Is this alternate solar system possible?

ChrisSpace

8 hours ago, Spaceception said:

I know about Eris, but I just heard of Apollo, what does it matter anyway? There's no Eris or Apollo in this solar system, so it's free game.

Aside from that, what do you think about them?

Apollo is fine, recycling asteroid names is not a big deal. It happens in OTL all the time. You know, we have a asteroid named Ganymed. No really. The name Eris, though, is a bad idea. Unless you plan on moving Eris in OTL to a rouge planet moon, please change the name.

7 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

Excellent thanks

But it still has to get past me. Don't count a victory for you yet.

2 minutes ago, fredinno said:

Apollo is fine, recycling asteroid names is not a big deal. It happens in OTL all the time. You know, we have a asteroid named Ganymed. No really. The name Eris, though, is a bad idea. Unless you plan on moving Eris in OTL to a rouge planet moon, please change the name.

Ok, any suggestions?

13 hours ago, silversliver said:

Next will be the moons of the gas giants. Hilarity may ensue.

A) Yes.

B)Yes, except for the water, I had to add more because I tried to put less water and it was not showing up.

1)I can put only a surface map so or water or ice.

2) The "stress" stripes were created by the random terrain generator.

Can't you get a partially frozen surface map from a mod? I could be competely off, since I don't do Spaceengine.

3 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

How about an ice giant that froze and it got a surface of methane and nitrogen ice with hydrogen lakes?

No, that's basically a marginally warmer Phersephone. I might include it in Nibiru, but I have a list of things I would rather see there. I'll put that on my list, but it's not a priority.

On January 23, 2016 at 2:33 PM, silversliver said:

And Mars (and Bellona)

Why is it Terraformed Mars? It's not supposed to be Terraformed, and the nuclear war that has supposed to happen's radiation likely dissipated enough for plants to grow (it was 11000 years ago.)

12 minutes ago, fredinno said:

Why is it Terraformed Mars? It's not supposed to be Terraformed, and the nuclear war that has supposed to happen's radiation likely dissipated enough for plants to grow (it was 11000 years ago.)

He (Or she, I don't know) said it was basically a Terraformed version, not that is was Terraformed.

Also @fredinno, I renamed it Eros.

Edited by Spaceception

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

Let's get crackin' on that Ice giant now:

Amphitrite:

Amphitrite is named for the Greek goddess of the sea (And is Poseidon's wife), because it's covered in a near global ocean of Hydrogen, with some Methane ice scatterd across the very small amount of land. The planet is 7.4 Earth masses, and 2.4 Earth radii, putting it on the border of "Super-Earth" and " Mini-Neptune", and has an atmosphere 23x the density of Earth's, and is made primarily of Hydrogen and Methane, with trace amounts of Nitrogen and Argon, giving it a very dim blue color, it's temperature is -256 c, and it has a small system of rings, about 10 km wide, thought to have come from a few small Asteroids about 10 million years ago, the planet has a mostly circular orbit, extremely far from the sun. 1780-1920 AU

? g

No moon

What do you think @Findthepin1 ?

That planet has a few issues:

And the ocean presented is impossible. Methane (or even nitrogen) have many orders of magnitude higher melting/boiling points than hydrogen. Also, 7.4x Earths is well within Super Earth. I have no idea how it gets such a dense H2 atmosphere. Also, how is it lacking in Nitrogen? Nitrogen is incredibly common, and I have yet to see a hypothetical type of exoplanet without lots of Nitrogen. It's temperature is all wrong, and we really don't need another Oort Cloud planet orbiting the Sun. We already have two (well, technically, one is in the diffused area next to the Kuiper belt, but I digress.)

I would not include this thing, the way it is presented.

On January 23, 2016 at 9:55 PM, insert_name said:

with less petrochlorates, also those ice caps might be problematic due to decreased albedo

We already dealt with that. If life existed, it would get rid of most percolates anyways by itself (thanks, bacteria).

8 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

He (Or she, I don't know) said it was basically a Terraformed version, not that is was Terraformed.

We already have Eros. It's the moon of Venus.

And it's not supposed to be terraformed. It's supposed to naturally support life.

PROTIP: Please read the front post on the planet before making a planet! It does not take hours to read (well the entire thing, but not a section of it.)

11 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

BTW, you might want to look into the critiscms of the first two moons that you did.... Make a few adjustments.

19 minutes ago, fredinno said:

That planet has a few issues:

And the ocean presented is impossible. Methane (or even nitrogen) have many orders of magnitude higher melting/boiling points than hydrogen. Also, 7.4x Earths is well within Super Earth. I have no idea how it gets such a dense H2 atmosphere. Also, how is it lacking in Nitrogen? Nitrogen is incredibly common, and I have yet to see a hypothetical type of exoplanet without lots of Nitrogen. It's temperature is all wrong, and we really don't need another Oort Cloud planet orbiting the Sun. We already have two (well, technically, one is in the diffused area next to the Kuiper belt, but I digress.)

I would not include this thing, the way it is presented.

We already dealt with that. If life existed, it would get rid of most percolates anyways by itself (thanks, bacteria).

We already have Eros. It's the moon of Venus.

And it's not supposed to be terraformed. It's supposed to naturally support life.

PROTIP: Please read the front post on the planet before making a planet! It does not take hours to read (well the entire thing, but not a section of it.)

"Venus has a moon named Eros" Crap! What other Chaos gods do you have then?

And for the planet, I'll remove the liquid Methane, add more Nitrogen, and as as for the dense H2 atmosphere, It's big enough, and far enough away from the Sun, that it should be capable of holding a H2 atmosphere, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Earth#Density_and_bulk_composition

Edited by Spaceception

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

"Venus has a moon named Eros" Crap! What other Chaos gods do you have then?

And for the planet, I'll remove the liquid Methane, add more Nitrogen, and as as for the dense H2 atmosphere, It's big enough, and far enough away from the Sun, that it should be capable of holding a H2 atmosphere, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Earth#Density_and_bulk_composition

Only problem is that it almost certainly formed closer to the Sun (or else it would not form at all) where it would be too hot for it to retain H2 atmospheres. And if anything it should be cooler than Phersephone, as it is smaller.

It's not really possible with what you're giving me.

11 minutes ago, fredinno said:

Only problem is that it almost certainly formed closer to the Sun (or else it would not form at all) where it would be too hot for it to retain H2 atmospheres. And if anything it should be cooler than Phersephone, as it is smaller.

It's not really possible with what you're giving me.

Sooooo... Scrap it? Or what exactly do I need to change?

What if we make the planet bigger? Like 10 or 15 earth masses like it said in the original idea. An ice giant whose atmospheric methane solidified from the cold out there and some of the hydrogen condensed onto the surface. It'd have hydrogen then, and some other implications. Uranus OTL is 14 or so earths and it has lots of hydrogen. 

Edited by Findthepin1

5 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

What if we make the planet bigger? Like 10 or 15 earth masses like it said in the original idea. An ice giant whose atmospheric methane solidified from the cold out there and some of the hydrogen condensed onto the surface. It'd have hydrogen then, and some other implications. Uranus OTL is 14 or so earths and it has lots of hydrogen. 

That would be Persephone in this, or what we will likely change it to.

19 hours ago, fredinno said:

Can't you get a partially frozen surface map from a mod? I could be competely off, since I don't do Spaceengine.

Ok I managed to put ice caps. I used a parameter that I shouldn't use but you haven't heard nothing.

f1wjk2.jpg

18 hours ago, fredinno said:

18 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Exactly. Basically I used this idea to keep the red deserts, I like them.

Also last time I checked I was a He, but you can never be sure, strange things happens in outer space....

15 minutes ago, silversliver said:

Ok I managed to put ice caps. I used a parameter that I shouldn't use but you haven't heard nothing.

f1wjk2.jpg

Also last time I checked I was a He, but you can never be sure, strange things happens in outer space....

Oooooh, that looks cool.

3 hours ago, silversliver said:

f1wjk2.jpg

I would have expected the ice caps to be somewhat bigger, but it's overall good. 

Though the impact craters are not really indicateve of this verion's Mars... But this is a terraformed version, so it's already a relatively inaccurate picture of Mars in this thing...

2 hours ago, fredinno said:

I would have expected the ice caps to be somewhat bigger, but it's overall good. 

Though the impact craters are not really indicateve of this verion's Mars... But this is a terraformed version, so it's already a relatively inaccurate picture of Mars in this thing...

The terrain itself is also noticeably different. There doesn't seem to be a hemispheric dichotomy like on Mars OTL. What happened to that?

Edited by Findthepin1

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 2:15 PM, fredinno said:

Umm, who's Alternate History project is this? In any case, I'm still thinking about how long ago the 'first ones' destroyed themselves, and how. I have a lot of work to do on this part.

8 hours ago, silversliver said:

Good. Remember to make it look a lot like a normal terraformed Mars, including Mars' terrain in OTL.

Also, do you think you'll post a download link to your progress so far anytime soon?

13 minutes ago, ChrisSpace said:

Umm, who's Alternate History project is this? In any case, I'm still thinking about how long ago the 'first ones' destroyed themselves, and how. I have a lot of work to do on this part.

Good. Remember to make it look a lot like a normal terraformed Mars, including Mars' terrain in OTL.

Also, do you think you'll post a download link to your progress so far anytime soon?

Sorry, ChrisSpace.:( I'm just as passionate about this as you are, and I thought that was a done deal.

Edited by fredinno

1 hour ago, ChrisSpace said:

Also, should I make Phersephone based off OTL Planet X ChrisSpace.

I built it in universe sandbox. Earth, Mars, and Minerva are the only three capable of sustaining life as we know it. Mars cannot support humans because the greenhouse effect leads to the surface temperature being over 150 degrees, eventually boiling off the water into the atmosphere, leaving a few boiling lakes. Humans could easily live on Minerva, provided they wore their coats (-3.7 degrees on average,)! Earth is quite warm at 28 degrees, and has no ice caps. Luna could easily be terraformed, but natural liquid water lasted less than two years.

11 hours ago, fredinno said:

Those aren't impact crater. I'm not sure what they are, but I'm 100% sure that they aren't craters because I completely deleted the generation of those.

8 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

The terrain itself is also noticeably different. There doesn't seem to be a hemispheric dichotomy like on Mars OTL. What happened to that?

The dichotomy is something that SpaceEngine can't do. Even with the use of strange parameters it's not possible to make specific localized geological features.

6 hours ago, ChrisSpace said:

Once I finished the internal system (until Dres).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.