[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

10 minutes ago, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

Is there any reason this mod would have an effect on engine performance?  After installation, it appears my usual orbiter is accelerating way too fast and losing control shortly after launch.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with it. Just edits the visual aspects of it :)

6 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Dang, well I'm not going to be able to test OGL as I'm running Windows so I can't diagnose the problem :( You are using the dependencies included in my download right?

Yep

Scatterrer had similar problems

A quick question, stemming from the fact that I don't know how this mod works under the hood... :)

If you add support for a mod, and that mod normally ships its own exhaust effects (as opposed to re-using stock exhaust effects), how will those engines look with RealPlume? Do you assign these engines a new plume from SmokeScreen's selection of plumes, like you do with the stock engines, or is the custom plume the modder included somehow transformed into the necessary behavior?

15 hours ago, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

Is there any reason this mod would have an effect on engine performance?  After installation, it appears my usual orbiter is accelerating way too fast and losing control shortly after launch.

15 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

No, it doesn't have anything to do with it. Just edits the visual aspects of it :)

Check "Thrust Limiters" on your engines. For some reason adding RealPlume and loading craft saved before RP resets limiter settings - same happens when you try to load craft saved with RP without RP.

2 hours ago, Felger said:

Posted a new version of RealPlume - https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/releases, shouldn't break much, may want to check out engines that use Hypergolic-OMS-White.  Marked as compatible with 1.1, so ckan should pick it up soon.  Should also be backwards compatible with 1.0.x as well.

Nice work on the new plumes! They look real nice!

Thanks for the warning on the Hypergolic-OMS-White, seems like they need rescaling and repositioning, I'm working on it right now.

Edit: I won't be able to fix the VSR support, and I think VSR support should really be moved out of the Squad configs and into their own. (Use :AFTER[RealPlume on them?)

Edit2: Should also mention that I won't be able to fix them all, just stock and Tantares/KPBS/RLA Stockalike

Edit3: Done! Stock, Tantares, TantaresLV, KPBS and RLA Stockalike now support the latest release of the core RealPlume!

@Nhawks17, I'm going to leave it to you for the actual release of this, I don't know enough Github to make a release. (Don't forget to merge the PR!)

Edited by DerpyFirework

3 hours ago, Felger said:

Posted a new version of RealPlume - https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/releases, shouldn't break much, may want to check out engines that use Hypergolic-OMS-White.  Marked as compatible with 1.1, so ckan should pick it up soon.  Should also be backwards compatible with 1.0.x as well.

Excellent! Thanks Felger :D 

3 hours ago, DerpyFirework said:

Nice work on the new plumes! They look real nice!

Thanks for the warning on the Hypergolic-OMS-White, seems like they need rescaling and repositioning, I'm working on it right now.

Edit: I won't be able to fix the VSR support, and I think VSR support should really be moved out of the Squad configs and into their own. (Use :AFTER[RealPlume on them?)

Edit2: Should also mention that I won't be able to fix them all, just stock and Tantares/KPBS/RLA Stockalike

Edit3: Done! Stock, Tantares, TantaresLV, KPBS and RLA Stockalike now support the latest release of the core RealPlume!

@Nhawks17, I'm going to leave it to you for the actual release of this, I don't know enough Github to make a release. (Don't forget to merge the PR!)

Will do! I'll get a new release out right now, thanks for updating the configs :D 

5 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Will do! I'll get a new release out right now, thanks for updating the configs :D 

No problem! Needed something to do while waiting for CRS-8!

EDIT: Here's a list of configs that still need updating:

Spoiler

AIES/enginelmodc.cfg
AIES/microEngineex1sat.cfg
BTSM/BTSMLiquidEngine3.cfg
FASA/FASA_Gemini_Lander_Eng.cfg
FASA/FASA_Mercury_LFEng.cfg
FASA/FASAAgena_Engine.cfg
FASA/FASAAgena_Engine_FP.cfg
FASA/FASAApolloAPS.cfg
FASA/FASAGeminiEngineFuel.cfg
FASA/FASAGeminiLFECentarTwin.cfg
FASA/FASALM_AscentEngine.cfg
FASA/FASALM_DescentEngine.cfg
FASA/FASAPioneerLFE.cfg
KOSMOS/KOSMOS.cfg
KSO/omskso.cfg
ModRocketSys/NB0mMonoEngine1.cfg
ModRocketSys/NB3mHoundEngine.cfg
RSCapsuledyne/TaurusOrbitalEngine.cfg
Space Shuttle/OMS.cfg
SXT/MEMDescentMod.cfg
SXT/MEMLander.cfg
SXT/SXTKOPO4E.cfg
TundraExploration/Ladee_Engine.cfg

Edited by DerpyFirework

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.1 [KSP 1.1]

- Updated RealPlume files to latest

- Updated configs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DerpyFirework and Felger Edition!

Is RealPlume causing this problem for the SpaceY Emu Engine? Because it has no particle effects, flames or whatever. I'm using the 1.1 prerelease and I'm trying to find problems with mods with 1.1

As you can see the it's on full throttle and there's fuel left too, yet no effects. IS it because of this mod? 

P.S. You're doing a great job with this mod :) 

595728284159F8B1C30A5DC527CC3836CAC7EE4B

8 hours ago, Table said:

Is RealPlume causing this problem for the SpaceY Emu Engine? Because it has no particle effects, flames or whatever. I'm using the 1.1 prerelease and I'm trying to find problems with mods with 1.1

As you can see the it's on full throttle and there's fuel left too, yet no effects. IS it because of this mod? 

P.S. You're doing a great job with this mod :) 

595728284159F8B1C30A5DC527CC3836CAC7EE4B

Very strange, works fine for me. What other mods are installed? Do other engines have plumes? Could you upload the output_log.txt?

EDIT: Just a heads up, I'm working on fixing the rest of the engines that use the Hypergolic-OMS-White plume, currently partway through FASA. Will probably rework VSR sometime in the next few days.

Edited by DerpyFirework

tried the newest for 1.1 but get

[EXC 09:14:22.152] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModelMultiParticlePersistFX.Update ()

when im in orbit and go to map veiw. ive already verfied its the realplum configs and not smoke screen.

3 minutes ago, sidfu said:

tried the newest for 1.1 but get

[EXC 09:14:22.152] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModelMultiParticlePersistFX.Update ()

when im in orbit and go to map veiw. ive already verfied its the realplum configs and not smoke screen.

I've seen this too, not entirely sure what causes it, hopefully someone else knows what's wrong.

here the weird thing for me it only shows in mapveiw, when lauching rockets and such i had no error just when i was in space and hit M to go to map the error starts.

could it be the effect isnt getting destoryed like it should when u go ingo map veiw. think thats how it works for effects. basicaly isnt it still trying to apply the effect when u go to map veiw where instead it should be destroyed so its destroyed but for some reason game says its still there.

Edited by sidfu

36 minutes ago, sidfu said:

here the weird thing for me it only shows in mapveiw, when lauching rockets and such i had no error just when i was in space and hit M to go to map the error starts.

could it be the effect isnt getting destoryed like it should when u go ingo map veiw. think thats how it works for effects

Just confirmed it happens in map view, although I got it when docking a shuttle to something (which forced a reload). I'll poke around a bit after I finish up fixing the other plumes.

Edit: Just finished fixing the FASA configs, will investigate the NullRef now

EDIT2: Can confirm that this is a SmokeScreen issue, as an engine with this config:

Spoiler

+PART[liquidEngine]:FIRST
{
    @name = liquidEngine_DEBUG2
    @title = AAA_DEBUG2
    EFFECTS
    {
        running_closed
        {
            MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE_PERSIST
            {
                modelName = Squad/FX/shockExhaust_blue_small
                transformName = thrustTransform
                emission = 0.0 0.0
                emission = 0.05 0.0
                emission = 0.075 0.25
                emission = 1.0 1.25
                speed = 0.0 0.5
                speed = 1.0 1.2
            }
        }
    }

@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
    {
        @name = ModuleEnginesFX
        runningEffectName = running_closed
    }
}

causes the NullRef. Going to log an issue with smokescreen now.

Edit3: Issue Posted!

Edited by DerpyFirework

34 minutes ago, DerpyFirework said:

@Nhawks17, just finished going through all the configs and updated those that use Hypergolic-OMS-White, all parts should be fixed now.

I'm going to work on the VSR support now, so I'd recommend waiting for that before releasing an update.

Gah! You're awesome. Thank you :D 

I'm using SmokeScreen, SVE, scatterer, and some other part mods.

And also RealPlume & RealPlume Stock Configs.

I'll upload the output log l8ter, and how do I find and then upload the output log?

6 minutes ago, Table said:

I'm using SmokeScreen, SVE, scatterer, and some other part mods.

And also RealPlume & RealPlume Stock Configs.

I'll upload the output log l8ter, and how do I find and then upload the output log?

if u on 1.1 and getting NRE eerrors in map mode just use the updated smokscreen. if u just have no effects they in process of updateing the configs so u have to give them time just remove tthe config for that parts pack for now

Just now, sidfu said:

if u on 1.1 and getting NRE eerrors in map mode just use the updated smokscreen. if u just have no effects they in process of updateing the configs so u have to give them time just remove tthe config for that parts pack for now

alright thanks man