Can anyone figure out what's wrong with this article?

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

It is the NY Daily. Lol. So now we have at least two errors. Who finds the next one?!

You are only allowed to give 25 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today.

1 minute ago, Bill Phil said:

It has ads that prevent me from viewing it?

No, its the info the article provides.

1 minute ago, Bill Phil said:

Well I still can't read it...

Friggin ancient technology...

Astronaut Scott Kelly returned to Earth this week from his yearlong stay aboard International Space Station, but that's not it for space missions in 2016.

NASA and the European Space Agency have planned missions to explore Jupiter and Mars, respectively; private agencies such as Virgin Galactic and Blue Origins will continue to test their space tourism initiatives throughout the year; and SpaceX has slated launches for the Falcon Heavy rocket and the Crew Dragon capsule.

___

Here are six space missions to look forward to this year:

Juno Spacecraft — After five years of travel, the Juno spacecraft will finally reach the fifth planet in our solar system. NASA expects Juno to reach and land on Jupiter by July 4. Juno will stay on the gas giant for 20 months, studying the planet's atmosphere, magnetic field and gravitational field.

The Juno spacecraft was created by NASA's New Frontiers program and is a cousin of the New Horizons probe that flew by Pluto last summer.

___

OSIRIS REx — NASA is not only looking to explore planets; it also wants to study asteroids. On Sept. 8, the space agency will launch its OSIRIS REx spacecraft, which will land on the asteroid 1999 RQ36 in 2018.

Once OSIRIS has reached the targeted asteroid, it will collect some samples and map the surface of the space rock. NASA expects the spacecraft to return to Earth by 2023. This will mark the first time asteroid samples are carried back home via probe.

___

Crew Dragon Capsule — SpaceX's "space taxi" is ready for in-flight abort testing. The company, created by Tesla CEO Elon Musk, will test the capsule in December. The Crew Dragon will eventually carry NASA astronauts to and from the ISS.

SpaceX already successfully demonstrated the abort system works, but it also wants to ensure that passengers will be completely safe when aboard.

___

Falcon Heavy — Prior to the Dragon Crew tests, SpaceX will test flight its Falcon Heavy rocket in September. This is the first time the agency is launching the massive vehicle, which is essentially three Falcon 9 rockets combined.

SpaceX eventually wants to use this rocket to take people to the moon and Mars. CEO Ellon Musk has been testing the spacecraft's since 2011, but he's certain it'll take flight this year.

___

ExoMars — The ESA will be the first to launch this year with the ExoMars mission on March 14, which will consist of sending three exoplanetary spacecraft to Mars in hopes of finding traces of alien life. The ExoMars spacecraft will also test out new technologies on the Red Planet that could be used for future space exploration.

The ESA partnered with Russia's Roscosmos to make the mission possible. The first to spacecraft to launch will be the Trace Gas Orbiter and the Schiaparelli EDM, which are expected to land in October. The first will study the atmosphere and the second will test technologies on land. The third rover will land sometime in 2018.

___

Space Tourism - Want to go to space? Well, these private agencies have been trying to make your desire a reality. Virgin Galactic will be testing sub-orbital vehicles all year in order to one day be able to take humans to the edge of space.

Blue Origin — owned by Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos — is also trying to offer a similar service and it's calling it the "Astronaut Experience." The company has already executed launches, landings and re-launches, but it still has several more tests to run before it sends humans on brief excursions.

2 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Errr... They think it is possible to land on Jupiter?

I missed that! But no.

1 minute ago, sevenperforce said:

Falcon Heavy can take a Dragon V2 to Mars but not a manned one. 

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

But seriously, if ANYONE can provide links to a possible Manned Moon landing (Or at least flyby) with SpaceX, that would be amazing.

7 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

But seriously, if ANYONE can provide links to a possible Manned Moon landing (Or at least flyby) with SpaceX, that would be amazing.

I wouldn't be surprised is something like that was on their drawing board, but I haven't heard anything like that.

Feels like something I could have written for an half assed assignment...I guess the rush for content in the internet age has degraded journalistic standard. Everyone want to say something first, before even trying to check what they are saying.

In anycase, I think it is better we stop giving the place anymore views.

Some glossy in germany (cant remember the name of the magazine) I read yesterday was about "NASA sends humans to mars".

They wrote the landing is planned for 2039 like this was a given fact. More funnier was the used spacecraft: SLS block I with a Orion capsule. Well, have fun on your journy to Mars...

I'm still thinking about writting a letter ;-)

Edited by lugge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.