Calling all Real Solar System - Realism Overhaul Players !!! :)

hypervelocity

Hi guys! Hope everyone's doing great!

Maybe this has already been posted/suggested in the forums but if so I'll say it again!

Is it not time that we have a Realism Hub in this forum to discuss all RSS-Realism Overhaul related stuff? I am an assiduous RSS/RO player (in fact I have never played stock KSP - I started with RSS/RO right from the start [man, was that tough!]) and became almost obsessed with turning my KSP into the real thing.

I think a Realism Hub in the forums would help encourage discussions, exchanges, mod development, issue detecting/fixing, tutorials, story-telling, social bonding/connecting etc. for all of us who only really care for the Realistic KSP.

I started thinking in this idea while following the RO Discussion Thread, in which I see people posting crashes/bugs, stories and mission reports, design queries and ideas, etc. etc. indistinctly. I find it quite hard to follow it and track the content I'm interested in (in my case alone, I already have RSS/RO working so I might not be as interested in other people's technical issues but design discussions, craft exchanges, compatible mods, etc.). Basically I think the aforementioned thread is now holding a multitude of different type of posts that I think would be good to have them separated & organized.

Concluding, I think this Realism Hub would be a great addition to the forums. We could track RSS/RO compatible mods (which I'm always out on the look for), discuss building/design techniques without having to worry to specify all the time that we work under the RSS/RO suite, share our stories and mission plans, post challenges and defy other players and have an organized sub-forum for technical aid (between RO & RSS' Visual Enhancements threads, the amount of technical issues and people asking the same things over and over again without providing the minimum information for those experienced users to help them is excruciating and I can't imagine what's like for @NathanKell, @pingopete and the rest of the guys that are always willingly trying to help every single day [we super thank you for that guys, you are pillars of this community which I am just trying to begin to be a part of!!!]).

Hopefully you agree with me and we can get this going on! I also offer myself to provide any help in creating/maintaining such a structure as it is deemed necessary.

Thanks everyone for being this great! I love this game!!!

Edited by pvnkb1tch

17 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

We already have a discussion thread about RSS/RO/RP-0 but if you want you can proceed with this one :).

Hi Phineas :D yup, I know we do have that discussion thread, however my idea was more oriented to a sub-forum than a single thread. It's mainly for organization purposes; i.e. I see in that discussion thread many many different types of posts (technical issues, design ideas/queries, mission stories/descriptions, queries regarding compatible mods, etc. etc.) and I just thought it would be better and would drive added value to have a specific subforum for all RSS/RO/RP-0 things related :D just a humble thought though, if everyone's doing fine with that single thread then that's OK :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.