The Escape from Earth

A Kerbal Series in Real Solar System, using:

Realism Overhaul

Realistic Progression-0

Simple Realism

USI

KSP Interstellar - Extended

nkeCXNX.png

In 2016, Earth has been shaken by the First Event.

In 2051, it will be annihilated.

Humanity must escape the Earth, and to do that, it must break out the Big Bad: Nuclear technology in Space. Follow this series as humanity's concerted efforts place nuclear spacecraft in orbit, then use them to establish colonies on Jupiter's moons, far from the impending apocalypse.

We start the series with a 50-image mega-album to establish the setting and humanity's various objectives and struggles.

InterSolar January 2017

InterSolar February 2017

InterSolar March 2017

Intersolar 4: April 2017

Edited by TruthQuark

Wow. This is great. Might be the best setup for a KSP playthrough yet. I am sad that I will probably die and not go to space and not get chosen to be a Jovian Pioneer. That's if I don't die in the 2016-2017 event.

Actually, few people actually died in the First Event. Disruption of communications and 'higher level' infrastructure, plus people taking advantage of the chaos doesn't realistically affect crops, water supply or houses, so people can stay at home relatively unharmed.

Thanks for the compliments.

On the plus side, you've got most of your life ahead of you to get on one of the rockets. Tickets won't start being sold for many years.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

[quote name='MegaUZI']I like it ! Very original idea and nicely shown :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Currently, InterSolar is experiencing technical difficulties, specifically KSPI-E not working as expected and everyone too hot and bothered by 1.0.5 to answer any 1.0.4 mod questions :(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

It would be nice if we could somehow tun this into a mod, perhaps a special save would do?

I'm working on restarting this series with SimpleNuclear and a new series of 'mid-future' resource mods called '2200'.

Glad you're still interested ;)

1 minute ago, Iago said:

Will that mod series be up for download?

I'll finish SimpleNuclear first, then start with 2200. It will be released, of course, then once I've set up InterSolar, I'll release both a save and a career mod so anyone can try colonizing a post-apocalyptic solar system.

Expect 2 weeks for SimpleNuclear, and the rest within a month, plus or minus an exam period.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.