Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

Just now, Sequinox said:

The twitch link doesn't seem to be working. Am I missing something?

It's been removed automatically, which is normal.  I will upload it to YouTube when I get the chance.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Remember guys, we've shifted from 4/2 to 3/26, the Saturday before so that our astronaut can be there.

Noted.

Ok here's a series of announcements about the program.

First off- a new rule for mission controller chat.

No music is to play in your microphone's background.

This is to prevent possible copyright issues, to keep the audio clear for CliftonM to use in his final cut video and the last reason is to keep the audio traffic clear so we can hear each other. However, I will host through Steam a radio channel which will play various songs while we wait for the slower portions of the mission. If you plan on listening, please PM me 3 links to three Youtube videos of songs you would like to hear. The songs will be shuffled in my playlist and played randomly for entertainment. Should it become an audio problem, it will be ended.

Also, I will type up a basic Event Planner for both manned and unmanned flights. I haven't yet because I have kept trying to do too large of a project, but cutting it down to just what happens, it will be easier for me. Expect it by Wednesday.

You've heard me mention the mission control rotation system, and I have a basic line up as to how it will work. There will be four teams, Gold, Silver, Red and Blue. Each of the four teams are in groups of two (Gold/Silver and Red/Blue). Every mission will rotate groups (Gold/Silver is Group A, Red/Blue is Group B). The follow-up in a team will be the back-up team, should the prime team not be ready. Should one member of the prime team not be available, a back-up crew member will take their place.

This will be in use starting after this launch (and once we have enough to form at least one other complete mission control team).

Next up is our plan for the following launches.

GeoSat-Com: A standard communication satellite to be placed in geosynchronous orbit above Earth.

CubeSat1-8- Deployment of 8 Cubesats in varying orbits.

LunaX- Landing of a probe on the surface of the moon.

DeepCore- Launch of a probe to pass by at least 2 gas giants and leave the Sol SOI (Voyager alike).

SatCom- Charity Livestream, while part of a charity livestream, we will launch 3 probes into LEO. For every $100 dollars donated, we will launch another probe. Note, I would like as many members to there for this event, however after an hour or two, we will only require 3 mission control members. We will hopefully have implemented the crew rotation system by this time so we can continue as long as possible without straining our teams.

Orion- A lunar rover to be deployed near Mare Tranquilitis, and move to a designated site to research (TBD).

CelestialSphere1- A probe to be placed in very low Earth orbit (100km-100km) for research of the high Earth atmosphere.

Lastly on my list of topics, I would like to ask if the team would agree to use two new mods, KerbalKrashSystem and N.A.N.A. Wildfires. KerbalKrashSystem warps parts according to damage they may take, as well as cause leaks, which in the event of any failure, could lead to a leak or deformation of part of the launcher or payload. N.A.N.A. is similar, it adds the possibility of parts catching fire should they scrap other parts/ground, overheating, or being near a exploding part. Each of these add to the realism in ways that (as far as I am aware of) TestFlight alone cannot. However, we will not use them until you, the team decide whether or not to use them.

That's all I have for now.

8 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Ok here's a series of announcements about the program.

First off- a new rule for mission controller chat.

No music is to play in your microphone's background.

This is to prevent possible copyright issues, to keep the audio clear for CliftonM to use in his final cut video and the last reason is to keep the audio traffic clear so we can hear each other. However, I will host through Steam a radio channel which will play various songs while we wait for the slower portions of the mission. If you plan on listening, please PM me 3 links to three Youtube videos of songs you would like to hear. The songs will be shuffled in my playlist and played randomly for entertainment. Should it become an audio problem, it will be ended.

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Lastly on my list of topics, I would like to ask if the team would agree to use two new mods, KerbalKrashSystem and N.A.N.A. Wildfires. KerbalKrashSystem warps parts according to damage they may take, as well as cause leaks, which in the event of any failure, could lead to a leak or deformation of part of the launcher or payload. N.A.N.A. is similar, it adds the possibility of parts catching fire should they scrap other parts/ground, overheating, or being near a exploding part. Each of these add to the realism in ways that (as far as I am aware of) TestFlight alone cannot. However, we will not use them until you, the team decide whether or not to use them.

KKS likely should wait until it has reached a more final state.  I've been following (and contributing slightly to) the development of it.  It's still pretty buggy ATM, so we really shouldn't use it until they have mostly been worked out.  N.A.N.A. is definitely a good idea, but we might want to do some slight tweaks to it for our specific use.  One thing I'm worried about is the how these will interact on multiplayer.  I'll do some testing.

12 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

SatCom- Charity Livestream, while part of a charity livestream, we will launch 3 probes into LEO. For every $100 dollars donated, we will launch another probe. Note, I would like as many members to there for this event, however after an hour or two, we will only require 3 mission control members. We will hopefully have implemented the crew rotation system by this time so we can continue as long as possible without straining our teams.

I'm good with that.  I could set up TwitchAlerts with the donation ticker.

10 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

[Awesome stuff, snipped from both sides]

You've heard me mention the mission control rotation system, and I have a basic line up as to how it will work. There will be four teams, Gold, Silver, Red and Blue. Each of the four teams are in groups of two (Gold/Silver and Red/Blue). Every mission will rotate groups (Gold/Silver is Group A, Red/Blue is Group B). The follow-up in a team will be the back-up team, should the prime team not be ready. Should one member of the prime team not be available, a back-up crew member will take their place.

This will be in use starting after this launch (and once we have enough to form at least one other complete mission control team).

So, I have a question about how scheduling will work with teams: should we have different schedulers for each team?  I'm leaning towards yes, since the less people to schedule, the easier. 

9 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

KKS likely should wait until it has reached a more final state.  I've been following (and contributing slightly to) the development of it.  It's still pretty buggy ATM, so we really shouldn't use it until they have mostly been worked out.  N.A.N.A. is definitely a good idea, but we might want to do some slight tweaks to it for our specific use.  One thing I'm worried about is the how these will interact on multiplayer.  I'll do some testing.

I'm good with that.  I could set up TwitchAlerts with the donation ticker.

Fair enough. You just let me know when KKS is stable enough for us and keep me informed on the status of NANA.

6 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

So, I have a question about how scheduling will work with teams: should we have different schedulers for each team?  I'm leaning towards yes, since the less people to schedule, the easier. 

As long as we have someone, we can have different schedulers.

Also, very very very important question.

How's the new profile pic?

I think we should use AutoRove for the rover, and I will finish up the capsule today. Please spam Skype for me so I remember and I'll try to keep my friends at bay when they want to play something else. I must not procrastinate! Oh, science homework? I can do that later.

Hm, this seems pretty cool. I don't know enough space knowledge at the moment to be super extreme useful, but if you could put me in the rotation for head civilian that would be cool :P

But hey, I could learn on the job, so yeah. I'm not at a preschool level math, I'm in calc.

2 hours ago, Sequinox said:

I have just submitted my payload suggestion. ;)

If an launch vehicle engineer is needed, I'm willing to join the team.

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Any engineers are desire :) .

Also, make sure to be using RO to build it.  It's important!

6 hours ago, Sequinox said:

If an launch vehicle engineer is needed, I'm willing to join the team.

Hi Sequinox!

I'm Dman979, Booster Systems Engineer. I'm in charge of collating and managing all the launch vehicles, as well as issuing specifications, mating payloads to boosters, and managing the console during launches.

Right now, we could use a dedicated 3 tonne lifter. It must have a core stage radius of 2 meters, and be able to lift 3 tonnes to a 28o 180x180km orbit from Cape Canaveral Space Center. It can't exceed more than 3G during launch, because this is for a manned capsule. Ideally, this should be a 2 stage launcher, excluding any boosters (maximum of 1 strap on booster staging event). All engines should be liquid fueled. Obviously, you will need to use the standard RO/RSS install, but you may also use Ven's Stock Revamp, Procedural Parts, and Procedural Fairings. Any other mods should be cleared with me and ZooNamedGames before use.

"It can't exceed more than 3G during launch, because this is for a manned capsule"

Sorry to barge in, but I think that's asking a bit much, isn't it?. Mercury-Atlas pulled over 7 g's. 

Edit: Never mind, sorry. Not my place to critique the designated specs and I don't know where I got the impression this was a historical thing :P

Edited by Motokid600

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

Hi Sequinox!

I'm Dman979, Booster Systems Engineer. I'm in charge of collating and managing all the launch vehicles, as well as issuing specifications, mating payloads to boosters, and managing the console during launches.

Right now, we could use a dedicated 3 tonne lifter. It must have a core stage radius of 2 meters, and be able to lift 3 tonnes to a 28o 180x180km orbit from Cape Canaveral Space Center. It can't exceed more than 3G during launch, because this is for a manned capsule. Ideally, this should be a 2 stage launcher, excluding any boosters (maximum of 1 strap on booster staging event). All engines should be liquid fueled. Obviously, you will need to use the standard RO/RSS install, but you may also use Ven's Stock Revamp, Procedural Parts, and Procedural Fairings. Any other mods should be cleared with me and ZooNamedGames before use.

Alright, I'll begin work on it soon. Thanks for responding.

May I ask where I can submit the completed vehicle?

Just now, Sequinox said:

Alright, I'll begin work on it soon. Thanks for responding.

May I ask where I can submit the completed vehicle?

Send it to me. If it's done soon, we might be able to use it in the next launch. If not, we'll design a program for its launch profile and send it up later with a small payload.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.