Microsoft Flight Sim X?

A35K

I used to be obsessed with FS2004. I had an uncountable number of add-ons and modifications. Photorealistic scenerys, airports and air traffic for massive swathes of the globe which I navigated using actual aircharts. I had notebooks with airport details and the frequency of navaids and ILS listed in them for me to referece. I attended the flight sim conventions in Blackpool.

The best two aircraft models imo were the Nick Piper HS.748 and Dave Maltby BAC One-Eleven. The One-Eleven I used on a massive several months voyage around the world visiting different countries almost every flight.

The thing is it was taking up too much of my time. I was getting older and FS simply wasn't benefitting me in anyway. I gave up and in subsequent computer upgrades never installed it again.

I have dabbled with MSFS for good while now. I think FS95 was the first version I bought. Before that there was numerous other flight sims going all the way back to Psion's Flight Simulation on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum.

These days I don't spend much time with FSX, mainly because I fly for a living now. Last year I flew a trip into Queenstown, New Zealand. The scenery was so breathtaking that I purchased the ORBX scenery for New Zealand's South Island and the Queenstown airport addon. It' an outstanding representation of the actual place...

AAIrLFA.jpg

5utfFQT.jpg

C1EY3sg.jpg

Rioj9MN.jpg

pwwLnFd.jpg

I'm and old guy, use to be a pilot, I have had about every flightsim there has been, and on a number of different computers. I even had one for the old TRS-80 and an Ultralight sim for the Color Computer. I currently have X-Plane installed, but I only fly GA aircraft and the Piper Cub is one I fly a lot.

I'm right there with you, friend. In X-Plane, I've been flying Heinz Planes' Beech 18 all over Italy. They had his whole collection on sale one day for $20, and I'm glad I couldn't resist. There's a Piper Tri-Pacer in there that's a real joy to fly, too! But ever since I read the reviews, this glider's been calling to me. I never tried gliders IRL, and have often regretted that.

I'm right there with you, friend. In X-Plane, I've been flying Heinz Planes' Beech 18 all over Italy. They had his whole collection on sale one day for $20, and I'm glad I couldn't resist. There's a Piper Tri-Pacer in there that's a real joy to fly, too! But ever since I read the reviews, this glider's been calling to me. I never tried gliders IRL, and have often regretted that.

Is the Heinz DC-3 any good (I'm assuming you've flown it at least once since you bought the complete pack)? I've been thinking about getting the X-Aviation/Leading Edge Simulations one but that costs nearly three times as much as the Heinz one. Can't decide which one to get... The virtual cockpit in the LES one certainly looks much nicer and I think the exterior model is also a bit more detailed, but I don't know if it's worth the extra price.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

I honestly like most of the planes in the game. As with KSP, I'm not a huge fan of mods or whatever, I usually stick to the stock in-game stuff, but yeah I have the big version with the acceleration expansion.

As far as records, I'm not really one to try to do anything really extreme, but I enjoy trying to do legit flights and also just messing around as well. I like going in small planes like the small Cesna and just pretend I suddenly got rich and got myself my dream toy lol. I usually just takeoff from the CYRQ airport in Trois-Rivieres, Qc, Canada (I actually work at that airport for an aircraft overhaul center), and get to CYUL (Montreal) airport as I was born in montreal and I'm going there all the time. Its definately faster to fly there than it is to drive there XD.

I also like climbing in big airliners (anyone... depends on my mood), and do actual short flights from like Montreal to New York or something like that.

I also love taking that F18 (I think its a F18? Its been a while I haven't payed) and land on the carriers. I got pretty good at it back in the days, I'm sure if I was going to try it out again it would end terribly XD

Here's something interesting you can do in game. Have you ever been annoyed at 'Orbit Airlines' that they don't fulfill their name? Well, all you have to do is go to world>map in the ingame menu, and then in the 'altitude' box select an altitude that would be in space, click ok, and you're in space! You could try setting your speed to orbital velocity as well, but I'm not sure if the game will take it that well...

Here's something interesting you can do in game. Have you ever been annoyed at 'Orbit Airlines' that they don't fulfill their name? Well, all you have to do is go to world>map in the ingame menu, and then in the 'altitude' box select an altitude that would be in space, click ok, and you're in space! You could try setting your speed to orbital velocity as well, but I'm not sure if the game will take it that well...

The AlphaSim CH-53 was capable of flying into space due to a design bug that created negative drag during pitchovers.

Best,

-Slashy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.