Looking for astronaut names

Shark4558

I've been trying to create a name for astronauts for a story that I have in mind, but the game does not help with the names given, and also the only names that I liked, are from astronauts of the long-term laythe mission by brotoro but I do not want to copy those names, so somebody can suggest me some names? I need seven names.

thanks for the link, it seems useful, but even so, I should think through the personality of the astronauts, it never hurts to think about all the details in advance, I'll see what I do on this.thanks for helping!

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question: Kurt is a name used very often? in two missions I've seen that name ....

I've been trying to create a name for astronauts for a story that I have in mind, but the game does not help with the names given, and also the only names that I liked, are from astronauts of the long-term laythe mission by brotoro but I do not want to copy those names, so somebody can suggest me some names? I need seven names.

Roger Kerman - We have clearance, Clarence.

Clarence Kerman - Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Victor Kerman - ?

In homage to the movie Airplane http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/quotes (called Flying High here in Australia) I use these 3 as my second crew.

KSP seems to use a random generator based on the name as a seed to assign a specialization, and these three conveniently work out to be one of each - from memory they are...

Victor Kerman - Pilot

Clarence Kerman - Engineer

Roger Kerman - Scientist

How about:

1 Konstantin (Tsiolkovsky) - of rocket equation fame

2 Sergei (Korolev) - rocket designer

3 Laika (no surname as far as I know) - first dog in space

4 Yuri (Gagarin) - first man in space

5 Valentina (Tereshkova) - first woman in space, in case anyone had failed to notice ^^

6 Alexey (Leonov)- first spacewalk

7 Valeri (Polyakov) - longest mission

I recently asked for "volunteer" astronauts on one of the major KSP facebook groups and I had literally dozens of sign ups within the hour!

I renamed the majority of my Career crew to the volunteers and this gave me enough motivation to reactivate my career save and do nice things in it :)

Pretty much everyone except for the fantastic four stock Kerbals (Jeb Bill Bob Val) are going to be renamed to custom ones. Pity we can't change profession separately from the name.. (Jobs are assigned by the hash of the name).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.