We Choose to go to Minimus, I made it =)

jolee1868

This is my first post on here actually but i read it more than i probably :P should and without the help of all you guys (and gals) on the forums no way i would have stuck with this game. So Thank you all for the help :D

Over the past few days i got a reliable rocket built that could hit orbit and have fuel to spare. I started playing with the Silisko mod cause all the great stuff i heard about it.

Well i managed to get to the Mun a few times and each time with more and more fuel. So at the point of hitting the Mun intercept i decided to give it a shot and try and slingshot out to Minimus. i hadnt even looked to see if my trajectory was going to get me in the little ice rocks path but lone and behold i had an intercept! Not only that i was able to play with my orbit and had enough fuel to attempt a landing. I was pretty excited and decided to share it with the only people in my life that even appreciate and understand it lol.

** on a side note.. having a brutal time figuring out how to get the spoiler pictures to work in my post. im using the img link from dropbox in between the [spoiler [img LINK /img /spoiler but actually written out of course. what am i doing wrong

I made it too! So sweet, not just for its own sake, but because it\'s the first time something has gone right since I landed on Mun 3 days and about 12 Mun crashes ago. I still haven\'t had a successful second landing there, which is why I got frustrated and light out for Minmus for a change of pace.

My flight plan to Minmus... well, I got lost. I\'d love to see a trace of it, because it probably looked like a moth heading in the general direction of a porch light. But guys? Mun is WAY THE HELL harder to land on. After all the practice I got wrecking there, Minmus was downright easy, and I did it on my first attempt. Hint:

It\'s gravity is so weak you can support your ship with reaction thrusters, which respond much faster than main engines.

I don\'t think any other game I\'ve ever played has given me this intense a sense of accomplishment.

lol. RETURN. that word hasnt ever entered my vocabulary. Im planting monuments for future Kerbal Mun visitors lol. But like Vanamonde said I only have one successful upright moon landing. I have like 4 that are on the side but my brave astronauts are alive. Mun landing is very difficult. i can get down to like a few meters from landing then hit one side too hard and bounce all over. I landed upright on Minimus first try which i was shocked by.

i think i may have to start a new ship to even think about return flights. Mine right now isnt very efficient up to orbit i think its too heavy for its power/weight ratio. I love this game. I cant wait for missions, observatories, training kerbonauts.

By the way, I just tried it, and the capsule returned safely. Well, it would have if I hadn\'t botched the trajectory, anyway, honest! Fuel wasn\'t a problem. In fact, the thing can get airborne on RCS alone. And then I loaded my quicksave because it\'s just too satisfying to have the ship sitting there on Minmus.

Guys, I need help. I\'m new at KSP 0.15. How can I intercept minmus?

Pretty much like intercepting the mun. Set your inlination to 006, or heading to 96. Wait for the minmus to rise on the horizon of Kerbin (You can\'t see it from the normal view you have to check through the map) and burn till you enter its SOI.

Pretty much like intercepting the mun. Set your inlination to 006, or heading to 96. Wait for the minmus to rise on the horizon of Kerbin (You can\'t see it from the normal view you have to check through the map) and burn till you enter its SOI.

By the way 006 inclination may not be the exact number but it never failed for me so far.

To be honest I don\'t know why everyone uses such complicated methods such as slingshots and rendezvous to intercept bodies,

I don\'t even need to get in to Kerbin orbit, wait till Minmus or the Mun is about an eighth to a quarter turn to the right in its orbit, relative to your ship,

Then use a rocket with an massive first stage (8) Its always overpowered with KSP) to go straight up, don\'t turn at any point and get your apogee to match Minmuses\' altitude then burn north or south depending on the inclination

I might change my lazy method when stuff like budget and efficiency comes out but until then it suites me :P

I havent quite figured out how people do Mun bases yet i need to start finding good forum posts on that so i can start playing with it if you got a good topic link on mun bases you found helpful add it on here id love you for it.

Reply to Endeavour:

yeah its only Silisko Edition parts nothing else added. I have a KSP OG folder and a KSP Silisko Edition folder then a KSP MODS folder for everything else random. I love the Silisko edition mod its real fun i recommend it for sure.

On a side note. Im dying for the next update. I check every day hoping that there will be news on its release :(

yeah its only Silisko Edition parts nothing else added. I have a KSP OG folder and a KSP Silisko Edition folder then a KSP MODS folder for everything else random. I love the Silisko edition mod its real fun i recommend it for sure.

I love it too. It\'s just more difficult to use, so it\'s a greater achievement if it was only with those parts.

As for a Mun base, make something cool with the B.A.C.E pack, and then land it on the Mun. My base may not look like much, but it took days to build a rocket that would get it to the Mun. (Only Silisko Edition of course).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.