[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Please reread my previous post.

Yeah, that's part of the issue. People come into the thread and if they grab the linked version in the OP they end up with a 4 month old version that has problems.

Well, maybe 'people' should actually read the OP and read the thread (at least last few pages is good practice) and then they would know whats going on...rather than complain about no updates to a plugin that gets constant updates.....

open the part.cfg in notepad add the two lines hitting your "enter" key at the end of each line, then save the file.

so you do the following:

1) find the line which says: // --- editor parameters ---

2) hit your "enter" key at the end of it which should put your cursor on a new line

3) type: TechRequired = start (and hit "enter" key)

4) type: entryCost = 0 (and hit "enter" key)

You should end up with something like this:

// --- editor parameters ---

TechRequired = start

entryCost = 0

thanks a lot i tried the new dev build for 0.22 but it didnt work then i change the .cfg file in al older version and it works

thanks a lot i tried the new dev build for 0.22 but it didnt work then i change the .cfg file in al older version and it works

In the new dev build he has the part in the "automation" part of the tree, but I have no clue as to how long it will be until we can get to it, that's why you can't see it I presume. (although I could be wrong)

Would be bunches simpler if one person mods all the .22 pods to integrate MechJeb then posts them somewhere.

I copied all the mods I'm using to the .22 install and deeeerrrrppp- it's super laggy and then crashes. Going to have to wait for PolecatEZ to get the texture redux updated for it, and for Kethane. Going to have to go back through my rocket catalog and add nosecones to the ones without them. ;)

this is why I use ModuleManager configs to add MJ to my pods. they survive KSP updates. The only thing those configs dont do (YET) is tech tree compatibility. but aside from that everything is MJ enabled for me 'out of the box'

I am having what seems to be the same issue(s). MJ is now very very wobbly. I have been experimenting with very simple craft to try and narrow it down, and it keeps coming back to MJ. on Ascent Guidance, i must kill the autopilot as the craft keeps getting closer and closer to gimbal lock. and landing just does not work any more. for now, i am going to go back to 0.21 as i really dont care for the career mode, just the building and testing of bases and such.

this is why I use ModuleManager configs to add MJ to my pods. they survive KSP updates. The only thing those configs dont do (YET) is tech tree compatibility.

Eh? I added all the KSPX parts to the tech tree using a ModuleManager config file. Works fine for me...

(EDIT: Note that this is no longer necessary, since the KSPX maintainer has now updated the mod.

And I'm using the latest Jenkins build, if that next post's question was directed at me...)

Edited by Gaius

errr, i'm using sarbian's MJ.

in mechjeb_settings_global.cfg, i want to preset Tf(s) to 0.9 instead of default 0.3. what's the parameter for that?? and am i suppose to put it inside

MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment

{

}

??

Thank you.

mwlue : it won't work since Tf is set to save inside the game savefile for each ship.

Taverius asked me to change it yesterday. I'll push a patch to the MJ2 dev later today.

If you can compile yourself you'll need to change MechJebModuleAttitudeController.cs line 32 :

[Persistent(pass = (int)Pass.Local)]
public double Tf = 0.3;

into

[Persistent(pass = (int)(Pass.Local | Pass.Type | Pass.Global))]
public double Tf = 0.3;

mwlue : it won't work since Tf is set to save inside the game savefile for each ship.

Taverius asked me to change it yesterday. I'll push a patch to the MJ2 dev later today.

If you can compile yourself you'll need to change MechJebModuleAttitudeController.cs line 32 :

[Persistent(pass = (int)Pass.Local)]
public double Tf = 0.3;

into

[Persistent(pass = (int)(Pass.Local | Pass.Type | Pass.Global))]
public double Tf = 0.3;

Arr ok, i'll wait for your patch. Thank you.

Does it matter where MechJeb is on the craft, as long as it's pointed in the right direction?

I have a large craft that tends to tip over at around 20-30000m during launch, even though center of gravity and center of thrust are perfectly aligned and I have plenty of RCS as well as gimbaled engines. I really want to do a successful launch with this beast.

Hi all, im new here.. KSP is a Great game!! :D

I have downloaded the 2.0.9 version of Mechjeb and is playing .22 of KSP.

My question is:

When im in 100 km orbit around the Kerbin with 0 inclination and is using the "Maneuver Planner" which I setup to "transfer to another planet" "Duna" it makes a note 45 days away.. If I try Dress is 83 days away and somethimes they are 145 days away..

Am I doing anything wrong? (I got over 8000 Delta-V left)

Yours

Jones

Does it matter where MechJeb is on the craft, as long as it's pointed in the right direction?

It doesn't matter where it is, nor what direction it's pointing. I often mount it sideways to avoid the antenna clipping. MechJeb uses the part that is 'controlled from here' (root part by default, overridden manually by right-clicking a part and pressing the appropriate button and automatically by entering IVA) as the direction vector for its behavior.

If your rocket irrationally flips out at inconsistent altitudes during ascent, it's likely a problem with not enough reaction wheels or control surfaces.

So does mechjeb appear anywhere in the career tree now?

It does have a "TechRequired = " in the .cfg of the part. However, I think the default one is a tech not in the game. So I edited my cfg to "TechRequired = unmannedTech". This way it'll be unlocked only after you've done science a few times.

I have a large craft that tends to tip over at around 20-30000m during launch, even though center of gravity and center of thrust are perfectly aligned and I have plenty of RCS as well as gimbaled engines. I really want to do a successful launch with this beast.

Maybe this is a problem that occured when your CoT is ahead of your CoM (even with it might be just as bad).

I once had a big craft too where the upper stage used it's engines together with the booster stages which resulted at one point with a CoT ahead of the CoM and then MJ went nuts.

I don't know what it was and it's been quite a few versions, was maybe 1.9.8 or so, but I think the engines ahead of the CoM steered in the opposite direction which doesn't seem like a bad idea given but it seems MJ couldn't handle that for some reason.

So out of curiosity, try lowering your CoT to stay below your CoM and see if that helps.