Bug? Solar Panels blocked by Aero shielding (RO, RSS, RP0)

I think this is a bug, not sure to what mod it is related, or that it is a stock bug. I am playing with Realism Overhaul/Real Solar System/RP-0 (and all mods that come with it).

I'f got a vessel heading for the moon (my first one, yay!), it has alot of spare electricity and 4 big solar panels. However, the solar panels say they are being blocked by 'aero shielding' and dont provide me any electricity, allthough (as you can see in the screenshots) nothing is blocking the Panels, they even cast shadows, which means they should be providing me with electric charge.

In the meantime, is there a way to 'cheat' my electricity back? By editting it somewhere? I am fine doing this as I calculated that my panels bring me much more electricity than I would ever need.

Thanks for the help!

iIvgYBL.png

01eO6YW.png

Edited by CitizenVeen

Nope, everything looks fine for that part.  I'd suspect another mod preventing FAR from being able to finish voxelizing, which would cause the issue.  That or some other program is interfering with KSP + FAR preventing the voxelization threads from running.

4 hours ago, ferram4 said:

Nope, everything looks fine for that part.  I'd suspect another mod preventing FAR from being able to finish voxelizing, which would cause the issue.  That or some other program is interfering with KSP + FAR preventing the voxelization threads from running.

The bug remaint after a reload, but a couple of reloads later suddenly was gone.

Another question, is there any way to see what parts on a ship are draining electricity, and how much? My electricity was falling, but all parts I could identify that were draining electricity were only about 10% of what my panels were supplying me.

• 5 months later...

I am experiencing the very same issue - and this was the only post on the whole internet with keywords "blocked by aero shielding"... I have reinstalled everything, installed realism overhaul and rp0 with dependencies. Actually I haven't played for a month before this (it was all working fine), and now updated mods with CKAN and found this issue... 

As I understand your issue was solved by itself - any idea what should I do? :)

On 1/4/2016 at 0:17 AM, CitizenVeen said:

I think this is a bug, not sure to what mod it is related, or that it is a stock bug. I am playing with Realism Overhaul/Real Solar System/RP-0 (and all mods that come with it).

I'f got a vessel heading for the moon (my first one, yay!), it has alot of spare electricity and 4 big solar panels. However, the solar panels say they are being blocked by 'aero shielding' and dont provide me any electricity, allthough (as you can see in the screenshots) nothing is blocking the Panels, they even cast shadows, which means they should be providing me with electric charge.

In the meantime, is there a way to 'cheat' my electricity back? By editting it somewhere? I am fine doing this as I calculated that my panels bring me much more electricity than I would ever need.

Thanks for the help!

iIvgYBL.png

01eO6YW.png

Came to the conclusion that in my case the engines cause the issue - when I removed the RL10 and RD253 engines, the solar panels started working. But this is no solution ... I want my game back, really fed up that after a month finally I had time to play and spent 6 hours trying to debug so I could actually play... 

• 2 months later...
On 19.06.2016 at 3:34 AM, had said:

Came to the conclusion that in my case the engines cause the issue - when I removed the RL10 and RD253 engines, the solar panels started working. But this is no solution ... I want my game back, really fed up that after a month finally I had time to play and spent 6 hours trying to debug so I could actually play... 

Dude! Thank you so much for debugging it for 6 hours! Your comment helped me! I've just removed the RD253 engines from my rocket and all of the deployables now work fine!

KSP 1.1.2, RO 1.0.3.0

Edited by atomontage

• 4 months later...

Sorry for posting in such an old post, but it is indeed the only post about this issue on the net and it might be useful for others:

I found the solution for myself, open the payload bays, (even though my solar panels are not IN it but on the outside of them solved it for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 4:04 PM, Ricovandijk said:

Sorry for posting in such an old post, but it is indeed the only post about this issue on the net and it might be useful for others:

I found the solution for myself, open the payload bays, (even though my solar panels are not IN it but on the outside of them solved it for me.

Thanks, helped me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.