Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

I've been trying to make a "cruise ship" rocket. It can take 24 passengers + 3 crew (you may have seen an earlier pic). It's more complete now and works in principle but I've give up because of lag and issues with hinges. When boarding 24 passengers it gets really laggy.

Here's a few pics of it and it's ground grew;

HTurCl.jpg

loading the airport-bus

KTBPRl.jpg

The bus was loaded at the landing strip and driven over once the ship was ready.

btw, if anyone wants a bus fully loaded with 28 Kerbals I could make the craft and persistence file available, you know, just if you need a load of Kerbals for some horrible experiment....

You might notice one Kerbal standing apart from the others. That's Kirvin and the reason the rest are standing away is he just murdered another Kerbal with his bare hands (well, feet). As he stood up he stomped on someone else and killed them!! I was speechless, I'd never seen this kind of Kerbal on Kerbal violence!!

1JFzXl.jpg

AP5YQl.jpg

RLDZYl.jpg

cht8Il.jpg

The one on the left has a bunch of steps, with all steps extended 16 can get onto it and be lifted up. The platform lift then can lift 8 at a time up to the already raised steps. (That was the plan anyway, in the end I gave up trying to use the lift to try and cut down the lag.)

vLRyMl.jpg

redtPl.jpg

Boarding

z9uXh.jpg

I've given up with this cos of the lag. I could try to load them one at at time or just in small groups but I'd have to do it in one sitting, no quick saves. If it is reloaded the hinge positions are all messed up so some updates are needed before this will work properly.

I made a vid of a test run which shows loading 8 passengers (just using the steps and before the rocket had panels and before the happy bus). The passenger pods are all attached to decouplers and have boosters and parachutes attached, in case the ship lives up to its name (it's the Titanic), that's tested in the vid too.

Edited by katateochi
put some pics in spoilers, it was bit long otherwise

Oohhhh. I see where you guys are coming from now. What I've done is manually flown each module up there (see Delta IV-look a like vessel) and then space rendezvoused with the station and decoupled the next module. Then I cheat. Then I add that module to the station (by really going back to the VAB and opening the Aries Station vessel and removing everything that hasn't been transported yet) then change the persistence file. So I'm getting as close to orbital docking as I can without using the extra plugins since I don't assume Squad will be adding docking any time soon (though I'd really love it).

That's cunning! Definitely not cheating if your working round a limitation.

I used Multiversal Mechatronics Fixed Camera Mod and F1( :D ) to make the screenshots

So, remember I said I was willing to use this idea on my upcoming missions?... Here we go! After a successful landing on the Far Side of the Mun, the crew of the Kerner von Braun mission stepped on the surface for their first EVA. For the first time, lander-mounted cameras recorded the whole event:

Commander Harford Kerman became a Mun Veteran on this mission (2 landings):zY3Tw.jpg

Erdbin Kerman joined him soon after: «about 8 feet to go, chap!» A3JS6.png

Bonus: the EVA really became awesome when the Amandil-1 crewed Reconnaissance Orbiter flew almost directly over the landing site, 4km above (closest approach: 7km). «Jumping won't be enough to join them, Ed, calm down.»

kGJoz.png

6F35N.png

Edited by Enture
bloody typo

Oohhhh. I see where you guys are coming from now. What I've done is manually flown each module up there (see Delta IV-look a like vessel) and then space rendezvoused with the station and decoupled the next module. Then I cheat. Then I add that module to the station (by really going back to the VAB and opening the Aries Station vessel and removing everything that hasn't been transported yet) then change the persistence file. So I'm getting as close to orbital docking as I can without using the extra plugins since I don't assume Squad will be adding docking any time soon (though I'd really love it).

Since the first round of pictures, I've added a couple more modules. Just the main solar arrays and a few other tiddly bits left!

r2oAJ.png

Why has no one thought of this before? I must try this now.

EDIT: How did you deal with removing the command pods?

Edited by Nutt007

Zorn: Time for a rescue mission! :D

Here she sits in LKO at 400km. The Aries Station.

HWAZzh.jpg

If you all don't mind, I'd like to leave my new video of it here too. If you do mind, I can take it down.

Nutt007:

So I started by completely(or getting close to finished) building the station in the VAB and SPH.

alAIq.png

Then I pulled off all the modules that I wasn't sending up in this mission. (Keep note, this will be what the persistence file will be putting up after the rendezvous)

FI3dK.png

Peel off the module that you're sending up this round. Then remove everything under/above the command module. I added an ASAS and Remotetech computer so that I could later deorbit the launch vehicle. Atop that, add the decoupler.

gMu0h.png

2mxjJ.png

Build the fairing shroud around it. Make sure your stages are set. Multiple times I've had this throw my launches off.

6kEYI.png

Build the rest of the rocket. Remember to use fuel lines from the outer two stages! (like the Falcon 9 Heavy)

ZHIcP.png

Zorn: Time for a rescue mission! :D

Here she sits in LKO at 400km. The Aries Station.

HWAZzh.jpg

If you all don't mind, I'd like to leave my new video of it here too. If you do mind, I can take it down.

Nutt007:

So I started by completely(or getting close to finished) building the station in the VAB and SPH.

alAIq.png

Then I pulled off all the modules that I wasn't sending up in this mission. (Keep note, this will be what the persistence file will be putting up after the rendezvous)

FI3dK.png

Peel off the module that you're sending up this round. Then remove everything under/above the command module. I added an ASAS and Remotetech computer so that I could later deorbit the launch vehicle. Atop that, add the decoupler.

gMu0h.png

2mxjJ.png

Build the fairing shroud around it. Make sure your stages are set. Multiple times I've had this throw my launches off.

6kEYI.png

Build the rest of the rocket. Remember to use fuel lines from the outer two stages! (like the Falcon 9 Heavy)

ZHIcP.png

That was very cool! Came here to post another picture only to see that tough act of yours to follow, lol. :(

Having achieved Keostationary orbit last night for the first time, a new mission was launched today. A satellite was put into Keostationary orbit successfully. After deployment, RELAY II then burned into a 200km orbit to rendezvous with Space Station DURATION, which has been in orbit for a couple of months. The crew member from RELAY II and Camwise Kerman (aboard DURATION) then went on EVA and swapped ships, allowing Camwise the opportunity to return home.

nBhlf.jpg

After many months of failure I've have finally done it! A rendezvous!

Getting Close:

xVwvq.png

A bit high it seems:

VK3Ly.png

So close that the Marker disappeared:

I73Un.png

Lowering my orbit to get in close:

uAQQQ.png

Some might call it quits right here but no not me:

69SXu.png

Finally a Gemini 6 & 7 -esque Rendezvous so close that Jeb could taunt the other crew!

dIH0Y.png

This rendezvous was over a month in the making, I put up my Falcon 1 Sat as soon as 0.16 came out then around a month ago I decided to try and rendezvous with so I put the Falcon-1 into 105 Km orbit and attempted twice to get close but I wasn't knowledgeable enough to do getting in about 1.5 Km. So I decided to leave Bill, Jeb, and Bob up there in case I wan't to try again. Scott's recent videos inspired me to fire up the Falcon-1's systems to try to complete the job. So using Kosmo's chart I dropped them back down to a 105 Km orbit waited until I was 50.4 Km away and boosted myself up to the 125 Km Ap. After that it was just fine tuning. I did learn that I need to redesign my CM so that my RCS is closer to the Center of Mass since It was imparting some spin on whenever I used it.

This mission did not end as expected and Jeb was furious he'd not brought any marshmallows.

9RyVTl.jpg

(so this was my first mission to the Sun, the goal was to see at what point was close enough and what happened slightly closer. However as I got closer and closer I started to wonder if I should be thinking about landing. Off all the things in KSP which can kill you, this didn't!)

I took this nice photo of the Mun and Kerbin while landing on Minmus. Mechjeb used to provide accurate retrograde pointing during deorbit only (in actuality, the landing was a bit rough because I left retrograde on for too long and mechjeb started swinging wildly when I had nearly canceled out my velocity).

screenshot3jri.png

So, the other night I successfully landed my MuSB-1 probe (MunScout Beta) on the Mün. Fitted with no less than 12 onboard cameras, this unmanned probe is designed to target-land on potential landing sites for future crewed munar missions, study their topography and remarkable features, and then take off again, travel 5-10km further, land again to take pictures... and so on until the 1000L fuel are used up entirely.

Now, the take off and second landing (planned in one of the far side's deep canyons) were scheduled for tonight, but obviously didn't go quite as planned, judging by the pictures from the onboard cameras coming in at KSC:

ab00870ca6430ad1523b3a6eecf069cb.png

KSC engineers are processing the data they're receiving as we speak, so all we can do now is wait...