[1.1.3] MKS Lite - A lighter, friendlier colonization mod from USI [0.4.4]

RoverDude

I found a bug. When repainting the inflatable storage module when it is inflated it resets the storage limits to the deflated size, and then if you deflate it goes 1/100th of deflated size. it can be reset by deflating and then repainting and then inflating.

example ore/dirt = 3500/700 inflated repainting while inflated sets to 35/7 while inflated .35/.07 deflated.

Pretty sure its buried in the thread somewhere that you need to repaint while deflated.

I found another one. The ReactorPack nukes output DepletedFuel but the MKSL_SupPak has EnrichedUnranium and DepletedUranium. I noticed that MKSV_SupPak has DepletedFuel, but also the FTT reactor outputs DepletedUranium.

I just released version 0.11.0 of OSE Workshop, that is out of the box fully compatible to MKS-L by using only resources that can be found in the community resource pack. At the moment some of the MM patches that try to move from materialKits to RockatParts can cause some trouble.

[quote name='BrutalRIP']Anyone got any idea why the rover logistics is not pulling in any resources it has me stumped i can get a disconnected base working with full mks but not mks-l
[URL]http://i.imgur.com/LIs16XB.jpg[/URL][/QUOTE]

Call me stumped but where is the Rover in the picture?

[quote name='BrutalRIP']Anyone got any idea why the rover logistics is not pulling in any resources it has me stumped i can get a disconnected base working with full mks but not mks-l
[URL]http://i.imgur.com/LIs16XB.jpg[/URL][/QUOTE]

Because you need a MKS part with
[CODE]
MODULE
{
name = USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse
}
[/CODE]
or
[CODE]
MODULE
{
name = ModuleLogisticsConsumer
}
[/CODE]

For holding the need resources, put a sifter or ilm with dirt and you start to get resources Edited by Badsector

[quote name='Diddly Feelerino']I wish the modules could be released making them workable with vanilla KSP; that or running from TAC Life Support resources.

Oh well, a man can dream aye[/QUOTE]

umm, this doesn't even make sense? There is a TAC-LS config already included and the whole thing is licensed [COLOR=#333333]CC 4.0 BY-SA-NC so you can do what you want with the modules basically.[/COLOR]

IDK if it work but try this

MM_logistic.cfg
[CODE]
@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]]:HAS[!MODULE[USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse]]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleLogisticsConsumer]]:FINAL {
MODULE
{
}
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE
[*]]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter]]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]]:HAS[!MODULE[USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse]]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleLogisticsConsumer]]:FINAL {
MODULE
{
}
}
[/CODE] Edited by Badsector

[quote name='goldenpsp']Call me stumped but where is the Rover in the picture?[/QUOTE]

No rover in MKS-L logistics is done through the scout pod according to the wiki

[quote name='Badsector']Because you need a MKS part with
[CODE]
MODULE
{
}
[/CODE]
or
[CODE]
MODULE
{
}
[/CODE]

For holding the need resources, put a sifter or ilm with dirt and you start to get resources[/QUOTE]

im pulling in ore through the sifter its just not being pulled in by the AG module which has both the modules you said even the power distribution isnt working

im going to reinstall all the usi mods and try again

[quote name='JeffreyCor']I wish there was something in between. The simplified resources of MKS-L with the parts of MKS[/QUOTE]

Any simpler, and you might as well not install a life support mod ;)

[url]http://i.imgur.com/LIs16XB.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

Does the scout pod have a pilot in it?

[quote name='Diddly Feelerino']I wish the modules could be released making them workable with vanilla KSP; that or running from TAC Life Support resources.

Oh well, a man can dream aye[/QUOTE]

See below, but as noted, there's a TAC-LS config already included, and not sure what you mean by vanilla...

[quote name='goldenpsp']umm, this doesn't even make sense? There is a TAC-LS config already included and the whole thing is licensed [COLOR=#333333]CC 4.0 BY-SA-NC so you can do what you want with the modules basically.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[quote name='BrutalRIP']No rover in MKS-L logistics is done through the scout pod according to the wiki

im pulling in ore through the sifter its just not being pulled in by the AG module which has both the modules you said even the power distribution isnt working

im going to reinstall all the usi mods and try again[/QUOTE]

You need an engineer on the vessel for power distribution (the one making the power), couplers on all potential power receivers, and a pilot in the Rover.

[quote name='Diddly Feelerino']Wait what? So I can use the modules without these new resources like "dirt" and such? The food module will run like the SETI Greenhouse or so?[/QUOTE]

Ok now I see what you're asking. And you already have a non-closed loop built in for TAC, you just add the ag module and dirt if you want a 100% self sufficient base (conservation of mass and such). Again, if I made this any simpler, you really should not bother with life support ;)

Wait, probably there is some misunderstending

Scout pod work as logistic if have 1 pilot onboard
Logistic work for resources converters, if you have a converter logistic automatically transfer resources need from converters in ilm or kontainers attacked to the converter, logistic don't work only for holding resources.

[quote name='RoverDude']Any simpler, and you might as well not install a life support mod ;)

See below, but as noted, there's a TAC-LS config already included, and not sure what you mean by vanilla...

You need an engineer on the vessel for power distribution (the one making the power), couplers on all potential power receivers, and a pilot in the Rover.

Ok now I see what you're asking. And you already have a non-closed loop built in for TAC, you just add the ag module and dirt if you want a 100% self sufficient base (conservation of mass and such). Again, if I made this any simpler, you really should not bother with life support ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd want the module to create food while drawing in a lot of waste, water, oxygen and some electric charge.

[quote name='RoverDude']

You need an engineer on the vessel for power distribution (the one making the power), couplers on all potential power receivers, and a pilot in the Rover.[/QUOTE]
pilots and engineers in all base parts power couplers on all parts also still no logistics [URL]http://imgur.com/a/ej1nJ[/URL] oh and im using the 64x hack though it seems really stable to me ive crashed once since 1.0.5 Edited by BrutalRIP

[quote name='Diddly Feelerino']I'd want the module to create food while drawing in a lot of waste, water, oxygen and some electric charge.[/QUOTE]

As noted... you already have this :)

[quote name='BrutalRIP']pilots and engineers in all base parts power couplers on all parts also still no logistics [URL]http://imgur.com/a/ej1nJ[/URL] oh and im using the 64x hack though it seems really stable to me ive crashed once since 1.0.5[/QUOTE]

What precisely is not happening? Lets make sure we have the same expectations.

[quote name='RoverDude']
What precisely is not happening? Lets make sure we have the same expectations.[/QUOTE]

well as seen in [URL="http://imgur.com/09oHOCI"]this link[/URL] i have 422 supplies,10 mulch and no fertilizer yet in the [URL="http://imgur.com/UBHGNCZ"]other part of the base[/URL] i have 0 supplies, 0 mulch and 7 fertilizer i thought that the 2 base sections should be sharing these resources via the scout pod??

Sorry, you're still not being specific as to what exactly it is you're expecting to happen.  The Fertilizer will not transfer because there is too little of it, and I have no idea if you have crew in that other base part or not...  

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry, you're still not being specific as to what exactly it is you're expecting to happen.  The Fertilizer will not transfer because there is too little of it, and I have no idea if you have crew in that other base part or not...  

Sorry for not being clear i HAD 3 separate parts to the base all three had 1 5star engineer and 1 5star pilot 

http://imgur.com/09oHOCI

http://imgur.com/UBHGNCZ

yet they would not share ANY resource(ie 1 base section had 422 suppies the other 0) i thought the scout pod with its engineer and pilot should be transffering some of the 422 supply's to the base section with 0, anyway with the forum upgrade stopping me progressing with support i just deleted the base and went for a connected base instead

Thanks

Ok just understand that there are different rules, hence specificity.  For supplies, do you have USI-LS installed?  If so, it should have moved the bits over... but you're also on Kerbin, so it may have bypassed all of that code since supplies are not required on Kerbin.  The Fertilizer transfer I covered above.

18 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Ok just understand that there are different rules, hence specificity.  For supplies, do you have USI-LS installed?  If so, it should have moved the bits over... but you're also on Kerbin, so it may have bypassed all of that code since supplies are not required on Kerbin.  The Fertilizer transfer I covered above.

Yes i have USI-LS and was on kerbin (testing) when i landed another scout pod next to the base the 2 scout pod shared supply's but just not the AG and HAB sections of the base i was trying to have 3 not connected base sections 1 all AG modules and resources and 1 all HAB modules and resources and have them share the resources that the HAB and AG need/produce  by using the scout pod logistics 

Edited by BrutalRIP