Space Shuttle Pack Addons page

Mike-NZ

What would you like to see cometed first?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see cometed first?

• Space shuttle and related core components for stock ksp
    • Realism overhaul and FAR compatibility
    • Shuttle payloads
    • Real life vehicles
    • X craft and prototype/future/canceled ideas

PM please or thread close

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact mike- each mms satellite was named after each of the Beatles.

never knew I would learn so much as I do on these forums and through related research.

check this:

Both the shape and size of the X-38 were different from that of the Space Shuttle. The Crew Return Vehicle would have fit into the payload bay of the shuttle. This does not, however, mean that it would have been small. The X-38 weighed 10,660 kg and was 9.1 meters long. The battery system, lasting nine hours, was to be used for power and life support. If the Crew Return Vehicle was needed, it would only take two to three hours for it to reach Earth.

a0AVjGu.png

dock to ISS!

- - - Updated - - -

return crew/escape pod

PM please or thread close

- - - Updated - - -

never knew I would learn so much as I do on these forums and through related research.

check this:

Both the shape and size of the X-38 were different from that of the Space Shuttle. The Crew Return Vehicle would have fit into the payload bay of the shuttle. This does not, however, mean that it would have been small. The X-38 weighed 10,660 kg and was 9.1 meters long. The battery system, lasting nine hours, was to be used for power and life support. If the Crew Return Vehicle was needed, it would only take two to three hours for it to reach Earth.

http://i.imgur.com/a0AVjGu.png

dock to ISS!

- - - Updated - - -

return crew/escape pod

Awesome!!

check this:

Both the shape and size of the X-38 were different from that of the Space Shuttle. The Crew Return Vehicle would have fit into the payload bay of the shuttle.

For a good example of this, look at the pilot episode of Farscape. The Farscape module (essentially an upgraded X-38) is launched from a shuttle in orbit. Very cool show. If you get the chance, I'd love to see an X-38 Farscape configuration.

We hope to have the shuttle mod up and running once again in time. With a simple layout, controlled mature environment with a basic set of rules for posting.

Any issues arising will mean that person will be contacted via PM to resolve any issues and will not be responded to on the forum.

I have someone specifically to handle this along with myself to keep things smooth.

I am guilty of immaturity myself and caused issues no doubt. But this mod is my passion and only want to see it pregress at its own pace.

Many people enjoy the SSP and with the way things were it was causing confusion and chaos for different reasons.

But for this to continue, moderators are looking into the issues and determining its continuation.

If you have questions I will answer what I can via PM, otherwise I hope to see you all in the new thread to have a good time and enjoy the expansion of the SSP!

I am thankfull and moved by the long and suoportive emails from people here that are wishing me well. Real sense of pride. Im glad I have been able to do the work I have done for you all and I only hope it is not too late to take back the mod and continue to make this better than ever.

Thank you all.

Mike

due to the space shuttle page being closed for some odd reason, I figured I can ask a question here.

anybody know the proper orbit altitude for the shuttle? settings for mechjeb? I thought 150km was good enough but i ran out of fuel by 100km.

hello.

in real life an orbit would be 400km but for ksp I would run any station you have at maybe 125km for 2 reasons.

one speed faster timewarp than if you were at 100km

and so multiple trips to orbit would work out less distance travelled.

once we have a page up and running we can increase fuel levels for the next version if required.

thanks

what about this:

ZGppHaW.png43fYy33.png

- - - Updated - - -

still got another full night of work to finish this off.

x38 is just needing its rear landing gear now

- - - Updated - - -

wing pylons are decouplers and can be surface attached to any wings or to 747

- - - Updated - - -

got the aero right on my first try wooo. im getting better at it

what about this:

http://i.imgur.com/ZGppHaW.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/43fYy33.png

- - - Updated - - -

still got another full night of work to finish this off.

x38 is just needing its rear landing gear now

- - - Updated - - -

wing pylons are decouplers and can be surface attached to any wings or to 747

- - - Updated - - -

got the aero right on my first try wooo. im getting better at it

I don't know what to say to that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.