Strange power generation condition. glitch?

I've got a drop probe in testing that I'm going to use to seed the Kerbin system some time in the future.  It works just fine in space, and it's descent to a planet goes as planned, but something odd happens when it lands.  You see, this probe has only surface attached solar panels for power(which is all it needs).  The oddity happens when it lands.  Having just solar panels, 2 batteries, an sas module, and a probe core, for power items, should mean it is constantly draining power when in the dark.  In space and during reentry, this happens as you would expect.  But once the probe lands, it starts generating power at night, fairly rapidly at times, even though the solar panels have no sunlight and stability assist is turned on.

I would like to figure out why this is happening since this is not a design feature of the probes.  And I'm sure this is not supposed to happen.

droppododity1_zpso7cihoaz.jpg

Oolean Drop Pod 2.

It shows no signs of oddities when placed on the surface via launch or an editor.  It's only when it goes through an actual descent that the strange happens.

Descent on Kerbin:

from a 75 x 75 km orbit..

activate first stage and use sepratrons to break orbit

use the ablator to absorb the heat of reentry until around 18,000m

detatch the ablator and use main engine to slow the craft down to safe parachute speed

stage the parachute at around 4-6km

lower landing legs before touchdown, anytime after dropping the ablator is fine.

once landed, cycle off then on again stability assist.

If your landed at night you should still be generating more power then using, which is not normal...

fyi: only mods I have are: Kerbal Engineer and Hyper Edit for testing.

Edited by Jakalth

42 minutes ago, JTpopcorn said:

Does it generate during time warp only?

Never tested it on time warp.  Was performing the tests at normal time and it was generating power like that.

As for the solar panels, they were saying direct line of sight with the sun, but 0.00 charge being generated.  All 8 panels read the same though.  The power generation was spiking at 0.30/sec not counting the 0.03 drain from the probe core which makes no sense really.

And these were the readings from the vanilla KSP readout, not the ones in Kerbal Engineer.

Edited by Jakalth

@NathanKell hmmm, can't reproduce the condition in a new game without the mods installed.  Seems to be an issue with my save game(again).  And/or one of the two mods I'm using may be causing it as well.  Ad since I've only got Kerbal Engineer and Hyper Edit installed, there is only 3 options.  Bugged save game(happened to me before), Kerbal Engineer, or HyperEdit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.