Water on Mars! quick add some to Duna!

Brainlord Mesomorph

I watched the announcement live on NASA channel. A few things stuck with me. First the press did not ask near as pointless of questions as I expected. Second I finally heard twice mentioned that we know there has been life on Mars because we sent it there (on our missions) and from meteorites that came from earth. Whether it can survive is another story. Final thought was I need a CRISM satellite mod! Then there needs to be a water resource ISRU mod. (They probably exist and I just don't know it)

Well, this evidence is water that flowed a few days ago. Major difference

This is the best evidence so far that water is exposed to the surface for very short periods of time.

Each new proof is better than the last.

I can't wait until they actually photograph water when it is flowing and publish: Evidence discovered of water on Mars.

For those that keep saying this is old news, try reading the articles. This is active flowing water, in a liquid state, not evidence of ancient water, or water trapped in ice, or subsurface water, but Liquid Water currently on the surface.

I would venture this may shift a few priorities at NASA. Might get another rover over by some of those flows to test for life.

For those that keep saying this is old news, try reading the articles. This is active flowing water, in a liquid state, not evidence of ancient water, or water trapped in ice, or subsurface water, but Liquid Water currently on the surface.

I would venture this may shift a few priorities at NASA. Might get another rover over by some of those flows to test for life.

At best it is seeping salty brines... and so salty, that its unlikely any life can make use of it due to physical limits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_activity

With a water activity of less than 0.5... it seems no life on Earth could live there.

We have sterile regions of desert in the atacama desert, right here on Earth, so there is selection for life that could tolerate low water activities on Earth.

No life has shown itself up to the challenge yet.

Although thats a good thing for contamination concerns if we do send something there.

I'd like to see water, just because there are canyons, there is ice, there is an atmospheric pressure well above the triple point of water, and the temperature at the equator of Duna is above freezing.

Right now we have

Kerbin- mostly ocean, lots of land,

Eve- mostly land, lots of ocean

Laythe- Almost completely ocean, small and scattered land

Id like to see Duna- Almost completely Land, a few small scattered ponds.

Something more similar to Barsoom of fiction, and not mars of reality.

can we add matt damon to duna too? it would be nice to see him there as an easter egg for "The Martian"

Okay, gonna Derail this thread but I wanna know what the heck the KPO mod is.

- - - Updated - - -

can we add matt damon to duna too? it would be nice to see him there as an easter egg for "The Martian"

Okay, gonna Derail this thread but I wanna know what the heck the KPO mod is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.