[1.8.0-1.12.5] AtmosphereAutopilot 1.6.1

Boris-Barboris

6 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

It looks working all right. Are you sure? Maybe some ground tests?

The controls surface are not moving at all, still I have roll, disabled torque engine gimbal everything

Edited by brusura

1 minute ago, brusura said:

The controls surface are not moving at all, still I have roll, disable torque engine gimbal everything

Video does not demonstrate that. You are just moving the slider all the time. And I do not touch game physics.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

4 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Video does not demonstrate that. You are just moving the slider all the time.

I'll make a new video, moving the slider should have changed the speed of roll, but the roll is costant :)

Edited by brusura

1 minute ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Slider is a constant, wich amplifies maximum control surface deflection. It is a stock feature. It's relation to roll is indirect.

No idea then, removing the mod the limiter works again,  I have uploadded the video, I can list mods I have if needed

I'd just like to start out by saying that this mod is amazing. A combination of the waypoint mode and mouse control makes it so easy to execute a series of waypoint missions and land again. It also is remarkably competent at controlling a wide variety of aircraft without requiring adjustment, which I'm very impressed with. A couple suggestions I'd love to see in it: First, the method for opening the control panel could probably be streamlined. Second, is there any way you could add an option for the altitude hold to be altitude above land/water rather than above sea level?

3 hours ago, SaintWacko said:

First, the method for opening the control panel could probably be streamlined. Second, is there any way you could add an option for the altitude hold to be altitude above land/water rather than above sea level?

It can be shortened to the point of opening it with one click on AppToolbar button, but that would leave almost half of the windows inaccessable. Current structure is not very good for end user, I admit, but I need it like this for debugging. It presents all entities in one place, giving very fast access to any module's or utility's gui. If you're bothered with long opening sequence, I usggest using hotkeys - whatever master switch is bound to, SHIFT + that will toggle autopilots manager GUI.

I'll have a look at radar alt hold later, after I'm done with current problem. Nothing impossible, but a little boring and bothersome to implement well.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Hello,

I'm getting an issue with the 1.5.6 "Dropbox Build". While it seems to work nicely on the fly-by-wire & autopilots side, it alas also revives the (in)famous "EVA Clone" bug. It's 100% reproducable, just EVA a Kerbal an board again (landed at Kerbin will do).

Deleting the mod folder in "GameData" effectively slays the bug.

KSP Version : 1.1.3, x64

Mods used :

- Chatterer v0.9.90 [26 Jun 2016)
- RemoteTech v1.7.1 [02 Jul 2016)
- TAC Life Support v0.12.2 [02 Jul 2016)
- ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll

55 minutes ago, N_Molson said:

It's 100% reproducable

It is not for me, with mods you mentioned installed. And you are obviously the first one to experience this. I can only suggest to follow a typical for the thread you linked advice of reinstalling the game.

Also, whenever you make bug reports for any mod: log is very helpful and important.

Hi

Learning to use your mod with plane and it's very usefull. Thank you !

Piloting with joystick seems easier tan ever....

Any possibility to select waypoint on ScanMap from ScanSat mod ? because when flying over Lathe, Eve or Kerbin the scale when selecting map mode is not accurate at all...

Just now, gilflo said:

Any possibility to select waypoint on ScanMap from ScanSat mod ? because when flying over Lathe, Eve or Kerbin the scale when selecting map mode is not accurate at all

I don't really want to bother with some random mod integration. What's wrong with the scale? Waypoint is created exactly under your cursor pointer, zoom in for precision maybe?

37 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

Waypoint is created exactly under your cursor pointer, zoom in for precision maybe?

Maximum zoom is limited in Map view, and pixels/mouse noise can turn into dozens of kilometers. Maybe a manual (text) coordinate entry?

That being said, I personally don't need this feature. By the time this precision starts to matter, I have to go manual and fly the approach anyway.

Edited by Kobymaru

2 hours ago, Boris-Barboris said:

I don't really want to bother with some random mod integration. What's wrong with the scale? Waypoint is created exactly under your cursor pointer, zoom in for precision maybe?

Yes, zoom in

On map view you do not see anything.

It will never be as accurate as ScanSat map that integrates your ship movement.......

I understand you don't want to bother with that, but waypoint feature is no use in map mod if you don't have enough accuracy, specially for low altitude flights for what your autopilot is the best!!!

I noticed also that the Autopilot in CFC would bank to nearly 50° even for small heading adjustment of 5°. in fact the bank rate and yaw rate seem very fast.

Is there a setting to use to minimize bank angle or bank rate or yaw rate for small heading adjustment?

Edited by gilflo

15 minutes ago, gilflo said:

I noticed also that the Autopilot in CFC would bank to nearly 50° even for small heading adjustment of 5°. in fact the bank rate and yaw rate seem very fast.

Is there a setting to use to minimize bank angle or bank rate or yaw rate for small heading adjustment?

Not to limit bank per se. Cruise Flight -> advanced options -> lower strength_mult to 0.4 or something, that shall slow down all maneuvers under CF command.

v1.5.6 up

Bugfixes of control surfaces and file IO exceptions, mentioned here.

@Morse, I guess I couldn't dodge one of your requests. Had a couple of free days, started career, got to Duna, needed a vtol to rescue Jeb and Bob, wanted a MK2 hull with two aerospikes (sausage-VTOL). Tried TCA, it gave up quickly, so I had to do it myself. Serves a great pleasure for those with joysticks, I had a great fun. Very raw, don't expect much from it, no action groups and advanced features, just plain balancing and authority, that I needed, and I don't plan to expand on this front.

Has a hotkey. Don't forget to turn moderation off.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

I am using neo-gui and I'd like to have all switchs turned off when changing mode ie:

I am flying with fly-by.wire and I am at 5000 m of altitude , then I want to switch to cruise control , but when I do the plane suddendly start to climb....that is expected of course because before I was using cruise control with altitude of 20000 m

It would be better IMHO to leave always off the controllers for speed altitude etc...then turn on the controllers manually, this way one could avoid unwanted change in speed or/and altitude while switching modes

Thanks for your time and mods :)

PS: and I love the new engine balance mode ^_^ just what it is really needed TCA is too much ( with a little help by diazo mod )

https://youtu.be/vcuCOm7Ip3g ( in the end I messed with too much pitch the engines could not recover xD )

Edited by brusura

Hey! I just wanted to thank you for making this mod. I play KSP mostly for the planes, and this makes flying them a breeze and a joy. It's a game changer, really, and I can't thank you enough!

Recently I buzzed a little too close to the runway tower and lost a wing. However, the autopilot not only left the plane able to fly level, it was actually still fully controllable! It truly blew my mind, and shows the power of the mod.

QhDK3R4.jpg

So, no bug report, no feature request, just, thank you!

Hey,

Firstly: great job!

I really do like your demonstration videos.

One problem: I don't know if it is my modsettup or something like that, but I can't get the mouse director mode to work.

Same for the crouse mode... When I put in a number, nothing happens. The only thing that works for me is the speed control and standard fly-by-wire...

I didn't changed anything in your mod, this was the first testflight.

Any suggestions what to do?

*Sorry for the bad English*

4A3AF47C17042A63A99FCF05741BFFAEF6AEA0F0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.