[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

@Nhawks17, I just finished reworking support for Vens Revamp, when the update is released, please report any bugs related to stock engine plumes or VSR plumes.

The stock revamped parts now override the original plumes from configs in the VensStockRevamp folder, so the stock configs are nice and clean.

Again, please report any issues, especially with these plumes.

2 minutes ago, DerpyFirework said:

@Nhawks17, I just finished reworking support for Vens Revamp, when the update is released, please report any bugs related to stock engine plumes or VSR plumes.

The stock revamped parts now override the original plumes from configs in the VensStockRevamp folder, so the stock configs are nice and clean.

Again, please report any issues, especially with these plumes.

Brilliant! I won't be able to test them in-game as I'm not with my PC right now. I will take a look at the configs though and see if I see anything. Thank you again for working on them :D 

@DerpyFirework is the Rapier engine working with the

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],0
@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],1

in the config instead of what it was before?

21 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Brilliant! I won't be able to test them in-game as I'm not with my PC right now. I will take a look at the configs though and see if I see anything. Thank you again for working on them :D 

@DerpyFirework is the Rapier engine working with the

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],0
@MODULE[ModuleEngines*],1

in the config instead of what it was before?

Should be, I used this method for an engine in Tundra Exploration and have not had any issues.

Just now, DerpyFirework said:

Should be, I used this method for an engine in Tundra Exploration and have not had any issues.

Huh, interesting. What is this referencing to in the engine config?

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Huh, interesting. What is this referencing to in the engine config?

Those refer to the index of that module type, the 0 referring to the first ModuleEngines* and the 1 referring to the second ModuleEngines*.

It works as long as Squad doesn't change the order of the engine modules in the config.

2 minutes ago, DerpyFirework said:

Those refer to the index of that module type, the 0 referring to the first ModuleEngines* and the 1 referring to the second ModuleEngines*.

It works as long as Squad doesn't change the order of the engine modules in the config.

Ahhh, ok cool. Good to know. Going to get an update out asap!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.2 [KSP 1.1]

- Updated SmokeScreen

- Updated a ton of mod configs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DerpyFirework is the greatest edition

55 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

The Kero/Lox for the KW (Saturn V) config isn't as epic as it used to be.

Yeah, and speaking of KW, I noticed a lot of the configs weren't using the right type of plume.

For example, one of the engines is stated in the RP config that it's an RS-27, but is set to use hypergolic plumes! In real life, the RS-27 is kerolox, but the worst part is that the texture of the part itself says hydrolox! It's a mess. :P

16 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.2 [KSP 1.1]

- Updated SmokeScreen

- Updated a ton of mod configs

DerpyFirework is the greatest edition

Thanks for the update! Launching rockets and flying in space feels much better with this mod.

@Nhawks17, we may have to make all physicsless engines non-physicless if we want them to have plumes, as it seems the issue will not likely be fixed in SmokeScreen any time soon. It shouldn't have much (if any) impact on part performance, and there isn't many physicsless engines, but I thought It'd be a good idea to let you (and everyone else) know. 

Edited by DerpyFirework

6 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, and speaking of KW, I noticed a lot of the configs weren't using the right type of plume.

For example, one of the engines is stated in the RP config that it's an RS-27, but is set to use hypergolic plumes! In real life, the RS-27 is kerolox, but the worst part is that the texture of the part itself says hydrolox! It's a mess. :P

I think the hypergolic effect does fit it best tho. The engine kinda reminds me more of the protons' RD253. Mod has so many Kerolex engines anyway, all the 2.5+ high thrust engines are.

Btw, love the effect of the dual nozzle vesta. Looks a bit less boring than the usual LH2 rockets (effect is great, it's that they just have hardly any vissible exhaust).

Edited by Temeter

1 hour ago, DerpyFirework said:

@Nhawks17, we may have to make all physicsless engines non-physicless if we want them to have plumes, as it seems the issue will not likely be fixed in SmokeScreen any time soon. It shouldn't have much (if any) impact on part performance, and there isn't many physicsless engines, but I thought It'd be a good idea to let you (and everyone else) know. 

Ok, that's fine with me. Is there a way to do it through ModuleManager or would we have to overwrite engine configs?

8 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It's easy to change it to something you like! Just open up the config you want to change and there's only two lines you'd need to correct :) 

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Ok, that's fine with me. Is there a way to do it through ModuleManager or would we have to overwrite engine configs?

Just one line to the standard RealPlume config. I've already made the changes to local copies of the configs, I'll set up the PR now.

Speaking of KW, there is still one bugged engine plume: I think it's the KW Fixes that added a Liquid Fuel version of the 2.5m apollo style monoprop engine. Called 'KW Rocketry Service Module Propulsion System'.  Monoprop variant looks fine, but this LF variant has a far too small exhaust plume (looks like something for a 0.625 engine).

Of course here I'm just assuming you do the patch for that specific part, i don't understand the file structure.

Edited by Temeter

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.3 [KSP 1.1]

- Updated more config files

- Added support for Home Grown Rockets

I don't know what to put here for this update, so hai

I have a couple of questions.  I did read through the forums; however - I thought I would ask directly just to make sure.

1.) I see the 1.1 RealPlume download like, thank you - In regards to RealPlume, the "volume" level - can someone suggest a work around?  The last time I used RealPlume, the audio levels for the engines were brain shattering and the only fix I did was the "engine" volume, but that impacted all engines. 

2.) I saw a reference for Vens Revamp , i was in the forums and perhaps I missed it?  If there a 1.1 download link for this?

Thank yo for your time.

18 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

@Nhawks17 I know this not the right thread but have you considered using your adept magic skills for mach/re-entry FX? Stock lags the game into yellow physics even on my i4790K + GTX980

Wait for 1.1, it greatly improves this. The calcs for Mach/Reentry effects are done on the CPU, Unity5's better multithreading allows it to be shrugged off to another core. In 1.0.5 these effects would bring my dual core system to its knees, now the timer stays green. :) 

3 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

@Nhawks17 I know this not the right thread but have you considered using your adept magic skills for mach/re-entry FX? Stock lags the game into yellow physics even on my i4790K + GTX980

I don't even know if you can change those in the first place :confused:

Hello, thanks for the great mod! I love using it in my 1.0.5 RO install.

For 1.1, I've noticed some performance issues, however. I've been messing around with 1.1 and mods the last couple of nights, always using no more than 3-4 mods at a time so I can isolate problems easier. Last night I was having serious lag problems that I think are related to Real Plume. In atmo, especially, my FPS was dropping to about 2-3 whenever I had the plume in the camera view. Lag would go away when I zoomed in and focused the camera toward the sky, cutting the plume out of the camera view. It was especially bad at launch, and got slightly better the higher the altitude. After work tonight, I'm going to remove all other mods (currently: EVE, scatterer, plant shine, and KER) except for Real Plume and its dependents and try to isolate it. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if any of those mods I just listed are known to give problems.

I know 1.1 and all 'updated' mods are still in testing phase, but I'd like to help out with feedback when I can. Please let me know if there's any other tests you'd like me to run as well.

E: I'm doing all my testing with stock crafts by the way. Most commonly KerbalX.

Edited by pearldrumbum