Forum question about quoting

quasarrgames

Everytime i quote someone, if i then decide not to quote them or to talk about something else, the forum wont let me delete the quote. It'll let me delete the text inside the quote, but the quote box is still there. Is there something incredibly simple i'm missing on how to delete quotes?

Thank you :)

16 minutes ago, quasarrgames said:

Everytime i quote someone, if i then decide not to quote them or to talk about something else, the forum wont let me delete the quote. It'll let me delete the text inside the quote, but the quote box is still there. Is there something incredibly simple i'm missing on how to delete quotes?

Thank you :)

If you're on a mobile device, you're just screwed.  The software is seriously broken for mobile.  :(

If you're in a desktop browser:  When you hover over the quote box, there's a little button that appears in the top left corner.  Click on that button, it selects the overall quote box.  Then hit the delete key and it deletes the whole thing.

Incidentally, you can use this same technique if you want to cut-paste a quote.  For example, suppose you want to send someone a private message, in which you quote something from a forum post.  You can do that easily:  first, quote them in the forum post (as if you were going to reply to the thread); click on the little button and cut the quote so it's on your clipboard, then abandon the message without posting it.  Then go to send the person a private message and paste the quote there.  Works great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.