[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

But I don't want RCS balancing. I want RCS not to be used for rotation by MechJeb.

I am happy to receive answers of that form, but only from people who read the question.

I did read your question. Maybe it was clearer to the author than to other people what you wanted to convey.

There is no current option to restrict MJ from using RCS for rotation that does not also enable RCS Balancing.

You can as Ricardo mentioned, have a separate window with the checkbox for turning off RCS rotation but it does nothing without RCS Balancing.

I am waiting for it impatiently :D As I do have that fix thing installed.

And it would be nice if there were KSP AVC support in the package. (Maybe it is there in the release then I am sorry. Right now I am using 405 dev build.)

If it comes out as a release I'D like to get noted.

Try this for now:

@PART[vernierEngine]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[ModuleRCS]:NEEDS[ModuleRCSFX]
{
@name = ModuleRCSFX
}
@MODULE[ModuleRCS]
{
!PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
!PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.38
%flowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdOxygen
ratio = 0.620
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 304
@key,1 = 1 265
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngineConfigs
type = ModuleRCSFX
//thrustRating = //thrusterPower
techLevel = 2
origTechLevel = 2
engineType = O
origMass = 0.01
configuration = Kerosene+LqdOxygen
modded = false
CONFIG
{
name = Kerosene+LqdOxygen
//thrusterPower = 0.445
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.38
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdOxygen
ratio = 0.620
}
IspSL = 1
IspV = 1
}
CONFIG
{
name = LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen
//thrusterPower = 0.445
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdHydrogen
ratio = 0.72856139
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdOxygen
ratio = 0.27143861
}
IspSL = 1.261
IspV = 1.3
}
CONFIG
{
name = MMH+NTO
//thrusterPower = 0.445
PROPELLANT
{
name = MMH
ratio = 0.437
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = NTO
ratio = 0.563
}
IspSL = 0.953
IspV = 0.952
}
CONFIG
{
name = UDMH+NTO
//thrusterPower = 0.442
PROPELLANT
{
name = UDMH
ratio = 0.413
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = NTO
ratio = 0.587
}
IspSL = 0.95
IspV = 0.943
}
CONFIG
{
name = Aerozine+NTO
//thrusterPower = 0.455
PROPELLANT
{
name = Aerozine50
ratio = 0.502
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = NTO
ratio = 0.498
}
IspSL = 0.963
IspV = 0.955
}
}
}

Starwaster, is that the RCSFX thing you meant? Like Ricardo, I do have moduleRCSFX in, but that's from Roverdudes exploration pack, I don't have and never have had RealFuels.

Also, you missed my question earlier asking what you meant because I couldn't find the RCSFX you were talking about.

I am just thinking again. That is not good :D This should mean you more work to do :D

Serriously: I am came up with an IDEA. So le't make it a feature request:

If it is not too much work.

I do really like the Mechjeb "main menu"'s ability to hide itself on the docked screen edge (Sorry for the words Just don't remember the correct word)

But You must have know what I mean.

So I like that function very much. And I'd like to ask you for can you make all the MJ windows to have that ability? (Docking on screen edge and slidehiding only shows the name of the window).

Oh and another thing if I may: where in the configs can the main menu window autohide state found? I do have to hide it on some screen every time I switch to the screen (I thing it is called the flight screen).

Can I hide it by default?

- - - Updated - - -

And I have a bad news too.

[Error]: MechJeb module MechJebModuleAscentAutopilot threw an exception in Drive: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleAscentAutopilot.DriveGravityTurn (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleAscentAutopilot.Drive (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.Drive (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

When Flying with the ascend guidance with a simple satelite.

This message spams my debug log right now.

version dev build 405

----

As I alt tab to this forum window and back, my vessel became invisible.

I think I should restart the whole machine as this is crazy :D

MJ do its job. right now making the circularization burn... This stuff is awesome, It can make a 250km polar orbit for an invisible craft without an error :D

invisible.png

ok after the visit to the trackingstation and fly again the same satelite it is visible again.

And Sure MJ did it's job. I pushed the extend solarpanels button on my window and voila after become visible again it was opened.

Edited by Ricardo79
added pic

Thank you.

I missunderstand you for sure.

I do have modulRCSFX installed but no real fuels.

So I think I don't need it. But thanx others should benefit from it.

Starwaster, is that the RCSFX thing you meant? Like Ricardo, I do have moduleRCSFX in, but that's from Roverdudes exploration pack, I don't have and never have had RealFuels.

Also, you missed my question earlier asking what you meant because I couldn't find the RCSFX you were talking about.

RCSFX = ModuleRCSFX (one is the mod name and the latter is the name of the PartModule that goes into the part's cfg. They're the same thing though)

Here is a more robust version that separates out RF from the RCSFX into separate sections.

@PART[vernierEngine]:NEEDS[ModuleRCSFX]:FINAL
@MODULE[ModuleRCS]
{
@name = ModuleRCSFX
}
}
@PART[vernierEngine]:NEEDS[RealFuels]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[ModuleRCS*]
{
!PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
!PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.38
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdOxygen
ratio = 0.620
}
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 304
@key,1 = 1 265
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngineConfigs
type = ModuleRCSFX
//thrustRating = //thrusterPower
techLevel = 2
origTechLevel = 2
engineType = O
origMass = 0.01
configuration = Kerosene+LqdOxygen
modded = false
CONFIG
{
name = Kerosene+LqdOxygen
//thrusterPower = 0.445
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.38
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdOxygen
ratio = 0.620
}
IspSL = 1
IspV = 1
}
CONFIG
{
name = LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen
//thrusterPower = 0.445
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdHydrogen
ratio = 0.72856139
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LqdOxygen
ratio = 0.27143861
}
IspSL = 1.261
IspV = 1.3
}
CONFIG
{
name = MMH+NTO
//thrusterPower = 0.445
PROPELLANT
{
name = MMH
ratio = 0.437
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = NTO
ratio = 0.563
}
IspSL = 0.953
IspV = 0.952
}
CONFIG
{
name = UDMH+NTO
//thrusterPower = 0.442
PROPELLANT
{
name = UDMH
ratio = 0.413
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = NTO
ratio = 0.587
}
IspSL = 0.95
IspV = 0.943
}
CONFIG
{
name = Aerozine+NTO
//thrusterPower = 0.455
PROPELLANT
{
name = Aerozine50
ratio = 0.502
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = NTO
ratio = 0.498
}
IspSL = 0.963
IspV = 0.955
}
}
}

So, for you guys, it will just apply the RCSFX to the Vernier and ignore the RF section. (you can delete that part entirely but if you leave it and you ever do install RF, then it will kick in)

But I don't want RCS balancing. I want RCS not to be used for rotation by MechJeb.

I am happy to receive answers of that form, but only from people who read the question.

The "RCS for rotation" option can work only when the RCS balancer is active (ie when "Smart translation" is checked). As I explained to someone else a bit earlier the RCS balancer does not work for all configuration and the code could need some love. But I did not write it and I never took the time to understand how it works to fix it. It a bit of code that use math I m not used too so I doubt I ll have a look soon.

The whole translate without rotation would work fine with ModuleRCSFX but MJ needs a bit more work to understand that module options. That however is on my list of things to do.

Something's up with the debug arrows because it's spamming (for a low level definition of spam) loads of this exception:

MechJeb module MechJebModuleDebugArrows threw an exception in OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleDebugArrows.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Plus there is an odd bug where it'll show the red CoM ball and/or the arrows when it's not even supposed to be on. I tested with the exact same craft on Kerbin and it was fine, so it's not the craft itself. I think it may have something to do with the area, not sure.

screenshot36_zpsse2xq6ft.png

There is no current option to restrict MJ from using RCS for rotation that does not also enable RCS Balancing.

Thank you. That is clear, if it's not what I wanted to hear. I'm sorry I was tetchy.

I have got something to report. :(

I was on a trip with the given ship. Kerbin ->Mün flagplanting -> Minmus FlagPlanting -> Little hop to Kerbol orbit.

On the way back from the sun's orbit my game started to slow down extremely something like a max 5 FPS (The machine is strong enought :D )

So I checked memory usage first. That is normal. 2.2 GB

Then chacked the debug log.

I posting a screenshot.

After close mechjeb windows The log spamming stopped. After opening it agian the log spamming started again. So 3 more try and here I am with an error report.

Additional info: ExceptionDetector keeps coming up about 5-10 minutes complaining something about ActiveTextureManager cannot find some Mumech stuff. But that window is too fast for me to read. (sorry I am not English)

I also tried screencapture it with no success. If I can catch it I deffinitely edit this post and insert that one too.

I am using 405 dev build. (I am willing to update if there is a newer version out there)

MJerror.png

And please help those Kerbals to smile instead of that terrified face. They don't seems to like the logspam.

I have got something to report. :(

I was on a trip with the given ship. Kerbin ->Mün flagplanting -> Minmus FlagPlanting -> Little hop to Kerbol orbit.

On the way back from the sun's orbit my game started to slow down extremely something like a max 5 FPS (The machine is strong enought :D )

So I checked memory usage first. That is normal. 2.2 GB

Then chacked the debug log.

I posting a screenshot.

After close mechjeb windows The log spamming stopped. After opening it agian the log spamming started again. So 3 more try and here I am with an error report.

Additional info: ExceptionDetector keeps coming up about 5-10 minutes complaining something about ActiveTextureManager cannot find some Mumech stuff. But that window is too fast for me to read. (sorry I am not English)

I also tried screencapture it with no success. If I can catch it I deffinitely edit this post and insert that one too.

I am using 405 dev build. (I am willing to update if there is a newer version out there)

https://sikerprogram.net/notrelated/MJerror.png

And please help those Kerbals to smile instead of that terrified face. They don't seems to like the logspam.

You don't need to screen cap it, it's in your outputlog.txt. Search for nullnef and you'll find it. I'm running Dev 405, ATM, Exception detector, and regularly check my logs and I don't get the exception you are talking about. For Sarbian or other posters to help you need to post your outputlog.

You don't need to screen cap it, it's in your outputlog.txt. Search for nullnef and you'll find it. I'm running Dev 405, ATM, Exception detector, and regularly check my logs and I don't get the exception you are talking about. For Sarbian or other posters to help you need to post your outputlog.

That particular error must be related to the ricos (custom window that's why I dropped in the screencap to show the author the possible base of errors (Myself is suspecting that landing guidance (without a reenentering orbit or some other indicator from the landing window could have soething not well written stuff OR the RCS dV Because all the other stuff can be found on one of the basic windows and no exceptions' there, but this is just speculation))

Anyway Thank You Very Much. I Will look into and search that log file.

For now I am ingame and for the the ascend autopilot I can present you a part of the debug log (alt+F12 -> debug tab):

[Error]: MechJeb module MechJebModuleAscentAutopilot threw an exception in Drive: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleAscentAutopilot.DriveGravityTurn (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebModuleAscentAutopilot.Drive (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.Drive (.FlightCtrlState s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Is that can help?

The crafit is a simple one with 8rcs thrusters a probecore, a RCStank a docking port and an OP Ion engine. (It made some wierd turn on the way up (with FAR it is not a hard task))

I searched right now the whole KSP directory () and subdirs by Totalcommander (alt+F7) for outputlog.txt also output*.* and output.log I do not have one.

All I found is an error log for yesterdays (03.07) crash.

I got an excessive document on where and how to about those nasty logs... It turned out I was the one who turned them off.

So Now I have one :D

I Zipped (38 MB) and uploded it to here

There are a lots of nullrefs MJ has produced

Hope it helps the (devil)opment. :D Sorry this sounds funny to me. Don't mean harm in any way just learning english.

I naively :blush: think it is very easy to implement a new skin featuring:

• 100% transparent windows, window borders, title bars, buttons and input fields.
  • All text matching "Est. Burn/Node in T" in font, size, and color.
  • Tight line-spacing.
  • Buttons and input fields just thin green outlines.
  • Use only bold font to indicate selections/active states.

Bonus for changing all solid triangles (◀▶▼) to be their outline equivalents (â—Ââ–·â–½)

This would make MechJeb supply a highly customizable HUD with no need for any other HUDs.

I got an excessive document on where and how to about those nasty logs... It turned out I was the one who turned them off.

So Now I have one :D

I Zipped (38 MB) and uploded it to here

There are a lots of nullrefs MJ has produced

Hope it helps the (devil)opment. :D Sorry this sounds funny to me. Don't mean harm in any way just learning english.

It's also been spamming the log with exceptions from the debug arrow stuff for me as well. I've also noticed other problems with the indicator arrows.

Hello,

Some Infos about my testing this GREAT Plugin/mod for KSP.

RCS Balancer works very well but not with Docking. When You want to Docking you must disable RCS Balancer.

With Balancer not alle rcs engines are powered on and when only 1 engine in a symetrie around a vessel is active is dockin a litte bit impossible. Because this engine but my vessel in a rotation and when in Rotation you need anti acceleration to stop this rotation. So a doom loop without an escape.

I wish me a button to automatically disable Balancing by docking, or when the devs have time to look at the subroutines if it's possible to fix that litte bug or feature?

cu

salo

sorry about my bad english

Edited by Salorano

Hey all, I've recently come back to KSP, and I'm finding Mechjeb simply can't fly my old, asymmetrical craft that it used to be able to put into perfect position. It's not other mod conflicts, as I've done a clean install and installed just Mechjeb. In particular it has the following problems;

* Unless only 5 degrees of pitch is selected, it can't get my craft into orbit as the nose just wobbles too much and it crashes.

* Once into orbit, it can't complete the circular burn because again, it tracks around too much. Enabling or disabling RCS doesn't help; it wildly overcompensates under both control systems. The only way I've been able to get it to pass each stage is disabling at each stage, using Smart ASS and killing rotation (which it often can't even do) and then restarting autopilot and hoping it'll pass the target pip and lock into place when time speeds up

* I wanted to use Bobcat's Soviet Pack, but it has problems understanding to jettison the boosters on his Soyuz U and Energia models, and whilst it correctly flies that mod's Buran, it can't even get the Kliper up as it loses control of the rocket by about 3000 feet. I've tried disabling all the control surfaces and that doesn't help.

So... is there some sort of setting I must be missing with the latest Mechjeb that is cocking everything up? Is it a change in KSP since I last played (which was er... 0.24 I think)? Tips welcome please!

Mechjeb is the only installed mod ? Which version did you use, the official release or a dev release ?

* 5 degree of pitch where ?

* I can't explain it without knowing your mod list and testing the craft.

* Those have their LF/Oxidizer ratio set wrong and they have some fuel remaining when they finish their burn. MJ won't drop part with fuels.

Edit : to the other poster. I read your post. I won't do more large change until 1.0 is out.

Edited by sarbian

How do I set my pitch with a space plane. I can get the Space plane guidance to fly me up to 15k, but only at a 25 degree pitch. I need to to hold a 45 then hold to a 5 at 15k. I saw videos of older versions doing it. Why doesn't the current version?

I'm having an issue where mechjeb is throwing a lot of NRE's. It happens as soon as i take control of a craft that has been launched from an EPL launchpad.

output_log.txt

MechJeb module MechJebModuleDebugArrows threw an exception in OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleDebugArrows.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

YLsFZqH.jpg

Thanks for the great mod!

But could you please add "tolerance" option into landing? Sometimes my ship gets stuck at "performing course correction of about x m/s" forever...

This problem is likely due to the fact that public void ThrustForDV(double dV, double timeConstant) does not limit the minimum value of the throttle that it computes and it is computing a value below the flameout throttle for your engine.

skips