Succesful Docking

Cryphonus

So i did my first succesfull docking mission. I arranged the claws position to create a ring on the unmanned spacecraft so that i can grab the unmanned probe with my own claws. However when i switched the ships one of the claws positions was disrupted a lot it wasn\'t possible for me to fix the claw since the game changed the position of the hinges :S. Anyway i used the other docking ring which was still OK.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I\'m wondering if attaching something with a suspension, like landing gear, would mean the \'hug\' would be more effective? Grabbing stuff with the claw is like picking up peas with scissors - sometimes they\'ll scoot out, and sometimes you\'ll damage them.

great idea

seeing your post inspired me to create a space station for claw docking, my aim is to 'hug' the other ship, rather than 'hold hands'

Thanks! Your space station looks pretty cool, a lot of fun to dock with :) I prefered 'hold hands' since hugging caused my ships to rotate wildly and behaving strange, probably about the physics when parts go through each other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.