An Actual Space Center, Maybe?

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎17‎:‎29‎:‎06, 073198681 said:

but I also see that the forum community is quite sick of using rocket part that were "found lying by the side of the road".

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎17‎:‎58‎:‎00, Claw said:

It might also be worth pointing out that the forum is a rather small cross section of the player base. There is certainly a spread of thoughts on the "kerbal-esque" features of the game.

I agree, speaking for others on the internet (or anywhere, really) isn't really good practice.

So, I am quite sick of using rocket parts that were "found lying by the side of the road".

On topic, I would very much like to, at least, pick where I place my buildings, if only for the aesthetic.

Edited by monstah

Are there any modelers out there who might be interested in making more KSC style buildings. This would save the devs time, in the lengthy modelling process and may also persuade them to add it in, considering some of the hard bits are done. Of course they would have to tweak them to what they think fits. 

I am 115.65% on board with this idea.

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

I often thought of places I would put my KSC... there's that island in the middle of the ocean (not the old runway, far west, I think Kerbal's analog to Hawai.

The Idea of building a base on another world (think another KSC) say on Laythe or Eve has crossed my mid as well.

17 hours ago, Francois424 said:

there's that island in the middle of the ocean (not the old runway, far west, I think Kerbal's analog to Hawai

Hold on, I think I know what you're talking about

There is an Extremely tiny island, in the archipelago under the desert, close to the south pole, that I used for testing fighter jets. It was the smallest island in the archipelago.

It was discussed recently in another thread about adding different kinds of runway and pads. 

A second pad for polar/retrograde orbits (so you don't have to fly over the VAB at low level), different designs of runway (ski-jump for example) helipads and docks for water vessels were all mentioned.

Perhaps the entire area around the KSC could be made into some sort of hexagonal grid, so that items could be added in different locations without problems with the interactions between adjacent buildings.

51 minutes ago, 073198681 said:

I noticed that the topic of this thread recently ceased to be followed. The topic is not only about "new buildings and locations in KSP", it is more complicated than that. Please read the thread topic.

Well, based on the thread title and topic, I'll just point out that the Kerbal Space Center currently has more runways and launchpads than the Space Center here.

Edit:
There is a helipad, though.

Edited by razark

I'm not so fussed about being able to personalize the KSC... I don't really spend that much time there as I'm usually either speeding away from it, or flying towards it (or watching something blow up, disintegrate or tumble over it).

I would like other launch-pads and runways. There are parts of Kerbin I've only ever seen from orbit, as there has been no need to fly or land there. Having a distant runway to land at means I may actually see more of the planet. Sure, I could just design a plane and pick a direction, but its more fun I to have a destination to reach, and rewards for reaching it. Perhaps they should only be unlocked by either reaching them for the first time... or alternatively earning them at when certain reputation milestones are reached for the first time. 

I am intrigued by the museum idea though. I see this however as being more of a garden. Say a pathway in part of the KSC which has the ability of displaying simple models of your craft, which you can actually drive around and look at the models.   

1 hour ago, Tourist said:

I am intrigued by the museum idea though. I see this however as being more of a garden. Say a pathway in part of the KSC which has the ability of displaying simple models of your craft, which you can actually drive around and look at the models.   

Drive around, sure. But the main idea of the museum is partially nostalgic, partially informative. For example, I would like to see mission details, screenshots, and ships from my Mun Lab missions, when I only started KSP.

Edited by 073198681

If we're suggesting buildings... I'd love to see a wind tunnel / test pool / vacuum lab, that's just a sizeable indoor building to test rovers, landers, and transfer stages. If you want gameplay value, upgrading it would make it bigger, and give you options to add/alter the roughness of the floor (water maybe only in Stage 3). It would have planetary body settings, but ONLY unlocked when you get the relevant data.

Want to test and see how your plane will fly in Duna's atmosphere? Get a pressure scan while flying at Duna. Need to see if your lander will be able to take back off? get some gravity data around the body in question. Check radiator efficiency at Ike? tempurature scans. Gives incentive to send a simpler probe ahead of your big mission, just to get that data for proper testing.

Some great ideas for different types of buildings on here.

I'm not sure that the ability to place the buildings where we want within the compound would be of enough benefit to be worth the effort to program though. I think having set buildings always in the same set places works fine for gameplay. 

On 12/18/2015 at 10:43 PM, Stargate525 said:

Want to test and see how your plane will fly in Duna's atmosphere? Get a pressure scan while flying at Duna. Need to see if your lander will be able to take back off? get some gravity data around the body in question. Check radiator efficiency at Ike? tempurature scans. Gives incentive to send a simpler probe ahead of your big mission, just to get that data for proper testing.

This seems like a good idea. It will prevent the whole "I'm done with my tech tree, so I don't need to do anymore science" type thing from occurring.

On 14/12/2015 at 7:06 PM, Torgo said:

I'd love more flexibility in placing the current facilities, and starting with a lot less than what we start with now. It really should start with a small shack and a mound of dirt. 

You mean. .

like a BARN.:D

On 12/13/2015 at 10:24 PM, 073198681 said:

That is an absolutely amazing idea. I love it.

Also, how about actual politics in the game's career mode? Nothing complicated, just some penalties for flying over other countrys' airspace, etc. That would force a player to plan his launches more carefully, and more.

That is an amazing idea, but 1 thing, how are we gonna make the countries?

Also if not added to stock, someone make a mod

On 12/18/2015 at 6:25 PM, pandaman said:

On 12/18/2015 at 10:43 PM, Stargate525 said:

If we're suggesting buildings... I'd love to see a wind tunnel / test pool / vacuum lab, that's just a sizeable indoor building to test rovers, landers, and transfer stages. If you want gameplay value, upgrading it would make it bigger, and give you options to add/alter the roughness of the floor (water maybe only in Stage 3). It would have planetary body settings, but ONLY unlocked when you get the relevant data.

TTHAT IS ANOTHER GGOD IDEA

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.