[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Yeah, I'd appreciate it if you got rid of mumechlib.dll dependency. It's old and no longer supported, there's a new MechJeb out and the old plugin is outdated.

I'm having some issues with the old mumechlib.dll file. If I install it 90% of my parts disappear, including all the DSL Pandora parts.
Yeah, I'd appreciate it if you got rid of mumechlib.dll dependency. It's old and no longer supported, there's a new MechJeb out and the old plugin is outdated.

If you encountered issues with the old MechJeb plugin, try DRobotics plugins instead: http://tinyurl.com/DRobotics

It seems to be compatible with MechJeb2.

Tell me if it's solved the issue.

DSL loads fine for me and I have the new mumech and MJ2 installed. Files in the wrong place?

I've had errors like this seem to occur when you have renamed directories/folder names or have plugins in the wrong place or redundancies.

Yogui, what is the scale of your Probes actually? Especially the Thor lander? BC I was trying to launch it with BossSquirrelz's Delta II, which is 64% scale, and it didn't fit...

DSL loads fine for me and I have the new mumech and MJ2 installed. Files in the wrong place?

I've had errors like this seem to occur when you have renamed directories/folder names or have plugins in the wrong place or redundancies.

I can't seem to find the "new" mumech anywhere online, besides the new Damned Robotics version.

Yeah, and DSL Pandora doesn't actually fit into the Atlas V payload fairing. It's annoying.

Yea, all 3 ULA rockets have 64% scale, same as ISS. Just tell us what is the scale of this, everyone will be able to easily calculate new rescaleFactor themselves than.

Edited by m4ti140

Yogui, what is the scale of your Probes actually? Especially the Thor lander? BC I was trying to launch it with BossSquirrelz's Delta II, which is 64% scale, and it didn't fit...
Yeah, and DSL Pandora doesn't actually fit into the Atlas V payload fairing. It's annoying.

Yes, we MUST know! Lol... :3

I just figured out the historical packs fairings, wow they are confusing, can you make them simpler In the next update?

What is confusing? Just stack the fairing to the upper node of the last stage of each rocket. Can you explain me more your difficulties.

rescaleFactor = 0.75 worked for me

My probes and rovers aren't really scaled. They were made without using any mesurements so I can't tell you what scale they are. You have to see by yourself by try and error to rescale them. Ipam seems to say that 0.75 is a good rescale factor. I'll try to scale these mods in a later update to fit them with 0.64 scale.

rescaleFactor = 0.75 worked for me

rescaleFactor = 0.75 on which parts? BC all the parts in Thor lander already have some rescaleFactor - some have 0.85, some have 0.8 and one part has ~0.5, so if one is 0.75 the remaining would need to be calculated from that.

rescaleFactor = 0.75 on which parts? BC all the parts in Thor lander already have some rescaleFactor - some have 0.85, some have 0.8 and one part has ~0.5, so if one is 0.75 the remaining would need to be calculated from that.

Sorry, it was just the Curiosity Rover that i rescaled.

Sorry, it was just the Curiosity Rover that i rescaled.

Ok, NVM, I'm gonna try to find proper rescale factor for this to match Delta II, and post it here. The diameter of capsule just has to be equal or slightly lower than the diameter of Delta II second stage fairing base.

Also are you planning to add the transit stage to this one (that one with butterfly-alike solar panels), Yogui, or you're finnished with probes for now?

Thinking back the 0.75 rescale factor may not work properly. I use the KW 2.5 expanded fairings with the Atlas V instead of the "5" meter fairings that come with the mod as I prefer the looks of them. Also I can't test the rover with the "5" meter fairings that come with the mod because I deleted them...

Sorry for the faff incase it doesnt work.

Ok, NVM, I'm gonna try to find proper rescale factor for this to match Delta II, and post it here. The diameter of capsule just has to be equal or slightly lower than the diameter of Delta II second stage fairing base.

Also are you planning to add the transit stage to this one (that one with butterfly-alike solar panels), Yogui, or you're finnished with probes for now?

I asked and he said he would add the cruise stage once he 'updates' all probes. I assume he means when he releases an official probe pack. I trust Yogui will revamp the scaling as well. I know some modders don't like the 64% unofficial standard but I think it's necessary when we have situations like these.

Reason I'd wait for Yogui on the rescale is sometimes nodes/textures get messed up which he would have to fix.

Edited by Good_Apollo

I asked and he said he would add the cruise stage once he 'updates' all probes. I assume he means when he releases an official probe pack. I trust Yogui will revamp the scaling as well. I know some modders don't like the 64% unofficial standard but I think it's necessary when we have situations like these.

Reason I'd wait for Yogui on the rescale is sometimes nodes/textures get messed up which he would have to fix.

The nodes go with the scale iirc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.