[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, drekerb42 said:

Cobalt, shall I create a makeshift Apollo creation for you? Or any parts I can attempt to make?

Prolly not. I've figured out its a real pain in the *** to work with other people's stuff. Everyone models with different techniques, which means it'd have to be UV unwrapped differently, etc. If you're interested in modding I encourage you to start your own project. Just keep the scope manageable.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:43 PM, VenomousRequiem said:

As in the Titan engines? In the dev update?

Edit- Removed RealPlumes to test this, and it seems everything is in order. Maybe it's some kind of weird bug..? I really haven't a clue.

with the recent update, with the plumes update (0.09a), the flame effects came back. no clue...

1 hour ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

What kind of voo-doo magic do you use? With math (Solid Fuel/Consumption) I get a totally different number than just timing the burn with a stopwatch on the SRBs. Am I doing something wrong, or is there some real voo-doo going on here.

There's no voodoo. Are timing with a handheld stopwatch? You have to use the game clock. A second in the simulation isn't necessarily a second in the real world.

Not sure if it has been brought up before but could we get an attachment node on the bottom of the the Prometheus-I-640 or Prometheus-II-675 so we could eventually recreate the Saturn A-1 or the Super-Jupiter? Also it would add all around utility. After all, in KSP, a first stage is just the second stage of an even bigger rocket!

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

12 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Not sure if it has been brought up before but could we get an attachment node on the bottom of the the Prometheus-I-640 or Prometheus-II-675 so we could eventually recreate the Saturn A-1 or the Super-Jupiter? Also it would add all around utility. After all, in KSP, a first stage is just the second stage of an even bigger rocket!

Big rockets scare me, but... I could but I'd have to... idk, reuse the fairing base from the LR-91s.

EDIT: Also, on the topic of... timing SRM burns... why would you do that? :P I don't plan that when I make the parts. I was just worried about keeping them balanced.

Edited by CobaltWolf

48 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Big rockets scare me, but... I could but I'd have to... idk, reuse the fairing base from the LR-91s.

EDIT: Also, on the topic of... timing SRM burns... why would you do that? :P I don't plan that when I make the parts. I was just worried about keeping them balanced.

I'm assuming he want's to light the main engine a few seconds before the boosters burn out. That's the Titan that works that way, isn't it? A sophisticated rocket builder might use something like the timer in Smart Parts to automate that. Funny you bring it up, I'm in the middle of playing with stretching the GEM 40's to burn 60 seconds. 30 is a little quick for my taste.

Bottom attachment nodes on the engines are needed for the Redstone style launch clamps too.

Just now, Foxxonius Augustus said:

For what its worth I just spent all night constructing every version of Titan ever proposed... and every Thor... and I think I have Juno I kicking around here somewhere... I'll post a DL soon... Man this mod got good!

It got good indeed!

2 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Hi Cobalt are you going to stream tonight ? :P

Planning on it, Trying to continue work on engines and launch clamps. Failing that I'm planning on UV unwrapping either Juno or Diamant parts. I have to go run errands at 5 so hopefully I'll be able to start at the normal time (6 PM EST).