Surface of Kerbol?

Aerzee

Well, in previous versions, you could dive right into the sun. Not sure about that now.

I\'ve done a few research missions that involved crashing into the sun. The surface is far below the model, so you can dive below the 'surface', but the physics bug out at this point from too much gravity. I\'ve never dived under the model and made it back out.

If you\'re talking about where the 'surface' of kerbal ends and enters 'Orbit,' it is about 35K. The atmosphere for kerbin ends at 70K which I think is the lowest sustainable orbit.

KerBOL. Not KerBIN.

I was actually talking about Kerbin but, if the Sun is frequently referred to as 'Kerbol,' then I will accept that but I will probably never call it Kerbol and will still refer to it as the sun.

Okay, I misunderstood what you were saying when you said that.

I misunderstood that you misunderstood the title. Turns out you didn\'t, and where throwing out semi-relevant info. My apologies.

The surface is nonexistent. As long as the altimeter reads above zero, you\'ll survive. The zero level on the altimeter is (as far as I\'m aware) the 'surface' where the auto-kill is initiated. I think it\'s about 65M meters 'above' where the point-source of light/gravity is.

That\'s why i put it in '', but i mean the point of no return or disintegration...

As best I can determine, ~4,700 km above the nominal surface*. Lower may actually be possible, but orbits can get messy this far in. Blame the Kraken.

*The nominal radius of Kerbol is 65,400 km FWIW.

i_hug_that_feel.png?1318992465

Section 3: Spam

A user shall not: Post reaction images alone.

Edit: On topic: I thought the Solar System was called Kerbol. I just call it the Sun as that is its name in the game, until it is changed, I\'ll call it just that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.