Wings poofing on approach

I have mods installed atm, but i was getting this issue before installing mods and post 1.0

On approach to the runway wings usually "poof" and vanish like they are getting destroyed, yet there are nowhere near high G forces at work, or high temperatures or speed. Usually, unless im just about to touch down on the runway, I cant avoid crashing and its really starting to hamper any missions where im returning with a spaceplane. This has happened countless times, here is just a 3 pics from the most recent happening

this time only one rear wing and aileron poofed, but previously much more poofing has commenced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/opzaxps7m7ptviu/2015-12-13_00003.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldpa39beco9wcig/2015-12-13_00004.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rukb099x97c4ccl/2015-12-13_00005.jpg?dl=0

There was a thread for this but after a quick search i could not find it. Im simply trying to shine light on this issue and wondering if any work around has been found

Edited by fireblade274

@Claw and I'm sure others would tell you that this is a well known issue.  I certainly suffer from it on and off, but very specifically recently with my Buran shuttle it's happened a number of times on de-orbit.

Best advice is to follow the guidelines and file a highly detailed report.  As this thread suggests, it's actually a pretty rare bug and not easily repeatable, so the more intricate the detail you and others experiencing the same issue provide, the higher the chance that this will go from a "yep we know that one" to "yep we can fix that".

Claw feel free to put me back in my box here :D

SM

7 hours ago, Speeding Mullet said:

Claw feel free to put me back in my box here

*shoves SM in a box*

You are indeed correct. Some people seem to suffer from this bug a lot more than others. I've flown a lot of spaceplanes and only had it once that I can remember (triangular wing on a plane) and once in orbit (solar panel on a rocket).

The only common theme seems to be triangular wing pieces, and (usually) leaving Kerbin's SOI and back without quickload.

Also, given what I know about the claw bug, I imagine this is another one of those things that depends on some tight timing. In which case that makes it extremely difficult to replicate reliably.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.