Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

Ok, update on the images...

I've added:

• Launch Operations Director
  • Capsule Communicator
  • Spacecraft Communicator

I believe I now have all the positions covered with this most recent release. I am now working on the new veteran images for the program. There are some changes I will be doing for the veteran images, such as a more compact signature image (the new size is 155 x 80 pixels). It means that the new images will be this size:

YLhKGCH.png?1

I've included the link to the image repository where you'll be able to find the images you need. I will be adding the new veteran images within the next two weeks. If there is a position I've left out or an image you'd like me to do, please let me know...

It was said that the next launch is on March 26, right? Exactly what, specifically for the 3/26 launch, does the role of Recovery need to do? I *may* be able to substitute for Recovery for this launch. I make no promises, I had to bring in my computer to the Apple Store today and I don't know when I will get it back (writing in phone), I don't have RSS or RO or any other mods (save for HyperEdit, but I digress), and I don't know whether it's going to be at 10 am Mountain time or 10 am Myanmar time. If everything is fine I suppose I can help, but it's unlikely. Please don't assume I am decided on this yet.

All of that out of the way, I have three questions. One, can you tell me everything Recovery will need to have for this mission? Even the obvious stuff? Two, can you tell me everything Recovery will need to do before, during, and after the mission? Three, how long does Recovery have to actually be participating, and at what times? I must be sure.

Thanks.

P.S. By the way, how do I "mention" people (with their names in the blue rectangle with the @)? I have tried putting @(person name) in my posts and there must be something I have missed because it doesn't appear to work. 

Edited by Findthepin1
)

4 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

It was said that the next launch is on March 26, right? Exactly what, specifically for the 3/26 launch, does the role of Recovery need to do? I *may* be able to substitute for Recovery for this launch. I make no promises, I had to bring in my computer to the Apple Store today and I don't know when I will get it back (writing in phone), I don't have RSS or RO or any other mods (save for HyperEdit, but I digress), and I don't know whether it's going to be at 10 am Mountain time or 10 am Myanmar time. If everything is fine I suppose I can help, but it's unlikely. Please don't assume I am decided on this yet.

All of that out of the way, I have three questions. One, can you tell me everything Recovery will need to have for this mission? Even the obvious stuff? Two, can you tell me everything Recovery will need to do before, during, and after the mission? Three, how long does Recovery have to actually be participating, and at what times? I must be sure.

Thanks. 

pinging @ZooNamedGames for this, it's not something I know much about.

Also, we might be changing the launch time back by 1 to 2 hours. Zoo, we really need to get that sorted out. Right now, it is less than 39 hours before launch.

19 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

It's 12 PM EDT.  I can convert to your timezone for you if you like. :)

19 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

[...]

Thanks.

P.S. By the way, how do I "mention" people (with their names in the blue rectangle with the @? I have tried putting @(person name) in my posts and there must be something I have missed because it doesn't appear to work. 

Type the @, then wait for a moment.  Then start typing the first couple letters of the person's name, and select the user from the pop-up.

Like this: @Findthepin1.

Also, we haven't completed the go/no go!  I'm going to have to assume that everyone who doesn't say is go.

1 hour ago, Findthepin1 said:

Thanks.

P.S. By the way, how do I "mention" people (with their names in the blue rectangle with the @? I have tried putting @(person name) in my posts and there must be something I have missed because it doesn't appear to work. 

The launch is set for 1:30pm EST as of NOW.  

Recovery is in charge of planning and tracking of where the capsule/payload will land. As well as sending recovery forces to collect the payload/capsule and crew and return them to a naval ship or ground base. 

Your situation is noted.

Recovery will need naval ships (which can be supplied), and a VTOL to collect the capsule and crew. You need to able be able to plan with EECOM and Guido as to any burns for return. 

Recovery only actively participates in the end. Aside from the initial planning.

As to your mention aspect, refresh the page. Sometimes it breaks.

37 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

It's 12 PM EDT.  I can convert to your timezone for you if you like. :)

Type the @, then wait for a moment.  Then start typing the first couple letters of the person's name, and select the user from the pop-up.

Like this: @Findthepin1.

Also, we haven't completed the go/no go!  I'm going to have to assume that everyone who doesn't say is go.

If your not ready to go, then it's either go without, hold, or the worst case scenario, scrub the mission.

—————————————

Remember, the new launch time for Saturday has been set for 1:30 EST!!!

Also- make sure we have TestFlight this time. I want realism, and that means the chance of something possibly going wrong. No launch is ever perfect (however NASA's Atlas V launch seemed completely flawless- the ideal picture perfect launch). 

Edited by ZooNamedGames

5 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Also, we need all controllers to be at their consoles by 12:45pm EST.

I will try.  I most likely will be there at that time, but I may be a few minutes late.  Thanks to everyone for being so flexible with this!

Just now, Dman979 said:

Hey @MysteriousSteve, what time (in in-game time) are we launching? IE, 9AM at the KSC? 12PM?

We'll have to see what the time on the server is.

I've changed the time index on the game to, hopefully, be now.

Just now, Dman979 said:

it should be during the day.

We can warp to get it right. ;)

I've also done some configuration to the server to no longer ban parts.  It just accepts them.  This means no launching random vessels of your own, though.  I really don't want to be spammed with "This part is locked or unavailable"

Okay. I am able to be Recovery for this mission. I have another computer that I have right now and will have by then, and I know what time (12:45 being ready for the mission, 1:30 the mission actually starts?). I do still need to know what must be done in preparation. Like, what mods do I need installed, do I need to add people on Skype, do I need to bring the capsule back as well as the crew when they get picked up from the sea, etc.

Frankly, I think we can leave the capsule. It's probably useless after it's been used. It will have been in a vacuum, then underwent atmospheric reentry, then fall into saltwater. Regular water is bad for electronics and metal, but saltwater's worse because it corrodes stuff faster. Basically, there's not much purpose in hauling it back.

Another thing is the VTOL. It was mentioned that the crew is to be picked up with a VTOL. What is it, like a helicopter or something? I'm not really good with VTOLs. Can I get, like, a seaplane, or something? That would be much easier, especially if we don't end up needing to recover the capsule, in which case I'll just need to land on the water near the capsule, the 'naut gets out and gets on the plane, we fly off to an aircraft carrier or something. Done.

I've got basically all of tomorrow to prepare. So what do I need to do?

Edited by Findthepin1

21 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

Okay. I am able to be Recovery for this mission. I have another computer that I have right now and will have by then, and I know what time (12:45 being ready for the mission, 1:30 the mission actually starts?). I do still need to know what must be done in preparation. Like, what mods do I need installed, do I need to add people on Skype, do I need to bring the capsule back as well as the crew when they get picked up from the sea, etc.

Frankly, I think we can leave the capsule. It's probably useless after it's been used. It will have been in a vacuum, then underwent atmospheric reentry, then fall into saltwater. Regular water is bad for electronics and metal, but saltwater's worse because it corrodes stuff faster. Basically, there's not much purpose in hauling it back.

Another thing is the VTOL. It was mentioned that the crew is to be picked up with a VTOL. What is it, like a helicopter or something? I'm not really good with VTOLs. Can I get, like, a seaplane, or something? That would be much easier, especially if we don't end up needing to recover the capsule, in which case I'll just need to land on the water near the capsule, the 'naut gets out and gets on the plane, we fly off to an aircraft carrier or something. Done.

I will add you to the PM chain now. Send me your skype name and I'll add you to the skype chat.
One of the first things you'll need to plan is our landing site. We can talk more via skype.

Oh yeah, great to have you aboard!

Edited by Dman979

9 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

Yes, you need to bring back the capsule. The capsule itself is of scientific interest, which is why we need it recovered (Like Mercury/Gemini/Apollo). You need the VTOL to recover it. 

You need to move naval ships into position for recovery, plan where the capsule will land. As well as apparently practicing flying VTOLs. That's what needs to be done on your end.

11 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

link?

I got it.  

vbah69s.png

You know, I just realized that it says ZooNamed...

EDIT:

Let me edit it...

OK, I did the best I could in such short notice:

uPQi0Ir.png

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.