Space Shuttle Pack Addons page

Mike-NZ

What would you like to see cometed first?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see cometed first?

• Space shuttle and related core components for stock ksp
    • Realism overhaul and FAR compatibility
    • Shuttle payloads
    • Real life vehicles
    • X craft and prototype/future/canceled ideas

Alright here is my first rocket proposal

The STK Rocket family (tsSKB Progress Super heavy Launch Vehicle)

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/rockets/stk/family_1.jpg

Manned|Cargo

payload 85 Tons 130T 165T 180T 85T 130T 190T (all on order of the rockets showed above)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Manned Rocket is meant to carry the PPTS

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/spacecraft/ppts/ptknp_2009_leo_sunrise_1.jpg

All other launch vehicles are meant to carry Space Station parts into LEO(LKO)

or into mars/Duna orbit

:D

Pretty cool

- - - Updated - - -

It's cool, you working on their Apollo program? In any case, I would like to use your LRV for my addon. I'll wait, great job !!!

Sure thing.

I would like to ask a question, how do I attach the space shuttle to the crawler so that it can be used for launch? I cant seem to figure out how to set it up. If anyone could let me know this I was appreciate it.

The floating attach node is a decoupler. It goes to node between engines on shuttle

- - - Updated - - -

where can I download the x-15, astrovan, x37b?

X15 not 100% ready for download. Triston has x37. Astrovan in download page one

This is my personal opinion but I think the XB70 is a little overpowered. I'm pushing 800+ m/s at 5,000 meters. Easiest way to fix this would to possibly lower the thrust on the engines, considering that there are more than 5 on it. Unless it is SUPPOSED to be this way than so be it, this is just my opinion.

I am also running pretty much stock aero, only other mods I have installed are the shuttle pack, ISS pack, KJR, and Kerbal engineer.

Edited by Noname115
Extra information

Ok.

For now you could use less throttle

- - - Updated - - -

I had night off last night so no work done.

With all these new ideas, can we put them into groups in a list? Easier to work with and keep packs seperate.

What kind of seperate addon packs would u suggest? Maybe make new topics in dev thread? Or just keep it in here, then i might make some new lists :)

Not in the download version. I want to put some different code in there first

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of seperate addon packs would u suggest? Maybe make new topics in dev thread? Or just keep it in here, then i might make some new lists :)

I was thinking different catagories.

Payloads.

Russian parts

Russian proposed vehicles

American proposed vehicles

Aircraft

Ground vehicles.

Just to keep things organised

- - - Updated - - -

I have been speaking with DECQ about his Buran. It will be completely independent of ssp and its addon packs. However, if he wants to make buran compatible with our payloads, it's his perogative. I will not argue so long as our payloads do not show up in his pack other than a link.

I would like to see them compatible with his buran. I will have to make them look better first tho...

- - - Updated - - -

Alright here is my first rocket proposal

The STK Rocket family (tsSKB Progress Super heavy Launch Vehicle)

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/rockets/stk/family_1.jpg

Manned|Cargo

payload 85 Tons 130T 165T 180T 85T 130T 190T (all on order of the rockets showed above)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Manned Rocket is meant to carry the PPTS

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/spacecraft/ppts/ptknp_2009_leo_sunrise_1.jpg

All other launch vehicles are meant to carry Space Station parts into LEO(LKO)

or into mars/Duna orbit

:D

Any of this been done before in ksp?

- - - Updated - - -

Payloads.

Russian parts

Aircraft

Ground vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see them compatible with his buran. I will have to make them look better first tho...

- - - Updated - - -

Categories are great!

No the tsSKB progress has not been done before

- - - Updated - - -

Payloads.

Russian parts

Aircraft

Ground vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the X Craft are From Orbital ATK so maybe different pack for those ? I will come up with a list of which belongs where ;)

Sounds like a neat idea. Could be fun to have an inter-planetary shuttle, deploying satellites in Laythe orbit. On a side note, do you think KSP 1.1 will break SSP? Do you think Unity 5 will cause mods to be incompatible? I am unaware if Squad has said anything about this, I am just worried 60% of all mods breaking on release day.

Sounds like a neat idea. Could be fun to have an inter-planetary shuttle, deploying satellites in Laythe orbit. On a side note, do you think KSP 1.1 will break SSP? Do you think Unity 5 will cause mods to be incompatible? I am unaware if Squad has said anything about this, I am just worried 60% of all mods breaking on release day.

You can guarantee on the day I would be ready, I may now run the shuttle and larger parts through unity 5 3d editor now in preporation, and do some reading.

Hoping its not too bad. At worst it will be like how it was when I took over months ago. But now I know alot more than I did, which was nothing back then haha

I have an idea (oh no...)

What about a payload item

That...

Enables FTL or warp drive of some sort...

Would be a fun scifi addon for taking the shuttle way beyond.

I'll leave you to do what you will with that as a sort of pet project (like what i am doing in ksp itself for triston)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.