first directory.

I'm not sure what you mean. It looks OK to me. Can you explain?

18 hours ago, ExtremeSquared said:

7.5m landers are a bit ridiculous. Never landed on a lander before.

Not sure what you mean, that looks like a perfectly routine tuesday afternoon mission to me... :D.

Nice aim btw. Elon Musk may have a job for you in the booster recovery dept.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all: thank you for this great mod. i love building big stuff :)

at the momemt i have a small problem. none of the 7.5m engines and tanks can be found in vab or in the r&d. i allready checked the install, deleted all of the space y expanded and space y lifters + reinstalled with fresh downloaded data.

also i deleted the mm cache. at the moment i cant find the problem. 7.5m fairings are displayed and i can use them. any ideas?

mods used are a bunch of part mods like kwr, kspi, nf, rt2. and im using community tech tree

16 minutes ago, Deathbite said:

First of all: thank you for this great mod. i love building big stuff :)

at the momemt i have a small problem. none of the 7.5m engines and tanks can be found in vab or in the r&d. i allready checked the install, deleted all of the space y expanded and space y lifters + reinstalled with fresh downloaded data.

also i deleted the mm cache. at the moment i cant find the problem. 7.5m fairings are displayed and i can use them. any ideas?

mods used are a bunch of part mods like kwr, kspi, nf, rt2. and im using community tech tree

Did you grab today's updates for SpaceY Lifters? I made a small change to the Gigantic Rocketry configuration, but if you're using CTT you shouldn't notice a change at all there. Can you double check that your tech nodes are still unlocked in your save game?

so embarressing:rolleyes: its all hidden between the the b9 stuff in experimental :rolleyes: sorry to bother you... damn. fisrt entry in the forum and boom dipexcrements -.- still a great mod. ever considered 10m parts?

again sorry for bothering you wie something that stupid. i wish you a nice evening!

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance we could see 10 meter and 15 meter behemoth rockets in this pack any time soon?

I'd mostly just use them for fuel tankers, fueling stations, and ultra-heavy lifters.

Edited by Ruedii

15 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Any chance we could see 10 meter and 15 meter behemoth rockets in this pack any time soon?

I'd mostly just use them for fuel tankers, fueling stations, and ultra-heavy lifters.

It's possible. I haven't decided how to handle it yet. Some folks really want it, and others consider it to be excessive. One idea is to make it a fairly small selection of parts. Adapter, a couple of fuel tanks, and an engine cluster. Maybe something like that.

14 hours ago, NecroBones said:

It's possible. I haven't decided how to handle it yet. Some folks really want it, and others consider it to be excessive. One idea is to make it a fairly small selection of parts. Adapter, a couple of fuel tanks, and an engine cluster. Maybe something like that.

I was thinking along the same thing.

Probably just fuel tanks (including monoprop), couplers, adapters engine mount plates, and a cargo bay.

For docking a Docking port adapter plate could be made, which simply is a nice little shim with both navlights and spotlights to fit around a smaller docking port. 

Any pre-made engine cluster should use existing assets and pretty much just be to save on part count.  You probably just poll people on their favorite combinations after the release.  You may want to do the same to reduce the number of pre-made engine cluster in the existing packs as well.

Additionally, above 5m should really be controlled by RCS, as reaction wheels don't do well with extremely long rockets, which is the whole point of going to such wide widths. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Does it support RO or no? if no can you please make it because i am missing this amazing mod

That's something you should be asking on the RO side.  I don't think so though.

Updated:

1.1.11 (2016-08-01) - Tweaks.
 - Icon-only shroud added to fairing base, for easy identification in menu.
 - Removed RemoteTech modules from probe core (now handled by patch in SpaceY-Lifters).
 - Added a compatibility exclusion for HPTechTree.

• 1 month later...

Hi I've been a lurker here for the past three year, but recently I've started having a problem, I can't see the images on page one of this thread, I'm having the same problem with the ones in Nertea's near future technology mod, is/has anyone else had this problem?

5 hours ago, Zorathex said:

Hi I've been a lurker here for the past three year, but recently I've started having a problem, I can't see the images on page one of this thread, I'm having the same problem with the ones in Nertea's near future technology mod, is/has anyone else had this problem?

Imgur changed the way it handles albums of pictures, so now the forum doesn't allow for them to be embedded.  Old imgur albums put into a post before the change, and not edited since the change, will still show, but they may be truncated in a way that a portion of the mage isn't visible.  For any old post with an album that gets edited (such as OPs for mods), the album then goes away.  Not much to do at this point, unfortunately. :(

• 2 weeks later...

By popular request, and because it simply has to happen, some SpaceX BFR/MCT/ITS inspired thrust plates are on the way. This is necessitating 10m parts to be added.

EDIT: Both of these thrust plates are 10m diameter, with shrouds to be usable as upper stages, optionally. The shrouds are long enough to use NERVs.

37 and 43 slot adapter layouts and test screenshots:

MFljPYV.jpg

oIder7w.jpg

KSP%202016-10-04%2015-40-47-20.jpg

KSP%202016-10-05%2009-46-33-14.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.