Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

2 minutes ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

I will see what my computer can handle. 4 gigs of ddr3 can only do but so much. And not to add the Intel i5 with only .5 gigs of dedicated graphics. I will do some tests. 

Yeah, you should upgrade a little, 4GB of DDR3 RAM is about $20 and a 2GB graphics card shouldn't be much over $140, but there are better. I run RSS/RO really nice with a setup similar, and I use Linux which is recommended for using lots of mods. Or the 64-bit workaround for Windows, or just wait for 1.1, but that may be a month or more away.

My little Mac can run some mods. These might push it to the limit Zoo. If it's a no go for the mods and my computer, I will have to wait until June to be able to help. 

Ayeeee Dman! Long time no see!

2 minutes ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

Everytime y'all say 

I think you're talking about Dance Dance Revolution.

Not even. It is simi good for light gaming with a 2 part craft. 

Just now, WellItExplodedAgain said:

My little Mac can run some mods. These might push it to the limit Zoo. If it's a no go for the mods and my computer, I will have to wait until June to be able to help. 

I'm running a Mac, too, but it's sssssllllllloooooowwww.

If you decide to join, you wouldn't need to run KSP during the launches. You would need a web browser, an internet connection, skype, a graphing calculator, paper and pen, and basic math skills for in-flight calculations.

Just now, Dman979 said:

I'm running a Mac, too, but it's sssssllllllloooooowwww.

If you decide to join, you wouldn't need to run KSP during the launches. You would need a web browser, an internet connection, skype, a graphing calculator, paper and pen, and basic math skills for in-flight calculations.

I can do that easy. On the other hand, remember the naming incident with just 5 people? Imagine that times 5. 

3 minutes ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

On the other hand, remember the naming incident with just 5 people? Imagine that times 5. 

No, I don't. Reminder?

Also, which role would you be interested in? We have EECOM and FAO available. EECOM needs to calculate life-support and related things, which is a very important role that we're missing.

Edited by Dman979

1 minute ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

Whoever becomes EECOM should plan it out so the pilot runs out of oxygen the exact second of splashdown. That would be impressive.

Well, almost. We can't plan that precisely, but if we give 30 minutes leeway I think that's good enough for government work, in case something goes wrong. I think it'll be pretty accurate anyway, because we'll calculate the flight plan and burn times way ahead of schedule, and then recheck them over and over.

Just now, Dman979 said:

Well, almost. We can't plan that precisely, but if we give 30 minutes leeway I think that's good enough for government work, in case something goes wrong. I think it'll be pretty accurate anyway, because we'll calculate the flight plan and burn times way ahead of schedule, and then recheck them over and over.

Not as amazing, but alright :P

8 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Well, having the kerbal die only 100 meters from the ocean would be not amazing. Besides, we want to get mass to a minimum, so calculations galore.

Well they don't need oxygen under 0.5 atmospheres, so maybe an hour of buffer for oxygen. I'll plan for 4 hours in orbit in case anything goes sideways.

1 minute ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

Bah. He wouldn't die. He'd run out of oxygen on splashdown, but then could just open the hatch and breathe delicious ocean air.

No is a no. Life support is trippled for redundancy. Remember space shuttle Columbia? If they had enough life support they could of been rescued from space. 

Zoo, add kerbpaint to the mods list. We should use it to make the booster and second stage colored correctly. 

8 minutes ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

Bah. He wouldn't die. He'd run out of oxygen on splashdown, but then could just open the hatch and breathe delicious ocean air.

What if I carried a number wrong? Oops ZooNamed Kerman died of suffocation. Imagine what would happen? Everyone would be silent for a second then start screaming. 

2 minutes ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

Zoo, add kerbpaint to the mods list. We should use it to make the booster and second stage colored correctly. 

What if I carried a number wrong? Oops ZooNamed Kerman died of suffocation. Imagine what would happen? Everyone would be silent for a second then start screaming. 

Then that'd be unfortunate, but the real ZooNamed would be okay.

Look, this was all just a suggestion for a fun math and teamwork exercise. It's completely up to you, I have absolutely no sway on anything this thread does except the cheers. 

4 minutes ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

We'll see about Kerbpaint, have they updated it? Last time I used it, it slowed my KSP to a micro crawl. (1 frame per week). If it's been fixed, then sure.

As to the LS issue, we are having redundant LS. This is in case of failure of some sort. Would it be a good challenge? Sure, but let's leave that to the Challenge subsection.

21 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

We'll see about Kerbpaint, have they updated it? Last time I used it, it slowed my KSP to a micro crawl. (1 frame per week). If it's been fixed, then sure.

As to the LS issue, we are having redundant LS. This is in case of failure of some sort. Would it be a good challenge? Sure, but let's leave that to the Challenge subsection.

Sounds like a good idea. I am not sure if it updated yet but if it is then its a definite must have mod. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.