Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

3 hours ago, Jetski said:

Didn't even know that was possible!  Did you get any pics?

So busy concentrating that I didn't see it coming. And I was staring in shock for twenty minutes afterwards, so...

Dres wants to keep Jeb, Bob and Bill and has decided that he needs no more Kerbal :) 

The SpaceplaneAddict's transfer burn is complete! (And it took like 2 hours, with a low-power (but efficient) nuclear engine and a 500-something part ship in 1.0.5 (I haven't got Steam, so no 1.1 prerelease))

8 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

The SpaceplaneAddict's transfer burn is complete!

Aww shucks, you shouldn't have *hides face*

2 hours ago, Glaran K'erman said:

My station sorta looks happy to be at Dres...right?

Cool station! How'd ya get it there? i just need pics showing it's journey from the Launchpad to Dres.

2 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Cool station! How'd ya get it there? i just need pics showing it's journey from the Launchpad to Dres.

Ha, wasn't meant to be an entry but more of a morale boost for you Dres-huggers over here. I happened to have already been in the late stages of a pre-planned crewed trip to Dres and it was actually a happy accident to realize the research module I sent had a face! Immediately thought of the Dresophiles and dropped it here for you. Out of interest though here is the rest of the mission, you only saw a smaaaaaallll part.

Just for scale because tweaking can make things hard to compare, it's a 7.5m core on the main station, 5m for the research module, and 3.75 for the lander, but don't forget DS1 who comes in at 10m! Still need to shuttle the crew up to DS1 and if you can make out the 2.5m docking port on top it will eventually dock itself to the existing station around Dres once it gets there. 
Sidenote: I am going so big is because I use USI-LS and I like to make sure everything is more than covered resource-wise.

Dres Love Comsat - Kerbin> Connecting to SpaceplaneAddict...

Dres Love Comsat - Kerbin> Connected!

Dres Love Comsat - Kerbin> Receiving Transmission...

--Fuel Status: 95%

--Life Support: 99%

--Crew Status: All crew in stasis

--All systems nominal--

--T+100 Days-- 

I had a huge Duna mission planned, with a base, a rover, and a whole mining program, but I might just modify the launchers and send the mission to Dres instead. Also, can I use Simple Construction? I might not use it immediately, it's just in my save.

Edit: I wouldn't use Simple Construction on the journey, it would just be a part of my base to try and colonize Dres. :D

Edited by WillThe84th

On 4/18/2016 at 9:16 AM, max_creative said:

Yesterday: Dres 16 clear for la- KABOOM!!! Oh... Next! Dres 17 clear... 

Just how many missions to Dres are you doing? And how many have been successful?

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

At least 20 ships in the two flotillas. Some are going to get replaced by imagination class interplanetary ships.

Dude... That is a massive amount. You sure your computer can handle the orbital calculations :wink: 

Here's one I did a while ago.  I brought two asteroids back from dres and soft landed them at KSC.  One with chutes and one with wings.

Here's the plane construction

and here, I reloaded a quick save and landed the asteroid on the VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.