Challange: Build the single greatest Sci-Fi Fighter Craft ever built

Challenge: Build as close a representation of the VF-1 'Valkyrie' Fighter in Fighter Mode as possible.

Video: All that VF, Macross 25th Anniversary

VF-1 'Valkyrie' Variable Technology Fighter

animated-vf-1a-fighter.gif

off topic: looks like they ripped off he F-14?

on topic: well, how are we supposed to make it transform into a robot without making it into a lagfest?

I do believe the challenge is to build the fighter in fighter mode, ergo, not in robot mode.

the VF-01 is a design classic, i bildt one out of lego when i whas 10. it transformed too and fell apart a lot :-[ but its going to need a good moder to bild on, theres a lot of moveing parts.

oh just the fighter thats no fun =P

just the fighter would be easy enough. just give me a smaller rectangle and a square piece to work with. I\'ve made an f-14 scale to the cockpit before but i ran into collider hell (relaunching without returning to the base was resulted in a grand fireworks display). or i could make due with a cube like fuel tank.

in short i need more shapes and sizes to work with before i could do the 'greatest sci-fi fighter craft' any justice.

just look up my post on f-14 damned aerospace required, to see where i met limitations.

good luck on this project!! don\'t let this one die without a fight or a sweet fighter craft to show for it

Challenge: Build as close a representation of the VF-1 'Valkyrie' Fighter in Fighter Mode as possible.

Video: All that VF, Macross 25th Anniversary

VF-1 'Valkyrie' Variable Technology Fighter

animated-vf-1a-fighter.gif

I\'ve tried this for the longest, but I couldn\'t achieve sufficient results, the aerodynamics went to hell.

Granted I went for something more advanced in the VF-21 Sturmvogel & VF-19 from Macross.

I don\'t think Kerbal\'s flight physics is up to snuff for all the innate control surfaces on the jets.