Silisko Industries Addon Development - Thread 2

NovaSilisko

It does, though it\'s a bit out of scale now. You can paste

rescaleFactor = 2.5

into all of the part.cfgs to bring it to the right size, though all of the values would need adjusting.

It wouldn\'t be that hard to update the BACE things, it\'d just take a bit of free time and comparing the config files between the new pods and the BACE pods and then manually figuring out where the location of the hatch would be if you don\'t know how to make models (can\'t say I currently do, I don\'t have that kind of time on my hands anymore :\ ).

Either way, I\'m sure if you give it enough time, you\'ll see things incredibly similar to these parts in the vanilla game; it\'s not like Nova has gone away or something.

(Edit: You need a 3d modeling program to add the hatch texture to the BACE models. You can add the new internals to any of the BACE models, but you won\'t be able to exit.)

Great stuff Silisko, although I\'m having an issue with the Probodobodyne kit.

I\'m using it with the ISA MapSat mod, and I found that when i switch between my rocket & the satellite, the satellite starts spinning out of control and sometimes breaks into pieces.

I\'m not sure why.

But I love your mods, and thanks for all the good work you\'re doing.

No. And they probably won\'t be updated, because Silisko is working on squad now. He made the new parts :)

But, well, we may never see these here updated again. :(

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

But I enjoyed the inflatable habitats.....

eh, what the hell; we had a good run with these parts. Maybe Silisko will update them, maybe he won\'t. If he doesn\'t, oh well. if he does, booyah!

[Rant]

I for one don\'t want to see the cannibalized into NovaPunch. No offense to it\'s creators, but this, here, is a cut above what NovaPunch did. That is evident now a Silisko is now working for squad.

Nova should name a successor for this to continue separately until Nova finishes adding parts to KSP. as everyone can see in .16 the game is stuck between the old vanilla, C7, and new Nova parts. The effect is horrible, and ship construction is now much harder, until all the new parts are released. So now is the time where we need as much choice in parts packs as possible.

[/Rant]

I personally don\'t think it needs rescaling, and I\'m sure that Nova posted something about updating these mods, but they still work and new planets are far more important.

Are you sure?

03-29-49_hubble-3d_original.jpg

Also, can I have a source on Nova updating the mods?

Satellites come in many shapes and sizes, from small as a milk crate to as big as a school bus, depending on its purpose. So while I agree that the Probobodyne components should be available at larger sizes, the smaller sized parts are still useful and should remain along side any that are resized.

There aren't any Kerbonauts showing up in my Vanguard shuttle. Any steps to fix this?

Add this after "tweakables" in the part.cfg

// --- internal setup ---

CrewCapacity = 3

INTERNAL

{

name = PodCockpit

}

Slight bump, but if anyone wants to use things from my old packs, feel free to do so, but please credit me in a readme file. They're basically abandonware now.

Edited by NovaSilisko

Hey Nova, I want to say I really like the Silisko Edition II in the little bit that I've played around with it. I've managed to make a few rockets using just those parts but have a few questions and suggestions.

Firstly, I'm trying to figure out the purpose of the 1m to .5m adapter. I understand the .5m Nosecone fits on top of the Spartacus SRB, but I can't think of a reason I would ever need to use the 1m to .5m adapter. Any hints? I guess it might be suitable for the Probobodyne cores and fueltanks, as they are also about the only thing that fit without clipping inside the 1m and 1.5m fairings (even the stock landing legs poke out, but if you use the parts for the Odin lander from NP then you can make it fit).

Secondly, what made you go with 1.5m parts? I think I've heard you roughly quoted as stating you weren't happy with NovaPunch and that's why you stopped working on it, does this have anything to do with why you used 1.5m parts instead of 1.75 which already has some fuel tanks and engines (from NP and KW Rocktry respectively)? In regards to that, do you have any plans to add adapters from 1.5m up to 1.75 or 2m? I've rescaled the 1.75m to 2m adapter (at 1.07 it fits closely enough) from NP to fit my purposes and then have the 1.75m to 2m adapter for another upscale, but it would be nice to have something that fit nicely and was meant for the pack so it worked easily with other mods.

Lastly, landing legs? As stated above, I'm assuming the fairings are meant for probes and things like that since not much else will fit inside them, but a 1m pod will fit as long as you don't build out. The original stock legs mostly fit, but they clip a bit on their feet. Is it possible we could get telescoping legs similar to the new stock ones (albeit smaller to fit on a 1m pod inside the fairings) or sturdier versions of the Odin ones?

Anyway, I enjoy what's in it so far and your aesthetic style, and appreciate your work both on mods and in the stock game. I will say I had to edit the thrusters that have minimum thrust and cannot be shut off entirely, but I understand why you may have configured them that way. It feels like these parts and engines were meant for a specific payload weight to function as intended, i.e. getting out of atmosphere as the tanks run dry in the larger engines that cannot have the throttle cut entirely and using the smaller ones exospherically.

Cheers