Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

I should be under. Just the OKTO probe, 2 static solar panels, and two antennae.

Does it include RemoteTech?  If so, I'll need to download it.

2 hours ago, CliftonM said:

I'm fine with any week day after 2:30, or all day won weekends, just not before 12:00 on Saturday.  I can set us up a DMP server for the time being.

Anyone who can go onto the IRC at the moment, please go there now.

Are those times and dates UTC?

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

4:00pm EST for me on the week days and open pretty much whenever on the weekends. 

Im ok with you hosting, since theres no need to stream, just record. In fact, it would be nice if you could duplicate those two and make a normal video of all events, and also a video cut up and make a fancy commercial for us so we can attract even more (if not make us famous)(jk :P:) ) attention.

4:00 PM EST until when? 

Has the person who will by flying the LV test-flown it yet?

Hey @ZooNamedGames,

We don't need a ton of relays for this. Remotetech installs a bunch of locations around the globe, so we don't need to set up coverage for everywhere. We can plan around the gaps, and set up nodes and commands if we need to. We can also use KOS.

If you want me to set up relays, though, I can do that.

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Hey @ZooNamedGames,

We don't need a ton of relays for this. Remotetech installs a bunch of locations around the globe, so we don't need to set up coverage for everywhere. We can plan around the gaps, and set up nodes and commands if we need to. We can also use KOS.

If you want me to set up relays, though, I can do that.

Just cover me for the OI when that occurs, as well as crossing the atlantic, aside from that, we'll be fine.

One change to my payload; since it has no onboard stabilization, I want to have an additional stage built for it consisting solely of two mini SRBs (like sepotrons) to spin it shortly before release so it can be spin stabilized.

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

OI?

Orbital Insertion.

15 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

One change to my payload; since it has no onboard stabilization, I want to have an additional stage built for it consisting solely of two mini SRBs (like sepotrons) to spin it shortly before release so it can be spin stabilized.

[...]

I think I can make that, if I can have the LV and payload DLs.

For a tentative launch date: the 20th, between 19:00 and 21:00 UTC?

23 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

That might work. I'll need to double check this, but it might work.

@ZooNamedGames, it normally takes about 11 minutes to get to orbit, in one almost-continuous burn. I don't think we'll have a high enough TWR to need to make an OI.

Also, if you can make the payload+spin package at most 2 tonnes, we can use the second booster build by Joco. If not, we'll need to bump up to the 10 tonne lifter.

9 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Whats that in EST?

9 hours ago, Dman979 said:

That might work. I'll need to double check this, but it might work.

@ZooNamedGames, it normally takes about 11 minutes to get to orbit, in one almost-continuous burn. I don't think we'll have a high enough TWR to need to make an OI.

Also, if you can make the payload+spin package at most 2 tonnes, we can use the second booster build by Joco. If not, we'll need to bump up to the 10 tonne lifter.

lets try not to, can we add some SRBs to the LV to account for being slightly above weight?

As to the OI, I want to perform one as a test for us so we can see how we do on a mid mission burn. We can use it to make a more round orbit. Closer to 150km x150km. 

Also if all are ok with that launch date mentioned, then would you mind setting the clock CliftonM?

[as a note] The only reasons I have not volunteered to do a real role is because my computer would close its lid, shoot out some smoke, and then walk itself into the Ohio River. I can barely play a slim-modded version of KSP at 30 FPS. The other big problem is that my schedule this semester is pretty full between teaching seven classes, Bible studies, chores, and family responsibilities.

I'm hoping to upgrade by May or June - and if I do, I will be more than happy to help out more in the summer semester.

Am so glad this is going to get off the ground, so to speak! Keep it up, y'all!

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

[as a note] The only reasons I have not volunteered to do a real role is because my computer would close its lid, shoot out some smoke, and then walk itself into the Ohio River. I can barely play a slim-modded version of KSP at 30 FPS. The other big problem is that my schedule this semester is pretty full between teaching seven classes, Bible studies, chores, and family responsibilities.

I'm hoping to upgrade by May or June - and if I do, I will be more than happy to help out more in the summer semester.

Am so glad this is going to get off the ground, so to speak! Keep it up, y'all!

We understand.

We hope it goes well too :) !!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.