Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

1 hour ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

Zoo, add kerbpaint to the mods list. We should use it to make the booster and second stage colored correctly. 

What if I carried a number wrong? Oops ZooNamed Kerman died of suffocation. Imagine what would happen? Everyone would be silent for a second then start screaming. 

Nope, we'd just do a F9 to bring him back... :cool:

3 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

There are patches for Kerbpaint but aren't we using Procedural Parts? Those have a lot of colors, too.

I could see about putting together a texture pack for it.  Maybe @GregroxMun would be good with this.  It's mostly what he's into.

4 hours ago, WellItExplodedAgain said:

No. I am having a day and a half of O2 for redundancy. You may not like it but I'm not going to have a crew member die. 

Yes, I agree.  Double or triple redundancy on all critical systems.

Oh, and this PDF is useful: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjlw9rI_JDLAhVQw2MKHaqDBf8QFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fscience.ksc.nasa.gov%2Fhistory%2Fmercury%2Fma-6%2Fdocs%2Fma-6-results.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFxKRLGEdwjyJARCUXvlZkLiPe8gQ&sig2=O2EUQOWt6H9hGPYz404oSg

Make sure to add redundancy to the self destruct module on the booster.  Add it to the booster, not the pod.  The plan for self destruct is to decouple the command pod while activating the launch escape system, self destructing the booster at the same time.  The self destruct feature waits 5 seconds, then destroy it.  The abort action group should have decouple, LES, and self destruct.

I misspoke about the overlay.  The thing that I said is the time, is actually the status of the mission.  (Nominal, successful, failure)  The timer is going to be on the right side instead.  

Ok, folks, at the request of @ZooNamedGames, I have created the signature images for two new positions for the next mission: the Flight Activities Officer (FAO) and Electrical, Environmental and Consumables Manager (EECOM). In the process, I decided to provide the images slightly smaller AND with the correct NASA title of the position, where possible. Right now, all I have completed are the rookie (white) text versions. The veteran versions will be out later this week. For now on, when it comes to the images, I will not be spreading them all over this thread as I have done in the past. To keep the post count down and to make them easier to find, they will all be stored here:

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

It means another part mod :/

It my have a lot, but it's pretty small.

Also, you can delete the DLL's from it and still be able to have the parts.  Saves memory.

2 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Well, I can try to add it, and we'll see how it goes.

I'll show you some Mac tricks.  I manage to run RO fine on my relatively underspeced Mac Mini..  Get this app called iBoostUp from the Mac App store, run cleanups, and the memory booster before running KSP.  Also, open up the activity monitor an close unnecessary background precesses.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, CliftonM said:

Make sure to add redundancy to the self destruct module on the booster.  Add it to the booster, not the pod.  The plan for self destruct is to decouple the command pod while activating the launch escape system, self destructing the booster at the same time.  The self destruct feature waits 5 seconds, then destroy it.  The abort action group should have decouple, LES, and self destruct.

Yeah, it'd be unfortunate to obliterate the pilot when things start to go wrong.

1 minute ago, MysteriousSteve said:

You need to add clouds dude!

I know, but I don't have enough RAM.  It crashes a lot with them.

I'm going to try to get it to work, though.

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.