[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.14.0 "металл" 30/Sep/2024)

CobaltWolf

Ah! That's what I forgot. Yes, Thor + Able / Ablestar is planned. I think Venom was planning on designing the upper stages..?

EDIT: Not that the rockets are asymmetrical, just that I don't particularly care for the look of their SRBs. :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

http://i.imgur.com/iNuWED6.png

Getting real excited. Stream in two hours - I'm going to finish the textures and make the verniers and decouplers. Can anyone else think of something we'd need?

Erm...

Retro Pack for deorbiting the Mk1 pod?

I usually make one using an empty Oscar B Tank and Three Snub'O'Trons from Ven's stock revamp but it would be nice to have one from the start.

Or a simple launch clamp?

Heck, I just can't wait to fly it...there are only so many Redstones a man can launch :)

Edited by Kalidor

Erm...

Retro Pack for deorbiting the Mk1 pod?

I usually make one using an empty Oscar B Tank and Three Snub'O'Trons from Ven's stock revamp but it would be nice to have one from the start.

Or a simple launch clamp?

Heck, I just can't wait to fly it...there are only so many Redstones a man can launch :)

Didn't you read his announcement about Bloeting? That'll come eventually! Hang in there with us!

Yes, short of a miracle there won't be any Mercury parts in the update. I more meant was there anything that would be desperately needed for a 1.875m rocket? I asked because it occurred to me only today that I'd need a decoupler for it.

Oh, on the topic of Redstone, I took five from working on Atlas today to rough out a tank for it. Not going to be in the update, etc, etc but it's happening.

RE: future rockets, me and Venom have been looking into sizing for more rockets. It's looking like:

Redstone - 1.25m

Atlas - 1.875m

Vanguard - .9375m first stage

Able - .625m (Able is also the vanguard second stage) (Able would include a .625m > .9375m fairing base. Build those early sats small :P)

Ablestar - 1.25m > .9375m > 1.25m

Agena - 1.25m

Thor/Delta - 1.5625m? (half between 1.25m and 1.875m)

Thor/Delta is really stupid to size. It belongs between Redstone and Atlas, but there aren't any size classes there that fit. The plus side is there are other things that work for that size, like the Mercury MOL and some other stuff.

Didn't you read his announcement about Bloeting? That'll come eventually! Hang in there with us!

Yes I read the announcement...I'm an avid follower of this mod.

I didn't know he meant 1.875 parts :(

Looking forward to this release nonetheless.

Attention doctor bread we've gotta 1.5 and a 1.5625 down here. We need an expert (mesh) surgeon immediately.

Just curious, though, do you think you may finish this early? (earlier than nov 10)

Goal is release tomorrow morning. Possibly tonight but don't get your hopes up.

Yes I read the announcement...I'm an avid follower of this mod.

I didn't know he meant 1.875 parts :(

Looking forward to this release nonetheless.

wait wut. What 1.875m parts?

This release is going to be everything for Atlas 1/2 and parts for Centaur.

... I more meant was there anything that would be desperately needed for a 1.875m rocket? I asked because it occurred to me only today that I'd need a decoupler for it.

What you said... :confused:

On the subject of smaller rockets like Able...small fairings have a nasty habit of exploding for no reason when I try and use them... :rolleyes:

Edited by Kalidor

Good stream so far.

PS: you are going to have to really edit the Bloeting retro pack. IT IS OVERPOWERED. I got to the Mun on one burn from orbit. I don't think John Glenn went that far.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: @Venomous. Yep I am watching your every move. And John Glenn's launch on When We Left Earth.

Edited by davidy12

KerbalStuff won't publish the update so have a thing. No pics tonight because I just streamed for 7 hours and feel awful. As always report bugs, etc. I rushed it a bit to try and get it released tonight so there are some rough patches in the art.

0.06 (Atlas!) (5/11/2015)

-Added Atlas launch system!

-Added Centaur upper stage!

Edited by CobaltWolf