[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I added a patch by SpiritOffice that display biome on landing target selection and landing window. Can I keep it as is, or should I add a option to hide thos info for those who don't want to know it so easily ?

Thanks, that just what I wanted! But you're right, it should be an option, some people might consider it a spoiler.

With the -218 version, MJ doesn't even show up on the right side of my screen :-(

I installed it into the GameData folder. Here are my other mods:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l266/busabkickinbutt/gamedatafolder_zpscf1ddf29.png

I noticed you have the scansat RasterPropMonitor folder but not the Mechjeb one (folders ending RPM)

You don`t have scansat.

You could also control MJ from IVA if you put Mechjeb2RPM back...

How do you get MJ to lock onto the COM for an asteroid

I don't think it can, at least I haven't been able to use MJ to dock with an asteroid completely yet. I can get close and then I just just target COM, line it up manually and steer in slowly by myself. Seems like even though the game treats an asteroid as a vehicle, MJ can't quite make the distinction yet.

I've "lost" my mechjeb dropdown menu in flight mode. It worked this morning, but then I haz teh dumb and tried to update Bil9000 mechjeb parts to match the current Mechjeb part.cfg, but I failed. I'm going to try to delete the individual ship configs, but if anyone has any ideas, PLEASE chime in!

There was a dropdown menu in flight mode (from the toolbar, I'm assuming)? I'm only aware of the side menu available in flight mode... The Toolbar dropdown is available in Map mode for me, though...

0.23.5 MechJeb does not work for me. I extracted the MechJeb2 folder into the GameData folder as required, downloaded from: http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/ so I had the latest update. But nothing worked. The side menu was there, but even with the mechjeb instrument attached to my craft - when clicking on the mechjeb side menu - nothing appeared. It slides out, but there is nothing to click on. I've tried around a dozen different ways now, and to my avail, a similar outcome was all that I received for my endeavour.

Should have said sidebar, sorry...the sidebar is missing. After updating everything I can think of, still no dice.

Confused and irritated.

There was a dropdown menu in flight mode (from the toolbar, I'm assuming)? I'm only aware of the side menu available in flight mode... The Toolbar dropdown is available in Map mode for me, though...

Telling "it does not work" and not giving any log will not get you any help. I can't magically figure out what's wrong.

For the menu nor working properly check if your toolbar version is the latest. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60863-0-23-5-Toolbar-1-7-1-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar)

sarbian: Can you change the integrated MJ toolbar functionality to hide the MechJeb tab when the MJ button is clicked in the toolbar? I think this was the behaviour when the toolbar support was separate. What with everybody's peevishness over MechJeb, it's important to be able to take screenshots that don't have the tab. Also, for those of us like me (small resolution), it's nice to get the tab out of the way.

One problem I'm having with the Biome Display when using the map is that the overlay conflicts with Kethane's info overlay. I'm not sure if it can be shifted up or down a bit so that it won't overlap Kethane's info display.

Had MechJeb throw more than a few NRE's just now. I think they may be connected to not being able to quickload or return to space center. Just in LKO preparing for a burn to the Mun, quicksaved and around then, this happened:

[ERR 12:00:33.964] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After reinstalling Mechjeb, toolbar, module manager, and a little cussing, it finally worked.

i believe it was a toolbar issue, as now I have the full Optional Mechjeb buttons enabled, works great

(Thanks Sarbian!)

Should have said sidebar, sorry...the sidebar is missing. After updating everything I can think of, still no dice.

Confused and irritated.

One problem I'm having with the Biome Display when using the map is that the overlay conflicts with Kethane's info overlay. I'm not sure if it can be shifted up or down a bit so that it won't overlap Kethane's info display.

Just turn the kethane overlay off.

Also, there's a mechjeb overlay? I know you get the biome named in landing, but an overlay? I have failed to find this button.

Edited by BigD145

Got a few of these too.

Had MechJeb throw more than a few NRE's just now. I think they may be connected to not being able to quickload or return to space center. Just in LKO preparing for a burn to the Mun, quicksaved and around then, this happened:
[ERR 12:00:33.964] MechJeb module MechJebModuleMenu threw an exception in OnDestroy: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MuMech.MechJebModuleMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Just turn the kethane overlay off.

Also, there's a mechjeb overlay? I know you get the biome named in landing, but an overlay? I have failed to find this button.

Yeah, I realized that and forgot to edit my post. Just a minor setback. ;)

im hoping anyone can help but Mech jeb dont seem to like me at all as i cant get it working what so ever not even in sand box mode as the following 2 images will show you.

screenshot1_zpsd0dce5df.png

screenshot2_zpsd5cf4961.png

I really hope someone can help.

I just wanted to mention how much I like the new Target Biome feature of Landing Guidance. I sent up a mission this morning to finish up all the Minmus biomes. I built a lander with a science lab and all the instruments, loaded up 3 kerbals, and set off. A few hours later, I landed back at KSC with over 4300 Science!® points on board. This new feature of MechJeb really helped streamline this.

^Read the last couple pages of the thread.

A starting page or post would be nice or or i could end up going 6 pages back when i only need to go two.

That is im assuming your post is aimed at me if not i Apologize.

Fixed it the toolbar needed updating again so im guessing one of the other mods must of been using an older version an overwrote the new version when i installed it

now i just need to figure out how to make it land on the mun for me since i crash everytime or blow up the engine an get stranded.

Edited by YolDovah