More than 10 action groups?

Actually, I'm pretty happy with the number of custom action groups-- 10 is plenty for me, I'd have trouble keeping more than that number straight.

What I'd like to see would be a few more specific action groups.  "Solar panels" would be a good one.  I'm not a spaceplane guy, but I've seen other folks wish loudly for a "flaps" group.

7 minutes ago, Snark said:

Actually, I'm pretty happy with the number of custom action groups-- 10 is plenty for me, I'd have trouble keeping more than that number straight.

What I'd like to see would be a few more specific action groups.  "Solar panels" would be a good one.  I'm not a spaceplane guy, but I've seen other folks wish loudly for a "flaps" group.

After just doing a big science gathering mission, I'd like to see a science action group that would fire all of the experiments. Can this be done already in a single action?

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

8 minutes ago, Snark said:

Or the ability to name action groups and see a list of them.

"Toggle all solar panels," "run all reusable science experiments," and "toggle all air intakes" as default specific action groups would be magnificent. I almost always devote custom action groups to these anyway, so at the very least it would save me a lot of clicking in the VAB/SPH.

On 2016/1/17 at 2:55 AM, Snark said:

+1 for the specific action groups

solar panel, ladder, cargo bay, docking port need specific action groups!

Hmmm... yeah... Seems like the ALT key is not keybound for anything... So maybe it wouldnt be TOO hard to add ALT+1-9,0 for 10 additional AGs...Bringing the total up to 20... ?? Myabe some could be "hard-coded" for specific things, as suggested, like solar panels, antennas, experiments... With the balance left blank for user choice just like the original 10?

Hmmm... Would that be easy to make a mod to do that?... Maybe someone should go suggest that in the development forum...??

Edited by Stone Blue

21 hours ago, AbacusWizard said:

"Toggle all solar panels," "run all reusable science experiments," and "toggle all air intakes" as default specific action groups would be magnificent. I almost always devote custom action groups to these anyway, so at the very least it would save me a lot of clicking in the VAB/SPH.

Oh my gosh. I never even thought of that and now I realize how incredibly useful that would be. I'm going to loose sleep over the fact that this isn't in the game.

I reckon that, the specific action groups for everything is not a solution:

1 - sometimes useless: at docking you want to release all of the connection of the space station?

2 - limited pieces of keys on keyboard

The Alt+, Shift+ numbers also cannot be used, as they many times used as  desktop commanding combos...

Once, I have offered a neat solution:

but at least as I see, the maximum of 10 programmable groups not annoys only me - but sincerely, I fed up with renaming vessels after each docking...

Have a nice day!

They should give an endless amount(or virtually so/auto naming etc internally) and give the ability to name them(externally) as stated above. But they should also start tieing them into the ships internals. Then you can do limits based on the buttons of the cockpit or the limits of the Drone core. Then you would have more uses for specific drone cores or cockpits. They could even set it up where you can add drone cores or stuff for extra computational abilities or macros. It could be fun to fly complex ships from the IVA. They could literally let you stick them into the buttons in the ship. Maybe one day a level of realism where you can fly totally IVA and the computers are actually using electricity and producing heat and having internal temperatures and whatnot while in space to keep kerbals alive. Or at least usable as they could simply freeze and be unusable temporarily and not die per say. Or something similar. Imagine an Apollo 10 style recover attempt in game! 8)

Edited by Arugela

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.