Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

10 minutes ago, EladDv said:

I'm Proposing a 3/4 date for the next launch, we want to expand to more launches soon and the basic craft and software are complete, the problems were KSP mod ones not lack of quality of the craft or software

Sure what time?

I can do that day when I come home from school at around 4:30 EST

Just now, Cooboo said:

Sure what time?

I can do that day when I come home from school at around 4:30 EST

it's a sunday, i am not gonna say what time but 12:00-4:00 EST is acceptable for most people i think

Just created an account to write this. I've been following this project and it was sad to hear about your scrub. Don't give up!

A question; are you still looking for payloads or do you have a ton of them waiting for launch? I'm considering creating a camera-probe for taking pictures of the back side of the moon. Re-entry and recovery on earth.

Anyway, good luck!

3 hours ago, MikaelPerrin said:

Just created an account to write this. I've been following this project and it was sad to hear about your scrub. Don't give up!

Thanks!

A question; are you still looking for payloads or do you have a ton of them waiting for launch? I'm considering creating a camera-probe for taking pictures of the back side of the moon. Re-entry and recovery on earth.

Just make sure it's built with RO.

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks!

On 1/17/2016 at 11:10 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

You need to know algebra and such. Depends on your role, if your booster then a basic understanding of chemistry, astrophysics and such will be essential. 

In short, you need to know how to calculate for launch vehicle DVs, launch angle blah blah blah. At least 12th grade or first year of college skill levels, unless your a prodigy.

I don't want to sound agist, if you can do the math feel free to join. It's simply what you'll need. I don't care how old you are, or your education. I just want YOUR best :) .

If I don't have those skills can i still participate, if I can where. I'm taking Pre-Algebra right now, I could do recovery or another free position, I could design a flexible LV, to launch 2-4 meter payloads.

Edited by Rolacume

I'll be happy to help out, maybe for manned launches I could roleplay the astronaut, but I run a mac with wineskin installed, is that okay?

I am well versed in the history of the American manned space flight program, particularly from the beginning of mercury right up to the end of the space race (Apollo - Soyuz Test Project). I could fill pretty much any spot you ask me to.

P.S BTW i'm aussie =)

Edited by MRMCNUGGET
Just thought of something

5 hours ago, MRMCNUGGET said:

I'll be happy to help out, maybe for manned launches I could roleplay the astronaut, but I run a mac with wineskin installed, is that okay?

I am well versed in the history of the American manned space flight program, particularly from the beginning of mercury right up to the end of the space race (Apollo - Soyuz Test Project). I could fill pretty much any spot you ask me to.

P.S BTW i'm aussie =)

Well you need to be well versed in astronomy and astromechanical engineering. To be the astronaut you need to have port forwarding setup so we, the mission control, can receive telemetry.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:40 PM, RoketMan said:

I can do weekdays reliably after 17:00 and weekends. I have Friday as a snow day this week, to.

Welcome aboard, we have a launch Sunday. So be ready to go.

9 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Zoo, you really need to update that list, or keep a running one on some computer.

I wonder if we could do something like the rep grand group does with automating it...

Calling @Endersmens!

*spills his cereal as he is teleported here*

Woah what? Oh hi! :D I'm not actually the one who wrote the program, and I doubt it would work so well for this, as the Rep Grand Group pulls its information directly from the forum. I'll take a look though. :) 

Just now, Endersmens said:

*spills his cereal as he is teleported here*

Woah what? Oh hi! :D I'm not actually the one who wrote the program, and I doubt it would work so well for this, as the Rep Grand Group pulls its information directly from the forum. I'll take a look though. :) 

Cool, thanks!

Just now, Endersmens said:

What list needs to be updated?

We've got a list of crew.  Is it possible to putt the information form a google doc?  Also, is the program on GitHub or something similar?  If it is, I might just fork it.

You want the list to be pulled from a google doc and put into a forum post? That's not possible without Zoo updating the page, he (and mods, but they usually don't edit other people's posts) are the only people who can edit the OP. And I'm sure the mods also wouldn't appreciate a bot just for updating posts. :huh: 

1 minute ago, Endersmens said:

You want the list to be pulled from a google doc and put into a forum post? That's not possible without Zoo updating the page, he (and mods, but they usually don't edit other people's posts) are the only people who can edit the OP. And I'm sure the mods also wouldn't appreciate a bot just for updating posts. :huh: 

OK.  We'll figure something out.  Thanks anyway!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.