[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

With pilot assistant you have a kind of autopilot able to follow a heading or a track, an angle of climg or a rate of climb, able to fly a level flight. You can adapt it to each plane by setting a lot of parameters.

With atmospheric autopilot you can manually pilot trough a fly by wire system like the A320. It means you aircraft is always in trim, that means always balanced in pitch and yaw, wathever is the power you apply, wathever is your rate of climb or your bank......which means that your flight by joystick is very fluid and easy whatever is the aircraft. You just have to set the max g factor you don't want to overcome on 3 axes and some other settings....and you can also personnalize each aircraft settings. There also an autopilot able to do what is doing pilot assistant.

My feeling is that Pilot assistant is easier to use as autopilot and Atmspheric Autopilot is much better for manual fly by wire piloting and very easy to pilot low altitude flights manually.

4 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

will conflict out of the box, and the fix was not applied to original AFBW repository. I had a fixed AFBW windows dll somewhere, pm me if needed.

Sent ya a PM bout an hour ago :) In my desperation, I grabbed VS and attempted to compile it myself, though my newbish knowledge and youtubing skills on how to make it actually work have caused me nothing but confusion :P

Edit: Thank you for the file! Sadly, the dll conflicted with another needed and important fix for that mod, so I recompiled it with your fix, and theirs (after learning how to recompile int he first place) and it works great now! Thanks for all your hard work on this mod, and your contributions to the other!

I don't -think- its required, but is it alright for me to post up my dll on the comments of afore-mentioned mod, that includes your fix, as well as the others?

Edited by DracoSilverpath

3 hours ago, SpaceToad said:

Anyone ever have the problem of FBW overcompensation?

plane pic in flight with flight model window open, and probably angvel controller of axis that is oscillating should help. FBW rarely misbehaves when install is allright, MD and CF can misbehave, but FBW should be pretty reliable.

Yeah, the FBW works great, but moderation oscillates between max aoa above and below the horizon. I'll upload pics and a gif later this afternoon.

Is it normal to have to change the controllers independently for each aircraft? Do the settings for each controller save with the aircraft?

6 minutes ago, SpaceToad said:

Is it normal to have to change the controllers independently for each aircraft? Do the settings for each controller save with the aircraft?

No, not normal, it contradicts mod's purpose. Most of those advanced settings are not saved. And upload the log too, may help if that's what i think it is.

On 9/1/2016 at 10:03 AM, Boris-Barboris said:

No, not normal, it contradicts mod's purpose. Most of those advanced settings are not saved. And upload the log too, may help if that's what i think it is.

Actually, I just tried it again... its gone! works fine now. 

Computers...

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say... thank you. If not for this mod, I would probably have given up on the game right about now. I just managed a flight from take-off to orbit to deorbit to landing which did not feel teeth-grittingly awful from start to finish, and that's all thanks to this. :salute:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 6:25 PM, Asteroid.K said:

This mod is really impressive and really fascinating... It works well with all the planes made by me !  Thanks for your mod and hope you continue to work on this project !!

Makes any plane flyable, and stable.  

Yes - most impressed.

Since i re installed the 1.5.7 version, i noticed on all my flights with FBW on default settings the following:

When I set moderation ON it becomes impossible to keep level flight after take off, all aircrafts are nosing down.

When moderation is OFF, it's better, up to a faster speed, then after 1 or 2 turns, they nose down too even with stick full back.

Yaw indicator needle is like windshield wiper in line flight and even with "snap wing to level" set to 8°, the aircraft roll from left to right

Pitch and roll indicator needle act similarly.....like windshield wiper

I did not have those problem before...

This mod is absolute gold! I didn't test out much but it holds my aircraft exactly where I pointed it last. The stability is what I've been looking for the entire time while flying in KSP. If you have a good designed plane it makes landing a breeze and I use FAR. Never have I had such a smooth landing. Sometimes I would have problems of breaking up during re-entry because of instabilities but this mod makes the controls so smooth.

On 27/9/2016 at 7:17 PM, Boris-Barboris said:

Neither did I. Logs can help us find the truth.

Well, my airplane was not stable...

For a reason I don't understand, as I discard a lot of mods from my game data folder, Version 1.5.7 does ont appear in toolbar, but version 1.5.6 does.

I tried on a light game data folder with only Squad folder, AtmosphericAutopilot 1.5.7 folder and Toolbar folder and i got the dame result....