Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

@Nhawks17 I had a report in my OPM-VO thread that if my cloud and SVE are installed at the same time, the SVE Cloud Layers do now show but if I remove OPM-VO, the SVE clouds come back. I had tested this and can agree that it is the case. However, if I install KSPRC's EVE configs instead, its Cloud Layers show up fine... which is weird. Why should KSPRC's configs be compatible with OPM-VO when SVE is not?

Are there any fundamental differences between the way KSPRC and SVE are written that would cause incompatibilities between multiple cloud packs being present? I would love to resolve this to allow SVE usage alongside OPM-VO.

P.S. So many acronyms. :(

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

@Nhawks17 I had a report in my OPM-VO thread that if my cloud and SVE are installed at the same time, the SVE Cloud Layers do now show but if I remove OPM-VO, the SVE clouds come back. I had tested this and can agree that it is the case. However, if I install KSPRC's EVE configs instead, its Cloud Layers show up fine... which is weird. Why should KSPRC's configs be compatible with OPM-VO when SVE is not?

Are there any fundamental differences between the way KSPRC and SVE are written that would cause incompatibilities between multiple cloud packs being present? I would love to resolve this to allow SVE usage alongside OPM-VO.

P.S. So many acronyms. :(

Odd. I just tested it myself and everything worked fine with OPM-VO and SVE installed? Are you running on DX11, DX9, or OGL? I'm on DX9... Dunno if that makes a difference, going to check that now though.

Edit:

Just tested with DX11 and OGL and it all worked fine.... Let me try one more thing.

Edit #2:

Yeah I just tried with the current SVE release and it all is working fine :( I don't know what is causing it for you guys though. Do you have logs for when this happens?

Edited by Nhawks17

On 4/1/2016 at 10:13 PM, Emankcin said:

excellent work, it looks fantastic, but is it compatible with Sigma: Eve recolor?

On 4/1/2016 at 10:59 PM, Nhawks17 said:

I mean kinda? The colors won't change to match the Sigma recolor, everything would still be purple but it isn't going to stop you from using the mod.

I should probably get around at adding EVE compatibility to my recolor mods :)

I'll let you know as soon as I have completed the cfgs ;)

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I should probably get around at adding EVE compatibility to my recolor mods :)

I'll let you know as soon as I have completed the cfgs ;)

Will it work with how I have my textures set up? I don't do what is normal in how the textures are black and white and the colors are applied through the EVE GUI and configs. I color them to what I want them to be beforehand and then just use that in game.

2 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Will it work with how I have my textures set up? I don't do what is normal in how the textures are black and white and the colors are applied through the EVE GUI and configs. I color them to what I want them to be beforehand and then just use that in game.

I think so, I will try something later and I'll let you know ;)

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Awesome!

where does the color of the clouds come from?

edit:

ah, it's saved into the texture? I don't think I can get around that then. I'll try.

edit 2:

I played with it and it looks like I would need to write configs specific for this mod, and I'm not even sure I could get a good result anyways...

good news is, the "standard" configs I've made for EVE compatibility won't break your mod. (even tho the purple clouds on an orange planet look kinda weird)

Edited by Sigma88

37 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

where does the color of the clouds come from?

edit:

ah, it's saved into the texture? I don't think I can get around that then. I'll try.

edit 2:

I played with it and it looks like I would need to write configs specific for this mod, and I'm not even sure I could get a good result anyways...

good news is, the "standard" configs I've made for EVE compatibility won't break your mod. (even tho the purple clouds on an orange planet look kinda weird)

Thats what I figured! Maybe one day (after a full release) I'll do it how it's suppose to be but for now this is easier for me :P

1 minute ago, Nhawks17 said:

Thats what I figured! Maybe one day (after a full release) I'll do it how it's suppose to be but for now this is easier for me :P

Well if it makes you feel better I do the same with some textures. :D Also on a side note, confirming rock solid compatibility between SVE and OPM-VO is next on my todo list. 

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

that's fine, I've implemented the code in my mods and I'll release it soon. you are not really required to do it that way :) but that would help a lot with compatibility ;)

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Well if it makes you feel better I do the same with some textures. :D Also on a side note, confirming rock solid compatibility between SVE and OPM-VO is next on my todo list. 

Sweeet, let me know if you need anymore help on doing that :D 

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

that's fine, I've implemented the code in my mods and I'll release it soon. you are not really required to do it that way :) but that would help a lot with compatibility ;)

Yeah, I understand some might want that so eventually I'll get around to it hehe.

On 1/12/2016 at 1:36 AM, Nhawks17 said:

Sweeet, let me know if you need anymore help on doing that :D 

Was scratching my head for a while... with just SVE everything worked fine... installed OPM-VO and all EVE cloud layers disappear on all bodies. Very weird. Well in the end I tracked it down to exactly the same problem as I was having with @Proot's KSPRC in which the Deactivation Distance key in the "pqs.cfg" file incorrectly called as it is not listed under an Object node as is now required with EVE. Anyway, I made the same fix to the file: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\StockVisualEnhancements\EVE\pqs.cfg being:

PQS_MANAGER
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Jool
		deactivateDistance = 175000
	}
}

... and now everything works fine as it should. :D Both mods work together hand in hand. Let me know if/when you release an update as in the meantime like I have done with KSPRC's file I will probably include the fix as an overwrite bundle to allow users of OPM-VO to use SVE at the same time. However, if you get on it within the next day or so then obviously I won't do that. :D I hate having to overwrite files in other people's directories.

FAO Proot: *Nudge nudge* I haven't heard anything back relating to my similar post in the KSPRC thread. :(

Edited by Poodmund

2 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Was scratching my head for a while... with just SVE everything worked fine... installed OPM-VO and all EVE cloud layers disappear on all bodies. Very weird. Well in the end I tracked it down to exactly the same problem as I was having with @Proot's KSPRC in which the Deactivation Distance key in the "pqs.cfg" file incorrectly called as it is not listed under an Object node as is now required with EVE. Anyway, I made the same fix to the file: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\StockVisualEnhancements\EVE\pqs.cfg being:

PQS_MANAGER
{
	OBJECT
	{
		body = Jool
		deactivateDistance = 175000
	}
}

... and now everything works fine as it should. :D Both mods work together hand in hand. Let me know if/when you release an update as in the meantime like I have done with KSPRC's file I will probably include the fix as an overwrite bundle to allow users of OPM-VO to use SVE at the same time. However, if you get on it within the next day or so then obviously I won't do that. :D I hate having to overwrite files in other people's directories.

FAO Proot: *Nudge nudge* I haven't heard anything back relating to my similar post in the KSPRC thread. :(

..... I thought I added that... woops... I fixed that on my end I guess I just forgot to put it in the release xD I'll do that now so you don't have to :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SVE  v0.5.6

- Updated PQS file to new EVE format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will we ever get a release version blue text?

Not sure if this intentional, but the Scatterer folder in the last two updates has been named "Scatterer" while the CKAN version of Scatter is named "scatterer".  Under Windows the case of file/folder names doesn't matter, but under Linux they indicate two distinct folders.  Is your version supposed to go in its own folder or with the main Scatterer folder?

17 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

Not sure if this intentional, but the Scatterer folder in the last two updates has been named "Scatterer" while the CKAN version of Scatter is named "scatterer".  Under Windows the case of file/folder names doesn't matter, but under Linux they indicate two distinct folders.  Is your version supposed to go in its own folder or with the main Scatterer folder?

Oh, I didn't know that about Linux. Yeah, my version is supposed to go into the main folder and overwrite everything. I'll make sure to correct that in the next version. Just copying my scatterer folder into the main one and overwrite anything it asks about should get everything to work on Linux then. Thanks for the information! 

I'm also not getting any clouds. I'm pretty sure it's related to the version of EVE included in the download as I get this in the KSP.log towards the beginning of load.

[LOG 19:17:06.958] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'
[EXC 19:17:06.966] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
	EVEManager.EVEManagerBase+<>c.<GetManagers>b__0_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a)
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[System.Type].MoveNext ()
	EVEManager.EVEManagerBase.GetManagers ()
	EVEManager.GlobalEVEManager.Awake ()
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

Towards the end of the log I also get this:

[LOG 19:29:06.932] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'
[EXC 19:29:06.935] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
	EVEManager.EVEManagerBase+<>c.<GetManagers>b__0_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly a)
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext ()
	System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[System.Type].MoveNext ()
	AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

Here's the full log if you need it:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfqriykptfvd06k/KSP.log?dl=0

11 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

I'm also not getting any clouds. I'm pretty sure it's related to the version of EVE included in the download as I get this in the KSP.log towards the beginning of load.

[LOG 19:17:06.958] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'
[EXC 19:17:06.966] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

Towards the end of the log I also get this:

[LOG 19:29:06.932] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'GlobalEVEManager' from assembly 'EVEManager'
[EXC 19:29:06.935] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
	AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

Here's the full log if you need it:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfqriykptfvd06k/KSP.log?dl=0

Is this using the most recent version I released today? v0.5.6?

1 minute ago, Nhawks17 said:

Is this using the most recent version I released today? v0.5.6?

Yes.  I also had it with the previous version, but I just kept using the CKAN one instead of reporting it. The version on CKAN that does not bundle EVE works fine though, which is why I think it is the version you include. I am guessing that is the dev version since it has additional files from the release, but I have not seen a dev forum for EVE to check if anyone else has mentioned it.

10 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

Yes.  I also had it with the previous version, but I just kept using the CKAN one instead of reporting it. The version on CKAN that does not bundle EVE works fine though, which is why I think it is the version you include. I am guessing that is the dev version since it has additional files from the release, but I have not seen a dev forum for EVE to check if anyone else has mentioned it.

Interesting. Unfortunately I'm not able to test anything on Linux so I have to rely on feedback. There is a dev forum but it's not very active so I'd check the main EVE thread if you haven't already. If you have, go ahead and post something to rbray so he knows it's happening with his latest dev version, he'll be able to look into way better than I'd be able to. Sorry about that :(

If I could get a quick bit of clarification:

I know you haven't 'officially' supported CKAN installation as yet, but as it's there: I am assuming that installation through CKAN is a much older version of this. That being the case, what, then, is the correct way to install the CURRENT version? I tried removing EVE and SVE through CKAN and then installing the linked files in this thread manually, but either I tanked something badly, or I'm doing it incorrectly (I'm leaning towards the latter) as doing so killed my installation so badly I had to clear it all out and reinstall everything from scratch.

I'm pretty sure you addressed this at some point... but I can't seem to find it. Apologies if I am simply blind. I'm old. That happens, I'm told. :)

Thanks again for a wonderful mod and setup.

10 hours ago, Shadriss said:

If I could get a quick bit of clarification:

I know you haven't 'officially' supported CKAN installation as yet, but as it's there: I am assuming that installation through CKAN is a much older version of this. That being the case, what, then, is the correct way to install the CURRENT version? I tried removing EVE and SVE through CKAN and then installing the linked files in this thread manually, but either I tanked something badly, or I'm doing it incorrectly (I'm leaning towards the latter) as doing so killed my installation so badly I had to clear it all out and reinstall everything from scratch.

I'm pretty sure you addressed this at some point... but I can't seem to find it. Apologies if I am simply blind. I'm old. That happens, I'm told. :)

Thanks again for a wonderful mod and setup.

Yeah, I don't know how CKAN works with Kerbal Stuff... I thought it would update it on CKAN when I updated it on Kerbal Stuff but I don't know. Installing it manually is quite simple. All you need to do is go to the download page and download which version you want. After that, download scatterer and drop that into your GameData and then drop the files from my download into your GameData, overwriting anything it asks about. Should be set after that.