Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Better than nothing- to the OP with it.

Make sure to credit Adsii1970, and say that I edited it (Required with Crative Commons)

22 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

[...]

Another thing is the VTOL. It was mentioned that the crew is to be picked up with a VTOL. What is it, like a helicopter or something? I'm not really good with VTOLs. Can I get, like, a seaplane, or something? That would be much easier, especially if we don't end up needing to recover the capsule, in which case I'll just need to land on the water near the capsule, the 'naut gets out and gets on the plane, we fly off to an aircraft carrier or something. Done.

I've got basically all of tomorrow to prepare. So what do I need to do?

I suggest using a heli, and testing it lots.  I can whip something up myself if you'd like. :)

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Better than nothing- to the OP with it.

Yep, I was not apprised of the change in astronaut name... Guess I need to pay better attention, but if you'd like, I can still do an edit of it...

Just let me know.

47 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Please. I was to make one but I'm fried atm.

I've got one - it uses a couple of mods, Firespitter and STX...

3 minutes ago, RoketMan said:

Is this going to be live streaming? If so, where can I find the live stream? 

Hi! Yes, this will be livestreamed.

https://www.twitch.tv/cliftonm

It's also on the OP, too.

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Yep, I was not apprised of the change in astronaut name... Guess I need to pay better attention, but if you'd like, I can still do an edit of it...

Just let me know.

Hi again! If you want to, you can change the name. You've already done a lot, and we all really appreciate it. I doubt the chopper will work, though, unless it's built in RO.

Edited by Dman979

1 minute ago, RoketMan said:

So, it will start like, Thirty minutes to launch, right?

All mission controllers will be at their stations by 12:45. The stream will start around then, too. If you're there at T-30m, you won't miss too much, and nothing important.

17 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Just let me know.

Try to make it as stock as possible, as well as compatible with RO. 

The less mods the better, we already had too many issues with mods and this guy.

Just now, adsii1970 said:

snfkEAh.png?1

Updated image for your amusement...

I'll replace the one on the op when I wake up.

Woah... I wont be able to launch the 26th

I was ready for the 2nd of april

I really want to help, but there is no way I can change my schedule around this quickly, and I have a full day

Edited by Cooboo

15 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Alright, I'm not going to get the heli to work.  I need someone else to do it.

Must we use a helicopter? It's difficult to fly, it's difficult to hover, it's difficult to pick stuff out of the ocean with a helicopter (and we do want to bring back the capsule)... A boat would be better. What's it for, recovery? I'm in charge of that for this mission. And I can't pilot a helicopter.

If you can build a boat that can go to, attach to/capture, and return the capsule and the 'naut, that'd be great. Thanks!

Edited by Findthepin1

8 hours ago, Findthepin1 said:

Must we use a helicopter? It's difficult to fly, it's difficult to hover, it's difficult to pick stuff out of the ocean with a helicopter (and we do want to bring back the capsule)... A boat would be better. What's it for, recovery? I'm in charge of that for this mission. And I can't pilot a helicopter.

If you can build a boat that can go to, attach to/capture, and return the capsule and the 'naut, that'd be great. Thanks!

Id try to make you an aircraft, but im tired as truck and away from my KSP computer

8 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

I think that part of the problem is that we don't know exactly where we'll be landing. :)

Do we have any drag models?

If we must, we can sim the recovery, however, we still need to plan the location site. We're after an ocean landing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.