[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

8 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Yup, Kronal viewer.

Oh didn't saw the antenna, I'll add it. Please don't keep me salivating for too long :sticktongue:

It wont be too long.

fUxjBi4.png

This is just a quickie. I'll post a more detailed update later. I still have some issues to work out before I can put it on Github. I had a lot of animation issues and it took me forever to get this far. That's a mission flag decal by the way, not the texture.

~Zzzzzheers!

Edited by akron

Little bug. Place a CA-A01 Ground Plane Antenna on a craft, deploy it, retract it, and send it to the pad. The antenna appears deployed.

It's always retractable despite the description. I think that isOneShot = true parameter is bugged. I can't find an example of a part that uses it.

You may or may not want to add DeployFxModules = 0 to the ModuleDataTransmitter so the antenna deploys before transmitting.

4 hours ago, akron said:

It wont be too long.

This is just a quickie. I'll post a more detailed update later. I still have some issues to work out before I can put it on Github. I had a lot of animation issues and it took me forever to get this far. That's a mission flag decal by the way, not the texture.

~Zzzzzheers!

Nice!! Just installed @Sigma88 Stockalike Solar System and can't wait to launch for Jupiter

I'm playing with this mod right now, as I like modular satelites :)

I noticed the dishes are quite heavy (700-750kg each, cq 0.75t) with the medium being almost the same weight as the large one. For my own game I altered them to 0.035, 0.055 and 0.075t to make them more compatible with the stock dishes.

9 hours ago, Jso said:

Little bug. Place a CA-A01 Ground Plane Antenna on a craft, deploy it, retract it, and send it to the pad. The antenna appears deployed.

It's always retractable despite the description. I think that isOneShot = true parameter is bugged. I can't find an example of a part that uses it.

You may or may not want to add DeployFxModules = 0 to the ModuleDataTransmitter so the antenna deploys before transmitting.

This has been haunting me since I released it. The antenna is not supposed to be retractable but I cannot figure out a way to lock it once it retracts, hence the problems like you described. @DMagic's science animate module worked, but left behind a "run experiment" button that did nothing. I remember Squad posting in a Dev blog that they fixed "isOneShot" but apparently not. I am open to suggestions as to how to fix this! I think it can be done using Firespitter but I am trying to avoid adding another dependency if necessary.

6 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Nice!! Just installed @Sigma88 Stockalike Solar System and can't wait to launch for Jupiter

I plan to fix the bugs and upload the progress tonight (I work on KSP late). I think I am ready for "feature lock" meaning no more new things unless you guys want anything else this weekend (I'd love to release 0.13 tomorrow). I will be modeling the Pioneer antenna dish though, but that can go on v0.14 instead. I've thinking about Twitch streaming a work session like @CobaltWolf does. Any interest in that?

48 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

I'm playing with this mod right now, as I like modular satelites :)

I noticed the dishes are quite heavy (700-750kg each, cq 0.75t) with the medium being almost the same weight as the large one. For my own game I altered them to 0.035, 0.055 and 0.075t to make them more compatible with the stock dishes.

Thank you! @Jso brought up the same thing. The antennas are scaled with Remote tech antennas. The A100 got a weight reduction a couple of dev checkpoints ago. I justify their heavier weight because these are high gain antenna available relatively early in the tech tree. My reasoning is that better building materials and techniques are not quite developed by the Kerbals yet. This is why the A300 weighs little more than the A200, because of lighter and better materials. I think its actually on the part descriptions. 

I am willing to reduce the weight of the A200 and the A300, but I don't want them to be too light. I'll look at this again. I wanted to wait until Squad releases their antenna overhaul to scale them there. I would prefer to lower antenna weights after KSP 1.2 rather than have to raise their weight and mess up active flights.

Great feedback, guys!

~Cheers

Edited by akron

5 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

np, as I changed them for myself :)  

Right on!

Here are some more screenshots from last night that I was too tired and busy to post. Note on the last one. I updated the texture of the E200s to be less purple and more "traditional." Also, all the probe cores were exported with slightly updated textures and now have spec maps.

1 hour ago, akron said:

This has been haunting me since I released it. The antenna is not supposed to be retractable but I cannot figure out a way to lock it once it retracts, hence the problems like you described. @DMagic's science animate module worked, but left behind a "run experiment" button that did nothing. I remember Squad posting in a Dev blog that they fixed "isOneShot" but apparently not. I am open to suggestions as to how to fix this! I think it can be done using Firespitter but I am trying to avoid adding another dependency if necessary.

Looks like they "fixed" it by setting it to false in all the parts. Might as well do the same until something can be worked out.

2 hours ago, akron said:

I plan to fix the bugs and upload the progress tonight (I work on KSP late). I think I am ready for "feature lock" meaning no more new things unless you guys want anything else this weekend (I'd love to release 0.13 tomorrow). I will be modeling the Pioneer antenna dish though, but that can go on v0.14 instead. I've thinking about Twitch streaming a work session like @CobaltWolf does. Any interest in that?

Great feedback, guys!

~Cheers

Oh yes si señor!

14 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

just passing by to congratulate you for your very first live stream, very informative and the music was a blast, Keep 'em coming!

Thank you, sir!

The latest stuff has been released to the Gihub repo

Thank you for testing, this should be the last parts that get added to BETA 13.

~Cheers

Thank you all for the support! I think it went well after the technical hiccups got fixed. (Except for Skype not working).

I may have the stream up more frequently while I work on stuff or if anyone has questions or need help. Let me know! Worked on the Pioneer antenna a little. Here's what I'm thinking for he RCS:

YrSEPt8.png

This is for BETA 14, by the way. Unless I can some how finish it by today.

Looking good!

Almost all images are blurry, but theres another RCS block behind the dish?

Pioneer_H_NASM_RK_2008_4.jpg

Pioneer_H_NASM_RK_2008_5.jpg

Pioneer-H_1280px.jpg

Edit: found this:

pioneer11diag_med.jpg

Are you planing to model the meteroid sensor? (shameless hidden request)

And that's what I was talking yesterday about Juno, though NF solar have the solar panels, they lack the magnetometer which are probes signature:

no a request at all, I swear :wink:

Edited by Drakenex

7 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Looking good!

Almost all images are blurry, but theres another RCS block behind the dish?

Thanks! Yes, there is a RCS block on each side, I just didn't put it in that preview. :P 

Juno panels are a possibility. 

By the way guys, the RCS on Barquetta are broken on Github. I already fixed them. Patch coming up later

Edited by akron

On 6/11/2016 at 4:16 PM, akron said:

I remember Squad posting in a Dev blog that they fixed "isOneShot" but apparently not. I am open to suggestions as to how to fix this!

I stumbled into this working on something else. disableAfterPlaying = true seems to work. 

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = deploy
		//isOneShot = true
		disableAfterPlaying = true
		startEventGUIName = Deploy
		endEventGUIName = Retract
		actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna
		allowAnimationWhileShielded = False
	}

3 hours ago, Jso said:

I stumbled into this working on something else. disableAfterPlaying = true seems to work. 

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = deploy
		//isOneShot = true
		disableAfterPlaying = true
		startEventGUIName = Deploy
		endEventGUIName = Retract
		actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna
		allowAnimationWhileShielded = False
	}

I tested this and it worked!!!! Thanks! @Jso and in good timing too...

ProbesPlus! BETA 13 Released!

Download:

Download-Github-brightgreen.png

Download-Dropbox-blue.png

Requires: Dmagic Orbital Science(For some science experiments to work), DMagic ScienceAnimate (included)

Remote Tech configs by @rakol: Download

AntennaRange support by @rasta013: Download

Changelog:

Spoiler

Beta 0.13

-New parts!
    ==Science parts==
    *CA-ELIX Electrostatic and Ionization Experiment (Ranger)
    *CA-KLIR Infra-Red Spec (2001 Mars Odyssey)
    *CA-ROTFL Orbital Telescope (Mars Recon Orbiter)
    *CA-SWIS Solar Wind Analyzer (MAVEN)
    *CA-RPWS Radio Wave Science (Cassini)
    *CA-LUV Ultraviolet Spectrometer (MAVEN)
    *CA-SCGRS Gamma Ray Spec (2001 Mars Odyssey)
    *CA-SCB01 Torekka Science Boom (Voyager)
    *CA-DUST-C Dust collector (Stardust)
    *CA-DUST-X Dust Experiment (Cassini)
    ==Other parts added==
    *E200B Solar Panel
    *CA-ESM - Quetzal's Extended Service Module (Pioneer 10/11)

-Updated old parts:
    *Improved models and textures of stock replacements
    *New model and texture of the MG100 Magnetometer (Pioneer 10/11)

ATTENTION!: New Magnetometer is of slightly different size. Old model is included but is being deprecated on patch 0.14. 
Recover your vessels!!!

Updates

-Added specular maps to probes cores and many parts
-Improved older textures
    *Improved weathering and reduced harsh contrast where possible
    *Improved edges to prepare for future specular maps overhaul
    *Darkened the Photovoltaic cells on the E200 series and made them less purple
-Converted textures to DDS
-Changed Ground-plane antenna to use ModuleAnimateGeneric
-Added new ScienceDefs for the new experiments, update existing ones
-Added some Tweakscale Compatibility. Configs by jsolson
-Added Remote Tech Compatibility. Configs by rakol
-Added AntennaRange Compatibility. Configs by rasta013
-Updated part descriptions
-Added part tags
-Reduced A100 mass to 0.35
-Improved Torekka torque to 0.4
-Revised antenna dishes transmission rate for the stock system

Thanks for all the support!

~Cheers

Edited by akron

2 minutes ago, Sulaiman said:

If you stop this project, i'll kill you on site!

Yo this is the BEST Probepack! i always get bored by stock probes!

At least I won't have to come to you, I guess.

Thanks? :D

Death threats if you quit work - you in the majors now boyo.:D

Not that people pay attention to these numbers, but for a new spacedock release, you have a very respectable Follower:Downloads ratio - smart money says invest now!

(I also like the new parts - you seem to have eased off on the foil a bit, while still using it in places to keep the unifying look. Very stylish and exactly what I was hoping for.:))

Cheers.

Edit:

Something to consider is Near Future Electrical RTG decay support for your RTG's. There are patches that add it to the stock one as an example in NFE if you need an idea.

Edited by Deimos Rast

31 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Death threats if you quit work - you in the majors now boyo.:D

Not that people pay attention to these numbers, but for a new spacedock release, you have a very respectable Follower:Downloads ratio - smart money says invest now!

(I also like the new parts - you seem to have eased off on the foil a bit, while still using it in places to keep the unifying look. Very stylish and exactly what I was hoping for.:))

Cheers.

Edit:

Something to consider is Near Future Electrical RTG decay support for your RTG's. There are patches that add it to the stock one as an example in NFE if you need an idea.

Oh man, not sure I like the majors. :)

I was looking at Spacedock, I just figured it was because it is the newest mod so it features right on the front page. I will take this as encouragement to keep the momentum going, then, rather than take a break. Thank you for the feedback on the foil texture. I will try to continue to add some variety.

NFE RTG decay support is now on my to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion

~Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.