[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.14.0 "металл" 30/Sep/2024)

CobaltWolf

Oh? Are there still parts that don't scale? I admit I don't test the releases much - I'm impatient and usually just want to get back to working on the next update. If anything is very out of line with stock balancing let me know. I haven't started the game up to actually play since August. I was planning on waiting until 1.1 and just cranking out parts in the meantime.

[quote name='davidy12']Apparently, it still works 1.0.4. :D SCORE!!! And thanks for the RP engines Venom!

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

PS: may I ask, what's next?[/QUOTE]

Agena, Mercury, things like that.
If you like it, shoot me some rep!

[SIZE=1]I'll beat you one day, Beale...[/SIZE]

Can't wait to see a good Agena/Target Vehicle.

PS: Venom, you might wanna look at the Brun 14 Alpha's plume.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It's off a bit.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Also, you forgot the Vanguard's lower stage plume.

[quote name='davidy12']Can't wait to see a good Agena/Target Vehicle.

PS: Venom, you might wanna look at the Brun 14 Alpha's plume.

It's off a bit.

Also, you forgot the Vanguard's lower stage plume.[/QUOTE]

Mhm... mhm...

[quote name='VenomousRequiem']I'll just kinda update them as I go[/QUOTE]

WIP, bro. I'll get to it. :P

Weekends I typically try to spend some time with my girlfriend, so uh... I don't usually work during that period. You'll get your blood-money plumes. Edited by VenomousRequiem

[quote name='CobaltWolf']Wasn't necessarily planning on doing ATV, just Agena.[/QUOTE]

An Agena would be really sweet. It would definitely make my [URL="http://imgur.com/a/aia56"]Mariner 2 recreation[/URL] look a lot cooler!

Any plans for a Titan II in the future?

[quote name='BMot360']An Agena would be really sweet. It would definitely make my [URL="http://imgur.com/a/aia56"]Mariner 2 recreation[/URL] look a lot cooler!

Any plans for a Titan II in the future?[/QUOTE]

I have vague plans to do a Titan at some point. In the meantime [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/135648-CONTARES-1-5-3-addon-for-Tantares-and-TantaresLV"]CONTARES[/URL] has one that is the right scale to work with the Inon/Centaur.

EDIT: To clarify a bit, I feel as if I'm somewhat obligated to finish Mercury and Agena. Mercury because PassingLurker very kindly donated his Bloeting mod to me and I want to finish it, and the Agena because I've been promising it for a while and it's fairly essential / important.

OTOH, I also want to get started on the probe expansion. I've been itching to make a number of things. But they're a fair bit more complicated than launcher parts. So there's that. Edited by CobaltWolf

[quote name='davidy12']I agree, I love to see some probe parts. Specifically the pioneer, ranger, vanguard, and surveyor.[/QUOTE]

Link me pictures of stuff you want - I need reference. I most likely won't do Vanguard - we already have Explorer for an early simple / small probe.

[quote name='davidy12']Just look at Raidernick's probe pack. And use that for reference and add your own Kerbal feel.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't particularly help. :P Raidernick's pack doesn't have a ton of variety - most of the probes are somewhat same-y looking (any probe made after, say, Apollo just kind of has that dark grey / gold foil look, and their design is pretty similar) and they mostly focus on later probes. Meanwhile, of the probes there that are of interest to us, say, Vanguard, Pioneer, we run into the same issue as we had with Explorer: The probe would be too small and too oddly shaped to be used in a wide range of capacities.

I've been wishy washy on doing a version of the Ranger probe bus, seeing as Lack already has a fantastic one. But, hey, I already made Vanguard. Plus I'm sure there are some people *cough*venom*cough* that can't use SXT because they deleted their stock parts. Plus that way it can be placed earlier in the tech tree. And then people would be able to make a proper Mariner 2.

Surveyor is cool but I don't think I would stick with too close to the design. Edited by CobaltWolf

[quote name='davidy12']Yeah, I think its Tantares. Does it look like a Hex probe with a strut section around it?[/QUOTE]

... Yes that's what the Ranger probe bus looks like xD I'm pretty sure I had it in RP-0 though without Tantares installed.

... It's in SXT.

"HECS-Ranger Advanced Probe [1.25m to 2.5m Large Probe]"

EDIT: Also, hey, we make it to 50 pages and 2500 downloads!

EDIT2: Banged out a probe core I've been wanting for a while. Still working on the textures. Inspired by Venera 1 and Pioneer 5.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ctzywlL.png[/IMG] Edited by CobaltWolf

And here's two more solar panels for ya. One is based on the solar paddles on Pioneer 5 and Explorer 6, the other based on some of the Ranger series of impactors. Thanks to Beale for his solar panel texture which I've shamelessly used instead of trying to make my own.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ouHpwBj.png[/IMG]

Hey guys! I was able to devote a couple hours tonight to making a couple new probe parts. The first is (finally) finishing up a part I started working on back in September, the engine module from a Lunar Orbiter probe. It is basically a tiny self contained propulsion section for probes - fuel, a small mono engine, and 4 RCS thrusters to keep two-axis control. To demonstrate, I launched a probe into lunar orbit aboard a custom launcher.

[imgur]Ejke2[/imgur]

The second thing, I know a lot of people want RCS thrusters that can also be used for some manuevers here or there. So I made a 3-way corner RCS, for use with cubesats or really anything. There are two flavors - normal, and one with an enlarged bottom thruster. This second one has an overdrive feature on the bottom thruster. Controlled via the throttle, it still functions as an RCS thruster. To demonstrate, I launched a weather satellite into high orbit over Kerbin. The thing on top is a DMagic GOREsat module. Apologies for the night launch.

[imgur]1gbtm[/imgur]

Dev release is available [URL="http://www./download/e9n12x99v1g86mf/Bluedog_DB_Dev_24_11_2015.zip"]HERE[/URL]. Please keep in mind I have a wide variety of parts planned for this release so it will be a while before release. My finals start the week after Thanksgiving and I'm interviewing for internships starting next week. I'm avoiding working on anything big (Mercury, etc) until then. Cheers!