[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

7 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

That's not a Ven's engine, that's stock. New in 1.0.5, I coulda sworn I made a config for it. It'll have to wait until Sunday until I can work on it and I'll make a new release then.

Ok, that explains it... I had forgot that I made a config when it didn't come stock with the original DL. Sorry about the bad info, @TeeGee!

9 hours ago, nosirrbro said:

Eww, why is the 4 nozzle 3.whatever meter engine's plume blue? Thats a giant engine and deserves yellow!

Because that's what it was made to have :) If you don't like it you can change the config for it, it's super easy!

10 hours ago, nosirrbro said:

Eww, why is the 4 nozzle 3.whatever meter engine's plume blue? Thats a giant engine and deserves yellow!

Looking at it from a realism point of view, that engine is based off the quad RS-25 engine assembly for the SLS. Those engines are the ones previously used on the Space Shuttle, and they burn Liquid Oxygen and Liquid Hydrogen, a combination that produce a blue, fairly transparent plume :P 

2dwxACW.jpg

It's the Kerosene engines that burn with the dirty yellow flames. Something like the F1 

oTrhHZe.png

#themoreyouknow ;) 

On 3/19/2016 at 11:05 PM, FiiZzioN said:

Ok, that explains it... I had forgot that I made a config when it didn't come stock with the original DL. Sorry about the bad info, @TeeGee!

No problem, I'll be eagerly awaiting the update as soon as it comes out!

On March 20, 2016 at 0:19 AM, nosirrbro said:

It's a cryogenic engine, blue/clear exaust! The vector has the blue exaust, and a mammoth is 4 vectors

2 hours ago, DarthVader said:

It's a cryogenic engine, blue/clear exaust! The vector has the blue exaust, and a mammoth is 4 vectors

Actually technically the mamoth is four of the engines on the LFB which has yellow exaust, meaning the plume colors are contradicting themselves.

1 hour ago, nosirrbro said:

Actually technically the mamoth is four of the engines on the LFB which has yellow exaust, meaning the plume colors are contradicting themselves.

According to the Wiki, its based off of 4 vectors, use the blue plume. 

@TeeGee sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this, I've been super super busy lately. Looking at the latest release v0.9.4. There are configs for the stock SSME engine (aka S3 KS-25 "Vector" Liquid Fuel Engine, what you linked in the pictures) and they are working properly, just tested it myself and it works. Make sure you are updated to the latest version of the mod :) 

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

@TeeGee sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this, I've been super super busy lately. Looking at the latest release v0.9.4. There are configs for the stock SSME engine (aka S3 KS-25 "Vector" Liquid Fuel Engine, what you linked in the pictures) and they are working properly, just tested it myself and it works. Make sure you are updated to the latest version of the mod :) 

It may have it, but it doesn't seem to use it. I had to make my own config before a RealPlume would show up for the SSME, so I don't know what's going on. This is my config that was required before I got a plume:

@PART[SSME]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]:FINAL
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hydrolox-Lower
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,0.5
        flareScale = 1
        plumePosition = 0,0,0.98
        plumeScale = 1.05
        energy = 1
        speed = 1

}
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        @name = ModuleEnginesFX
        %powerEffectName =  Hydrolox-Lower
    }
}

Edited by FiiZzioN

21 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

It may have it, but it doesn't seem to use it. I had to make my own config before a RealPlume would show up for the SSME, so I don't know what's going on. This is my config that was required before I got a plume:

@PART[SSME]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]:FINAL
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hydrolox-Lower
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        flarePosition = 0,0,0.5
        flareScale = 1
        plumePosition = 0,0,0.98
        plumeScale = 1.05
        energy = 1
        speed = 1

}
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        @name = ModuleEnginesFX
        %powerEffectName =  Hydrolox-Lower
    }
}

The one in the download worked for me out of the box so I dunno :)

11 hours ago, nosirrbro said:

Ok, first, the in-game Mammoth is based off of 4 SSME's (Vectors) in real life. They are also HydroLox engines, thus an almost invisible blue plume. Second, the LFB uses two F1-B engines using RP1 and LOX, thus the yellow orange'ish color. As the name of the mod suggests, it uses, well.. RealPlumes. 

Edited by FiiZzioN

Update for 1.1 compatibility is out! As always with the pre-release expect bugs. The update includes developmental versions of SmokeScreen and ModuleManager so don't expect everything to run 100%. Also worth noting that the radially attached monoprop stock engine no longer has effects due to squad adding the PhysicsSignficance = 1 line to that config which SmokeScreen doesn't like. So please, don't report that.... Enjoy everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.0

- 1.1 Compatibility EXPECT BUGS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hooray! Bugs galore!

5 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

I tried this in OpenGL, no plume or smoke effects, I have the dependencies MM and SE, but no solid or liquid engines produce anything, not even noise.

Are you running Windows? If I'm not mistaken, OpenGL is broken in Windows for 1.1

1 hour ago, Kirk0007 said:

Bug report (1.1): the RAPIER engine appears always on, even when not activated yet in the staging sequence.

Interesting... I tested all the stock engines and didn't notice this, I'll look at it again today and see if I can reproduce it.

21 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

No, I am running Linux

Dang, well I'm not going to be able to test OGL as I'm running Windows so I can't diagnose the problem :( You are using the dependencies included in my download right?