Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

10 minutes ago, Cooboo said:

I've got it all! I'm already on the skype group and in your google docs stuff, I play RSS-RO all the time in KSP as the base game got boring so I have a couple hundred hours under my belt. 

Thanks for having me

Wonderful! I'm adding you to the PM thread now.

16 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Whoops, OK, I'd just like the main job for Payload Operations.

Gewd Internet: Within a week n a half, I promise
Microphone: Perfect
Mathz: It suffices for this stuff

So yeah, I'd like to apply formally for the Job of Payload Operations Officer.

Do you have RSS/RO and all the other assorted mods needed?

@ZooNamedGames, you need to add Flight Activities Officer and Capcom to the OP. (We could say that FAO and POO are the same, though.)

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

Do you have RSS/RO and all the other assorted mods needed?

@ZooNamedGames, you need to add Flight Activities Officer and Capcom to the OP. (We could say that FAO and POO are the same, though.)

I'll add it soon. I agree, FAO and POO are identical, so just make them the same person.

2 minutes ago, Findthepin1 said:

Is it fair to remove Mods O Joy from the program? They were banned from the forums, I don't know why, but I doubt it had anything to do with the program. They can still communicate with us through the document, there's a little comments thingy on the right beside the page they can use.

Unfortunately, they also resigned.  This is the exact text from the PM I received.

Hey CliftonM, Its me Mods_o_joy, i had to create a new account so i could tell you to tell ZNG To take me off of the RSP thread Guido role.

Edited by Guest
Formatting...

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

Payload Operations Officer (Payload), or POO.

I just realized that that might become a bad acronym...  Who's POO now?

It looks like we are just looking for a CAPCOM and a backup Booster.

If you want to be CAPCOM, you need to be able to listen to two conversations at once, perhaps even three, and talk to someone and relay the important information to them. You will need skype, a good microphone and headset, and the standard install for this program. It might also be helpful if you are able to do port forwarding, because you might be called upon to fly the rocket if ZooNamedGames cannot get his set up.

Im interested in joining, but am wondering what being a backup booster would entail. I probably could be a CAPCOM, but my headset has been experiencing... issues.

Would love to be a part of this though.

13 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

Im interested in joining, but am wondering what being a backup booster would entail. I probably could be a CAPCOM, but my headset has been experiencing... issues.

Would love to be a part of this though.

Booster is the station in charge of monitoring the launch vehicle from pad rollout until vehicle destruction or recovery. You would need to monitor acceleration, speed, altitude, and other related telemetry through Telemachus and report the information to the flight director. Right now, I am Flight Director and ZooNamedGames is the astronaut, but if he cannot get his port forwarding set up, he goes back to FD and I go back to Booster. (But if someone else can't do CAPCOM, I could go CAPCOM and they could take Booster.)

1 minute ago, Dman979 said:

Booster is the station in charge of monitoring the launch vehicle from pad rollout until vehicle destruction or recovery. You would need to monitor acceleration, speed, altitude, and other related telemetry through Telemachus and report the information to the flight director. Right now, I am Flight Director and ZooNamedGames is the astronaut, but if he cannot get his port forwarding set up, he goes back to FD and I go back to Booster. (But if someone else can't do CAPCOM, I could go CAPCOM and they could take Booster.)

I think I could probably get booster, however since you said backup booster would that mean I only am booster if someone else doesn't show up or am I a backup as in working alongside?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.