Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

@ZooNamedGames - Snip your email so you don't get this:

Spam-Can.jpg

Regarding the issue of admin stuffs.  I've set up an account on my server which will always be on, but I won't be able to restore privileges if you go onto it.  I trust other people not to screw with it though.  We technically don't need admins, but whatever.

BTW: 1200th post.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Well, looks like I need to send my schedule over. When do you want it to end?

For now, since we don't have enough members for a launch, just the parts of your schedule that are mostly the same every week. 
When we get more members, I'll suggest a couple of launch dates and poll people on whether they can do them.

4 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

For now, since we don't have enough members for a launch, just the parts of your schedule that are mostly the same every week. 
When we get more members, I'll suggest a couple of launch dates and poll people on whether they can do them.

Do you have anyone from AMRSD who could do it?

Also, I wish we still had the streaming calendar. ;.;

EDIT:

@Mad Rocket Scientist - would you be able to double for one of the other roles?

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Do you have anyone from AMRSD who could do it?

Also, I wish we still had the streaming calendar. ;.;

EDIT:

@Mad Rocket Scientist - would you be able to double for one of the other roles?

I'll PM the AMRSD members.

I'm afraid I won't be able to, sorry.

Also, whenever I try to talk on #RSPofficial, I get a message saying that I'm not voiced. 

28 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

However long it takes to hop into geo sync.

So, from my launches-

About 7-15 min to LEO. About 25-75 min to GTO burn (at AN/DN). ~360 min to GSO/GEO insertion burn. ~12 hours for fine-tuning (optional).

So 392 to 450 minutes in real time. That's about a quarter of a day, when most of it is coasting. We might have to do some speed up, in order to get everyone together, as that's a significant amount of time.

17 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

So, from my launches-

About 7-15 min to LEO. About 25-75 min to GTO burn (at AN/DN). ~360 min to GSO/GEO insertion burn. ~12 hours for fine-tuning (optional).

So 392 to 450 minutes in real time. That's about a quarter of a day, when most of it is coasting. We might have to do some speed up, in order to get everyone together, as that's a significant amount of time.

I think we should use time warp, but only at around the first click.

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

So, from my launches-

Here's what I suggest:

We schedule 2 hours, and timewarp between all burns. 

Here's how it might beak down:

• 30 minutes of pre-launch prep
  • 10 minutes of proper countdown
  • 15 minutes to LEO
  • Timewarp
  • 15 minutes for GTO burn (countdown, prep)
  • Timewarp
  • 15 minutes for GEO insertion burn
  • 15 minutes for spacecraft deploy
  • 15 minutes of buffer.

Just now, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Here's how it might beak down:

• 30 minutes of pre-launch prep
  • 10 minutes of proper countdown
  • 15 minutes to LEO
  • Timewarp
  • 15 minutes for GTO burn (countdown, prep)
  • Timewarp
  • 15 minutes for GEO insertion burn
  • 15 minutes for spacecraft deploy
  • 15 minutes of buffer.

I like this idea, but we should dedicate the RSP server so stuff travels in real-time. If it's an interplanetary mission we can go a few clicks up.

I've worked out a solution for the ability to use time warp.  Basically, once anyone goes into warp, everyone does.  It's part of the DMP server settings which I've been working on:

# Lines starting with hashtags are ignored by the reader
# Setting file format: (key)=(value)
#
# Invalid values will be reset to default
#

# address - The address the server listens on.
# # WARNING: You do not need to change this unless you are running 2 servers on the same port.
# # Changing this setting from 0.0.0.0 will only give you trouble if you aren't running multiple servers.
# # Change this setting to :: to listen on IPv4 and IPv6.
address=::

# port - The port the server listens on.
port=6702

# warpMode - Specify the warp type.
#
# Valid values are:
#   MCW_FORCE
#   MCW_VOTE
#   MCW_LOWEST
#   SUBSPACE_SIMPLE
#   SUBSPACE
#   NONE
warpMode=MCW_FORCE

# gameMode - Specify the game type.
#
# Valid values are:
#   SANDBOX
#   SCIENCE
#   CAREER
gameMode=SANDBOX

# gameDifficulty - Specify the gameplay difficulty of the server.
#
# Valid values are:
#   EASY
#   NORMAL
#   MODERATE
#   HARD
#   CUSTOM
gameDifficulty=NORMAL

# whitelisted - Enable white-listing.
whitelisted=False

# modControl - Enable mod control.
# # WARNING: Only consider turning off mod control for private servers.
# # The game will constantly complain about missing parts if there are missing mods.
#
# Valid values are:
#   DISABLED
#   ENABLED_STOP_INVALID_PART_SYNC
#   ENABLED_STOP_INVALID_PART_LAUNCH
modControl=ENABLED_STOP_INVALID_PART_LAUNCH

# keepTickingWhileOffline - Specify if the the server universe 'ticks' while nobody is connected or the server is shut down.
keepTickingWhileOffline=True

# sendPlayerToLatestSubspace - If true, sends the player to the latest subspace upon connecting. If false, sends the player to the previous subspace they were in.
# # NOTE: This may cause time-paradoxes, and will not work across server restarts.
sendPlayerToLatestSubspace=True

# useUTCTimeInLog - Use UTC instead of system time in the log.
useUTCTimeInLog=False

# logLevel - Minimum log level.
#
# Valid values are:
#   DEBUG
#   INFO
#   CHAT
#   ERROR
#   FATAL
logLevel=DEBUG

# screenshotsPerPlayer - Specify maximum number of screenshots to save per player. -1 = None, 0 = Unlimited
screenshotsPerPlayer=20

# screenshotHeight - Specify vertical resolution of screenshots.
screenshotHeight=720

# cheats - Enable use of cheats in-game.
cheats=False

# httpPort - HTTP port for server status. 0 = Disabled
httpPort=0

# serverName - Name of the server.
serverName=RSP Server

# maxPlayers - Maximum amount of players that can join the server.
maxPlayers=20

# screenshotDirectory - Specify a custom screenshot directory.
# #This directory must exist in order to be used. Leave blank to store it in Universe.
screenshotDirectory=

# autoNuke - Specify in minutes how often /nukeksc automatically runs. 0 = Disabled
autoNuke=0

# autoDekessler - Specify in minutes how often /dekessler automatically runs. 0 = Disabled
autoDekessler=0

# numberOfAsteroids - How many untracked asteroids to spawn into the universe. 0 = Disabled
numberOfAsteroids=10

# consoleIdentifier - Specify the name that will appear when you send a message using the server's console.
consoleIdentifier=Server

# serverMotd - Specify the server's MOTD (message of the day).
serverMotd=Welcome, %name%!

# expireScreenshots - Specify the amount of days a screenshot should be considered as expired and deleted. 0 = Disabled
expireScreenshots=0

# compressionEnabled - Specify whether to enable compression. Decreases bandwidth usage but increases CPU usage. 0 = Disabled
compressionEnabled=True

# expireLogs - Specify the amount of days a log file should be considered as expired and deleted. 0 = Disabled
expireLogs=0

# safetyBubbleDistance - Specify the minimum distance in which vessels can interact with eachother at the launch pad and runway
safetyBubbleDistance=1

Note that I have basically removed the safety bubble, as we're not likely to have consecutive flights.  (As in multiple people flying over the KSC)

Also note that # is a comment.

Edited by Guest

Since this thread hasn't had much activity, and I don't want this to die, I think we should try to do a launch ASAP, even if we don't have enough members. 

In related news, I've made a spreadsheet, a better way of tracking when members can or can't do it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a_1wJ__kjNWw0SzEcl3PE8eTo2Cdx6PawNl4hYD8V_A/edit?usp=sharing

And I still need info about when you're available every week from:

@ZooNamedGames
@Dman979
@MysteriousSteve
@CliftonM
@Gaarst

I don't care how you get this info to me, you don't need to edit anything, you can just PM me on the forums, but I will need this info at some point.

5 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Alright, I'll provide a mini cube sat for us to deploy into LEO here soon as a test, and I want at least BOOSTER, POO and Guido, we can call the other roles unessential but if those roles can be filled by someone then that's awesome.

That sounds perfect!  I figure that once we've got one launch to show, we'll get more people.

I'm fine with any week day after 2:30, or all day won weekends, just not before 12:00 on Saturday.  I can set us up a DMP server for the time being.

Anyone who can go onto the IRC at the moment, please go there now.

1 minute ago, CliftonM said:

I'm fine with any week day after 2:30, or all day won weekends, just not before 12:00 on Saturday.  I can set us up a DMP server for the time being.

4:00pm EST for me on the week days and open pretty much whenever on the weekends. 

Im ok with you hosting, since theres no need to stream, just record. In fact, it would be nice if you could duplicate those two and make a normal video of all events, and also a video cut up and make a fancy commercial for us so we can attract even more (if not make us famous)(jk :P:) ) attention.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.